• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

impact

Banned
Before I talk about how we're ending, let me explain how it started. Starting on Sunday, December 7 is when this all began. After a poor performance at DreamHack and another poor performance at ESEA, I decided it was time for a roster change. There were different problems that existed in the team, including personality clashes and motivational issues, and I wanted to make changes to the lineup that I thought would better our situation. Unfortunately the team thought different and out-voted me and they were not willing to make the changes. Since I felt so strongly about these changes being needed to be successful, I was forced to step down from the team and build a roster elsewhere.

That's why it's hard to show any support for C9. They don't care

soultron

Banned

That's why it's hard to show any support for C9. They don't care

A C9 with Shahzam instead of sgares or Semphis would be pretty crazy.

Losing Hiko and gaining an AWPer is still a loss, since they needed a solid AWPer in the first place, but now they have that and are down a good rifler without Hiko. They have sgares and semphis still, who occasionally have standout solo plays but that's it.

They need to drop sgares or semphis if they want to build a solid roster.

I don't really care about "having fun as a team of friends" as an excuse. You're playing at invite tournaments. Time to start competing rather than just showing up.

I wonder how long they can keep going like this too, being honest. How long before C9, as an org, decides to drop them if they keep exiting in groups? The only reason, I'd argue, that they won against NIP on Nuke is because Maikelele is so inconsistent and that really hurt NIP's ability to control the map once they got onto CT side.

Fnatic vs NIP is a tough one. I feel like only GR and Forest have performed really well for NIP so far. The others haven't really shown up. Likewise, I don't feel JW has shown up for any Fnatic games yet.

Plus I have a bad record whenever I bet against NIP. Bleh.

Get your bets in early guys. I was getting errors even when trying to bet stuff from my returns. Can't imagine anyone is getting anything through from the Steam inventory right now.

edit - as for C9, they're just not getting better. And it shows when they get exposed in tournaments against T1 opponents. It feels like a team populated with personalities/streamers and bolstered by their fan communities. You have to wonder if Hiko leaving actually triggered the introspection they sorely need right now.

soultron

Banned
I've been saying that for a year and you guys used to get angry at me for it

Brings a tear to my eye :)

I like C9, but even I recognize they have issues. Losing Hiko made it really apparent, as you've said. I like them because they're an NA team (where I'm from) that is full of seemingly nice people (maybe not Shah) who don't cheat or throw, sometimes have highlight reel plays, but that's it. Only part of that even applies to the actual game.

I learned to like them because of their upsets, but as I've learned more and more about the game over the year I've spent here (learning + playing), I recognize that often times it's because of map choices or other team's weaknesses that give C9 wins. And that luck always runs out when their opponent knows the map well or is simply firing on all cylinders and not making any mistakes. This is why C9 will never win a tournament that includes teir 1 EU teams like FN + NIP and so on. Unless they change, it's a matter of time until they eventually get dropped by their org or dissolve and exit the game or go separate ways on different teams.

soultron

Banned
Well ex-IBP ain't going to any big orgs so might as well make a new team

Hiko
shroud
swag
DaZeD
Shahzam

I still find it hard to get behind players like swag and dazed because of them being part of IBP during the infamous NGC throw. Whether or not they had knowledge or partook in it, I don't know.

It's like how I'll never forgive smithz (LDLC) for undermining female competitve CS by standing in for his GF (on myXMG.fe).

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
NICE

Man Im loving this tournament so far. Definitely the most professionally organised cs event so far. This actually has a tv like feeling to it while most of the other tournaments feel kinda amateurish compared to this.
And the games are awesome as well.

ironmang

Hmm bet not looking great right now but definitely wasn't passing up on almost 50/50 payout. Been running pretty hot this weekends so I'm due for a non-icb loss.

NICE

Man Im loving this tournament so far. Definitely the most professionally organised cs event so far. This actually has a tv like feeling to it while most of the other tournaments feel kinda amateurish compared to this.

The games being so close is what is really making the tournament. Really well done. Also loving the 60fps stream.

ironmang

Fifflaren reminds me of all those former NFL coaches and players who become analysts. Looks so relieved and happy after constantly dealing with people's bullshit opinions for years.

tootsi666

I kinda agree. MLGtv's Xbone app is horrible compared to twitch and ddk's co-caster shouldn't try to do analysis, but production values make up for that.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
A C9 with Shahzam instead of sgares or Semphis would be pretty crazy.

Losing Hiko and gaining an AWPer is still a loss, since they needed a solid AWPer in the first place, but now they have that and are down a good rifler without Hiko. They have sgares and semphis still, who occasionally have standout solo plays but that's it.

They need to drop sgares or semphis if they want to build a solid roster.

I don't really care about "having fun as a team of friends" as an excuse. You're playing at invite tournaments. Time to start competing rather than just showing up.

I wonder how long they can keep going like this too, being honest. How long before C9, as an org, decides to drop them if they keep exiting in groups? The only reason, I'd argue, that they won against NIP on Nuke is because Maikelele is so inconsistent and that really hurt NIP's ability to control the map once they got onto CT side.

If Steel wasn't so toxic and had problems with everyone on c9 he'd be the perfect pickup for them as a replacement for sgares and as an IGL.

If Hiko stayed at c9 and they dropped sgares and semphis for Shahzam and Steel, that would have been a pretty sick team actually.

Haribi

I kinda agree. MLGtv's Xbone app is horrible compared to twitch and ddk's co-caster shouldn't try to do analysis, but production values make up for that.

Can't comment on the xbox app but I actually like their stream a lot more than twich. I haven't had a single lag since yesterday on the highest Quality, something which has never happened on twitch before.
The mobile app works fine for me as well.

soultron

Banned
I'll say again, fuck steel for throwing and chipping away at NA CS scene and credibility.

Betting on dig over LDLC. Happy is fucking crazy, but I feel like the BO3 will really change the vetos.

I know this conversation is about how steel plays and not how he acts (im)morally, but I still can't get over that.

Xizk

BTW next week has two LANs at the same time! ASUS ROG in Finland and Clutchcon in the US. Will be CS streams 24/7 because of the time zone differences.

If Steel wasn't so toxic and had problems with everyone on c9 he'd be the perfect pickup for them as a replacement for sgares and as an IGL.

If Hiko stayed at c9 and they dropped sgares and semphis for Shahzam and Steel, that would have been a pretty sick team actually.

Steel really isn't toxic though....and he has no problems with the C9 guys. He was joking around with them on twitter a couple of days ago.

KingKong

BTW next week has two LANs at the same time! ASUS ROG in Finland and Clutchcon in the US. Will be CS streams 24/7 because of the time zone differences.

its funny because clutch con is 15k prize pool and it has 15 North American teams and Fnatic, while asus rog is 25k and has VP, NiP, Titan and some other euro teams

Fnatic going for that easy money

Top Bottom