• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Xizk

its funny because clutch con is 15k prize pool and it has 15 North American teams and Fnatic, while asus rog is 25k and has VP, NiP, Titan and some other euro teams

Fnatic going for that easy money

I think MLG are paying for for their stay too and they are already there so seems smart of them.

soultron

Banned
dig won't be able to close the map if they keep losing to force buys like this.

They're doing the wackiest shit to win rounds.

Wow, super sloppy play from LDLC... it looked like they didn't know what to do on CT. Shotgun buys were so confusing.

Xizk

FN/dig tomorrow seems like an easy win for FN.
NIP/LDLC seems like it could go either way.

The third place decider should go to fnatic if they take it seriously which is a big if as it's only a bronze match. I'll put a small bet on Dignitas if the odds are 80/20 tomorrow like they are now.

The finals are 50/50 and I will skip betting on it if there's no underdog bet to be made.

Omega

Banned
Happy is +50 throughout the tournament so far (141-91) while never going negative and through 6 matches was the best player on his team 3 times, second best player twice and worst one time. (that last one being a 16-6 stomping of Liquid so he wasn't even needed)

Oh, and he's also the IGL.

Happy continues to show he's the best player. Out performed everyone who was ranked above him that played this tournament. It's also not even close. 1.39 rating with second best being 1.17 and the second best spread is KRiMZ at +27

Top 1 for 2015. don't fuck it up this time HLTV

Omikron

impact

Banned
Happy is +50 throughout the tournament so far (141-91) while never going negative and through 6 matches was the best player on his team 3 times, second best player twice and worst one time. (that last one being a 16-6 stomping of Liquid so he wasn't even needed)

Oh, and he's also the IGL.

Happy continues to show he's the best player. Out performed everyone who was ranked above him that played this tournament. It's also not even close. 1.39 rating with second best being 1.17 and the second best spread is KRiMZ at +27

Top 1 for 2015. don't fuck it up this time HLTV

u should download his config

vocab

Gotta love those fresh ass bakery accounts dropping 40 bombs making shots that make pros shit their pants. Retake a bomb site running full speed with a zeus knowing exactly where some guy is with no fucks giving. Classic.

Rivitur

Banned
Happy looks a a pretty good close range awper imo. I've rarely seen him miss at close range with an awp.

Edit: I say IMO even though I don't need to say IMO (if I'm typing this then obviously its my opinion) just so you don't think its fact. I felt the need to say this because at 6 am the internet get boring and there's nothing to do but browse the deep web.

Stats for the xgame: http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=181&eventid=1600&gameid=2

The SG553 can be a bitch to control. That's why people prefer the AK, but nice 4k though. It's like u had a hidden silencer on that gun, since those guys couldn't find u. xD

I've been trying some other guns while playing with randoms instead of my group. While experimenting I realised I really like the CZ auto pistol and also the Scout.

cresto

Who would have thought sitting for hours on end watching cs would wear you out. Fucking tired from all this cs. The games have gone on and on. 10am-11pm is rough on those chairs.

Any last requests?

Wunder

I don't think a map will debut in a major. And I don't see any other tournaments using it these days either.

didn't cbble and overpass 'debut' at a major? I might be misremembering but I thought the current map pool/pick&ban was changed at ESL Cologne to include the two maps. I remember pros/community complaining about the timespan between the announcement and major at least.

I do wish they would tweak the map pool for Katowice though. Cbble is a joke and now just gets banned almost every game, except in a bo3 where it can randomly get picked because teams don't want to waste a ban on it.

frbrr

Pretty funny that the reddit circlejerk is calling for this MLG to be the benchmark for future tournaments.
I must be missing something.

Rixxan

Gotta love those fresh ass bakery accounts dropping 40 bombs making shots that make pros shit their pants. Retake a bomb site running full speed with a zeus knowing exactly where some guy is with no fucks giving. Classic.

Lolling hard dude, lollllllll

Feel dat pain

soultron

Banned
Pretty funny that the reddit circlejerk is calling for this MLG to be the benchmark for future tournaments.
What don't you like about this?

I think it has a few issues, but from the presentation side alone, I think it's been great.

didn't cbble and overpass 'debut' at a major? I might be misremembering but I thought the current map pool/pick&ban was changed at ESL Cologne to include the two maps. I remember pros/community complaining about the timespan between the announcement and major at least.

I'm not sure about Overpass but at least Cobble had been around forever. The point still being that I feel Season needs to find popularity on lesser events before being put into the rotation in a major.

I could be completely wrong though.

I don't see why you'd consider that such an outlandish assertion. This tournament does seem to be pretty well organized. Good casters and hosts. Very few technical issues with the hardware. The matches were delayed somewhat, especially on day one, but that's common to every tournament and not such a major issue here. Professional production values. The site and stream has worked fine throughout. I especially like the 60fps stream they have going. And of course, the icing on the cake is that virtually every match has been amazing.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, the part where people are actually enjoying this tournament.

Rivitur

Banned
Toggling the x-ray is also done very well. Props to MLG. If only their player was more mobile friendly.
I've had no problems on the MLG.TV app or on the ps4
Do you guys think Season will make it in for Katowice or is it too late for that?
ESEA is using it in their map pool so yes I expect it to be there without question.

They're just saying that because of the lack of technical difficulties and the delays. (Only game delayed was the first map on Friday by an hour but other than that it's been good.)

I think people are just hyped because of the upsets we got to see but the tournament has been meh..

Rivitur

Banned
small bet on dig :)
Get out of my head Charles! What's they prize for 4th place of there is one?
I ask because maybe all the motivation has been sucked out of Fnatic since they were the team with everything to lose and of course they lost. Dignitas coming in had higher expectations and ended up right where they have been all of 2014 fizzling out in the semis. (At least this time they fought back in the semis and put up a very good effort.)

frbrr

Yes, the part where people are actually enjoying this tournament.

huh? I'm really enjoying the games, but that's another thing entirely and completely out of their control.

I don't see what they've added or perfected that makes this the new benchmark.

Rivitur

Banned
Oh. I didn't know they had an app. I guess I should have looked. Lol. Thanks! Wish I knew about this yesterday. The web mobile was frustrating.
Haha yeah i absolutely hated trying to watch the qualifiers on mobile. It would just crash my dolphin browser. Then someone told me they had an app called MLG.TV and now I'm landing 180° noscope and getting all sorts of vaginal sex. Thanks MLG!

Seriously tho the app is way better than the site and IDK if anyone has noticed, but you know 3rd parties are streaming this on twitch right?

Why does MLG run EVERY tournament so fucking weird.

3rd place match and not a double elim top 4?
I'm not familiar with any of tbier other tournaments but do they always have this format?
At least I can wait for clutchcon since they have winners and loser brackets.(the best type of brackets)

Rivitur

Banned
What is smurfing in csgo?
Say you're a high rank and your friends are a lower rank than you, but you really want to have fun with them without destroying your rank. So what you do is buy another copy of CSGO on another account. So now even though you're a high level on the first account this one you are purposely going to lose or just play for fun in order to play with your friends. So what ends up happening is you're really good at cs but don't want to show it much so you end up playing against terrible competition and you own them all because even though your rank doesn't show it your skill set is Global Elite and then you throw every other game to make sure you stay where you are.

Summary: Person with two accounts because he doesn't want to lose rank on one of them.

guys this game is really hard.

help
How may we be of assistance?

soultron

Banned
Devil's advocate in favour of smurfing is that you don't want to bring your unranked friends into a game against skilled players where they'll get destroyed every round.

Top Bottom