• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

MayMay

Banned
MM servers properly fucked up right now, East Coast. Was having lag the first game, then the second game the server crashed completely and I had to wait some time. Retried and the next server crashed too. Great.

Omega

Banned
Servers are having problem... AGAIN.

MM servers properly fucked up right now, East Coast. Was having lag the first game, then the second game the server crashed completely and I had to wait some time. Retried and the next server crashed too. Great.

awful servers (apparently East servers died earlier today and people were getting 1500 ping, disconnecting and not being able to reconnect thus getting bans because it's our fault Valve doesn't care about this game),

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2tvdmc/us_east_just_died/

garath

Wow. I was just about to post about how bad the servers feel today. Guess I'm not the only one.

And I finally got a chroma case. Hooray. Just a few weeks too late :(

edit: Oh. My ping is 108. Guess I'm playing on West coast servers.

impact

Banned
Sucks omega, my buddy just told me the same thing :(

People I play with dropping like flies. Thanks Valve, all that skin money and no fucks given towards fixing the game will be the downfall of the game. The greed is disgusting.

cHinzo

They really should fix the servers first in the upcoming updates, before they do anything else. It would be actually nice if people could play the game. :d
No problems here though in EU.

K.Sabot

My saving grace for this game is that I spent the last 10 years of CS before CSGO playing every mode but classic competitive. So if I ever get tired of shitty comp 64 tick, I can always go back to:

• warcraft mod
  • kz
  • zombie escape mod
  • minigame / death race
  • god forbid I could go play jailbreak
  • surfing
  • dumb, fun non competitive maps
  • grenade dodgeball
  • gungame
like I was playing for the last decade.

cHinzo

My saving grace for this game is that I spent the last 10 years of CS before CSGO playing every mode but classic competitive. So if I ever get tired of shitty comp 64 tick, I can always go back to:

• warcraft mod
  • kz
  • zombie escape mod
  • minigame / death race
  • god forbid I could go play jailbreak
  • surfing
  • dumb, fun non competitive maps
  • grenade dodgeball
  • gungame
like I was playing for the last decade.

I played Dust2 for like 6~7 years on the same server on 1.6. Never grew tired of it and it was a 30 players server too. xD AWPs and flashes were disabled and it was just pure fun, playing with the same friendly people. Other than that I played knife servers. Those were really great and a fun relaxing mode with the custom knives like lightsabers, a dead fish, a hair trimmer and many other crazy stuff, each with the right sound effects. U could also roll a dice in chat to get special powers, like Rambo mode, become invisible, become a disco ball, gettin drunk etc. I miss those servers in CS:GO to have some diversity.

f0rk

They really should fix the servers first in the upcoming updates, before they do anything else. It would be actually nice if people could play the game. :d
No problems here though in EU.

It's a backend investment problem, not really something for updates.
And I haven't played in a bit but there were definitely routing problems to some parts of the EU a couple of months ago.

udiie

I feel you omega
Shit part is, west coast servers have been pretty low on bs as of late, so I've been somewhat oblivious to many problems

Anyone knows a good map to train your flick shot when you're pre aiming around a corner? I'm using a Dust 2 A site only map and just peek long over and over again... :p

Do you guys start your flick when you're still strafing or at the moment you've stopped?

garath

Anyone knows a good map to train your flick shot when you're pre aiming around a corner? I'm using a Dust 2 A site only map and just peek long over and over again... :p

Do you guys start your flick when you're still strafing or at the moment you've stopped?

If I'm understanding you correctly, no flicking if you can avoid it. Move the mouse as you are turning to keep it exactly where you anticipate the enemy to be. Adren has a good video on it. I'd link but I'm on mobile. The pre aim will always be faster and more accurate than the flick.

udiie

Yeah, try to never put yourself in the situation where you need to flick. A well pre-aimed shot will always be more effective than a badass looking flick shot.
If awping, I find it perfectly effective to prescope when I expect an enemy to show, and to even strafe while zoomed as long as you can control the shot if it presents itself

cHinzo

Doing a great flick shot is just the result of having mastered your aim imo. It's being able to hit a spot accurately by reflex. I think u guys all know that feeling when u get shocked by something happening on ur screen and u insta-give that enemy a headshot. U can't practice those. What u can do is just practice ur aim, so aiming becomes like second nature, like knowing the exact distance u need to move ur hand and mouse to hit the right spot on the screen. Being able to hit more flick shots will come with it. :d

If I'm understanding you correctly, no flicking if you can avoid it. Move the mouse as you are turning to keep it exactly where you anticipate the enemy to be. Adren has a good video on it. I'd link but I'm on mobile. The pre aim will always be faster and more accurate than the flick.
When I'm peeking a corner full speed my brain can't keep up if i stick my aim to the corner. I always miss that way. That's why I do the slower jiggle peek Steel shows in his Aim tutorial.

Doing a great flick shot is just the result of having mastered your aim imo. It's being able to hit a spot accurately by reflex. I think u guys all know that feeling when u get shocked by something happening on ur screen and u insta-give that enemy a headshot. U can't practice those. What u can do is just practice ur aim, so aiming becomes like second nature, like knowing the exact distance u need to move ur hand and mouse to hit the right spot on the screen. Being able to hit more flick shots will come with it. :d
I played with the G400s a long time which had that weird bug where moving left had a different DPI then moving right. Now my aim is just a tiny bit messed up with my new Zowie mouse , thats why I need to focus my practice purely on flickshotting. ;)

Just running around in DM isn't enough it feels like

Mokoi

Banned
Mh. Dunno if I can get used to playing stretched. Might be really weird, but I'll give it a try one of these days.
You should try it out. I only play 4:3 stretched so I can get 75hz. 60 feels choppy as fuck, and now that I'll have some extra pocket change I can get me a 144/120hz monitor soon.

My awp skillz are already bad, but I'm even worse when playing 1920. However, I find it much easier to spray/use the ak on 1920.

Sajjaja

You should try it out. I only play 4:3 stretched so I can get 75hz. 60 feels choppy as fuck, and now that I'll have some extra pocket change I can get me a 144/120hz monitor soon.

My awp skillz are already bad, but I'm even worse when playing 1920. However, I find it much easier to spray/use the ak on 1920.

Yes but you also see less in your peripheral which you have also attested to.

Omega

Banned
repost in case anyone missed it

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (0mega, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

330x192

StatTrak Galil AR | Chatterbox | BS -- MB-EB3110CDA337176C - Taken by frbrr. 47 entrants total.

t1422478144z1.png

MayMay

Banned
Jeez, playing in the last couple of days and I finally do fairly well again - because I switched up my playstyle a bit.. Took long enough.

In other news, seems like the East Coast servers might be fine again because we just played like 3-4 matches without a problem back to back.

Shadownet

Banned
Jeez, playing in the last couple of days and I finally do fairly well again - because I switched up my playstyle a bit.. Took long enough.

In other news, seems like the East Coast servers might be fine again because we just played like 3-4 matches without a problem back to back.

There were still some problems. Just not gamebreaking ones.

Xizk

Oh man those were some hard skins. SKDC got rekt on the first map against Denial which was Mirage but managed to win Nuke and Overpass.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Ok that was the last time I ever bet on these low tier NA teams. It hurt to see how fucking bad Denial was. Getting 2 entry frags on a site and still losing the round over and over again.

rip skins

Rivitur

Banned
Ok that was the last time I ever bet on these low tier NA teams. It hurt to see how fucking bad Denial was. Getting 2 entry frags on a site and still losing the round over and over again.

rip skins
I tried to warn people SKDC are on the up and up while the new denial's stock is falling...

Xizk

I tried to warn people SKDC are on the up and up while the new denial's stock is falling...

SKDC did not play well at all from what I saw. They never got any proper after-plant positions on overpass and kept losing after getting the bomb down. On mirage they ran one after another into an awp..

Barely managed to win my bet but was not worth the stress.

Rixxan

Ugh, have rattled off four wins in a row at SMFC and was just up 13-8 in a fifth when buddy on the other team started rage hacking, like legit backwards bunny hopping down mid 5King with a scout in 10 seconds rage hacking. We vote kicked each other out which was probably a dumb move but still, what a joke. Other team refused to kick him...

impact

Banned
Ugh, have rattled off four wins in a row at SMFC and was just up 13-8 in a fifth when buddy on the other team started rage hacking, like legit backwards bunny hopping down mid 5King with a scout in 10 seconds rage hacking. We vote kicked each other out which was probably a dumb move but still, what a joke. Other team refused to kick him...
Refusing to kick a hacker is just as bad as cheating imo. Expected from this community though...

CoolS

My buddy just built a new PC and got a 144Hz monitor. We played yesterday and he almost 40 bombed with the AWP on inferno. Shit was nuts, makes me want to buy a new monitor asap.,

My buddy just built a new PC and got a 144Hz monitor. We played yesterday and he almost 40 bombed with the AWP on inferno. Shit was nuts, makes me want to buy a new monitor asap.,

They are pretty nice. I bought a BenQ 27" 144hz 1ms a few weeks ago. Lovely monitor, definitely worth every penny.

Ludono

I want a proper PC gaming set up again soooo bad but until I move back to the States / have a permanent place of residence it's laptop only for me ;_;

MayMay

Banned
That match was the funniest shit that ever happened to me in the game. We had 2 derankers on the team that left after they realized that they wouldnt derank this match -- and then the whole enemy team was Silvers for some reason except one guy that they later votekicked xD

garath

I need some Rivitur insights for today's betting! You've been helping me accumulate some skins for further betting. :)

Like maybe Na'vi over dAT?

Rivitur

Banned
I need some Rivitur insights for today's betting! You've been helping me accumulate some skins for further betting. :)

Like maybe Na'vi over dAT?
Na'vi has lost to exMyXMG, mousesports, and titan this year. They looked terrible so far. I don'tthink they can beat this new DAT lineup in a BO3 right now especially when DAT have now have time to pracw together and coming off what they did to Titan.

I like the ESC > CW game because I think ESC are on another level than CW.

Underdog bet I wanted to take 3dmax over epsilon but the more I think about it the more I don't think its going to happen. They got shut down on T side by k1ck yesterday pretty easily. But the odds are nice for a low bet if you can spare the skin.

Na'vi vs x6tense is the trap game of the day just don't bet.

garath

Na'vi has lost to exMyXMG, mousesports, and titan this year. They looked terrible so far. I don'tthink they can beat this new DAT lineup in a BO3 right now especially when DAT have now have time to pracw together and coming off what they did to Titan.

I like the ESC > CW game because I think ESC are on another level than CW.

Underdog bet I wanted to take 3dmax over epsilon but the more I think about it the more I don't think its going to happen. They got shut down on T side by k1ck yesterday pretty easily. But the odds are nice for a low bet if you can spare the skin.

Na'vi vs x6tense is the trap game of the day just don't bet.

dAT has been good to me last couple days. I think I'll put a few on them. I'll probably put some on ESC too.

Too scared of the rest of the matches.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I feel like Hiko should try to get some Euro players to the US with the backing of a big organisation to form a new team with Ska and Desi.

Allu for example, he is such an amazing player but he basically has no future in Europe. There are no top tier finnish teams and no mixed teams either in Europe. If I was Allu and an american organisation offered me something like 2000$ a month with a high possibility to attend majors so basically ~50k in sticker money, I would love to go there.
Maybe even someone like Scream with the promise of a salary, higher CPM on Twitch and a bigger chance to attend a major than with Epsilon.

A team like this:
Hiko
Skadoodle
Desi
Allu
Scream
and someone like Irukandji as coach

would be way better than anything he could possibly form with available NA players.

Omega

Banned
Highly unlikely someone will move to the other side of the world to play CS. Unless they're getting TSM money it's not even worth entertaining the idea.

EliGE and roca would be two solid pick ups imo

Top Bottom