• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

ironmang

Downside of winning so much on the lounge: my lounge inventory is full so I can't bet until I return some skins. Problem being the return bots have been down since last night. :(

Highly unlikely someone will move to the other side of the world to play CS. Unless they're getting TSM money it's not even worth entertaining the idea.

EliGE and roca would be two solid pick ups imo

Didn't steel do this for a while? Played for a couple EU teams 2-3 years back.

Shadownet

Banned
That match was the funniest shit that ever happened to me in the game. We had 2 derankers on the team that left after they realized that they wouldnt derank this match -- and then the whole enemy team was Silvers for some reason except one guy that they later votekicked xD

That's dedication right there though. I mean to derank all the way down to Silver 2?

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Highly unlikely someone will move to the other side of the world to play CS. Unless they're getting TSM money it's not even worth entertaining the idea.

EliGE and roca would be two solid pick ups imo

It's not like they would be leaving their regular jobs to play a video game for less money. They already play CS for a living and would just be making a lot more money in the US.

If I was Scream and I have to choose between the following: No salary or very low salary at Epsilon (don't really know), lower chances of attending a major vs. let's assume 2000$ per month, high chances of attending majors so ~50k in sticker money and more money on Twitch because of a bigger fanbase and possibly higher CPM (assuming someone like EG is the sponsor). The choice seems pretty obvious to me. Of course I can't judge the character of these guys and if they would be willing to move to another country but personally I would love to do this.

Of course this is just under the assumption that they can get a big sponsor like EG or something who would be willing to give $2000+ in salary.

I actually asked Pyth this yesterday on Stream and he said that he would consider moving to the US if he got a good offer.

Omega

Banned
It's not like they would be leaving their regular jobs to play a video game for less money. They already play CS for a living and would just be making a lot more money in the US.

If I was Scream and I have to choose between the following: No salary or very low salary at Epsilon (don't really know), lower chances of attending a major vs. let's assume 2000$ per month, high chances of attending majors so ~50k in sticker money and more money on Twitch because of a bigger fanbase and possibly higher CPM (assuming someone like EG is the sponsor). The choice seems pretty obvious to me. Of course I can't judge the character of these guys and if they would be willing to move to another country but personally I would love to do this.

Of course this is just under the assumption that they can get a big sponsor like EG or something who would be willing to give $2000+ in salary.

I actually asked Pyth this yesterday on Stream and he said that he would consider moving to the US if he got a good offer.

Maybe, but I feel like a lot of people would be hesitant about leaving friends and family behind just for the opportunity to lose in group stages.

Some people can easily do that, others can't.

Rivitur

Banned
OMG THANKS FOR SKINS MAYHEM

I really do like them.
KC48zVS.jpg

3d max! Come on one more!

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I was thinking about going for 3DMAX but instead I bet on ESC, fuck this shit.

ironmang

Any predictions for eLevate vs. BorealS?

Elevate are invite, boreal main.

Both have similar records (0-3 elevate, 1-3 boreal) except elevate were in all of their matches (19-16, 16-14, 16-4) with one of those being against c9.

Plus it's a bo3.

I'm surprised odds aren't in the 90-10 range tbh.

edit: this is esea. havent checked cevo but this seems pretty clear.
edit2: on cevo elevate has wins against c9, denial, and mythic

Reven

Elevate are invite, boreal main.

Both have similar records (0-3 elevate, 1-3 boreal) except elevate were in all of their matches (19-16, 16-14, 16-4) with one of those being against c9.

Plus it's a bo3.

I'm surprised odds aren't in the 90-10 range tbh.

edit: this is esea. havent checked cevo but this seems pretty clear.
edit2: on cevo elevate has wins against c9, denial, and mythic

Thanks for the analysis. I think i'll do a small bet on elevate.

udiie

Anyone else freaked out a little by this whole bots offline for over 24 hours deal? If valve bans all the bots and our skins get trapped im gonna lose my balls

Shadownet

Banned
New Update
GAMEPLAY
Adjusted the radius at which incendiary and smoke grenades interact.

UI
Loading screens will now display the icons for maps that have item collections associated with them
In Spectator Mode, Scoreboard and Server Graphic will now obey hud scale and position settings.
Fixed New Items alert showing incorrect number of items up when coming back to main menu from a match

MISC
Added server convar tv_allow_camera_man_steamid that should be set on tournament servers to the full 64-bit numeric SteamID of production caster (e.g. 7650123456XXXX). Tournament production casters who launch the game with the "-interactivecaster" command line flag and join the in-game spectators will get all camera and voice recorded and broadcast on GOTV.
Upgraded runtime libraries to use the latest Steam SDK.
Fixed a frequent crash during map loading while the game was minimized.
Various weapon CPU optimizations.
Added flavor text to Chroma Case weapons.

MAPS
Mirage
Fixed a bug where a boosted player in T spawn could peek into mid/CT sniper position.
Moved a prop to make peeking into palace easier, CT side.
Removed a strange boost in bombsite A.

Nuke
Fixed a bug where an incendiary grenade could explode on bombsite B ceiling beams and damage players in A site.

Overpass
Rerouted entrance into upper park from bombsite A.
Changed mid cover in bombsite A, corners can now be shot through with rifles.
Changed cover in T side of upper park.
Moved T spawns forward slightly.
Moved bombsite A plant zone up slightly.

ironmang

A seems like a nightmare to hold now. Going to require a ton of teamwork between the guy watching long and the one watching bathroom.

Glad my team got done with this map yesterday lol

jambo

"Adjusted the radius at which incendiary and smoke grenades interact."

Finally!

Also the changes to Overpass look good.

Reven

One of eLevates players just missed out on a 40bomb by 2 frags on the first map. So far its looking like they were a safe bet.

Top Bottom