• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

ironmang

I mean they didn't even try to hide the fact that they didn't give a shit about the match. Steel awping and buying pistols when they could afford rifles. So I'm not so sure they knew the consequences of their actions.

I hope you're right about new players replacing them. It will take longer than you think though. I'd be surprised if an NA team makes it past groups at any of the majors this year. You can quote me on that.

NA teams struggling in groups before this. Especially IBP who haven't even made it out of groups in any of the majors.

ex-Mythic left NCG

they just got picked up like what, a week ago? lol

This shit requires some Global Elite level organizational skills to keep up with. Lunatik and Denial becoming entirely different teams. Same with Dignitas just today. There's very little stability left once you get past c9, NiP, VP, and fnatic.

cresto

FXiY96k.png

Whoops

ironmang

i think the more accurate statement would be an NA team even making it to groups for a major.

The way qualifiers work there will always be NA teams at majors. IBP was getting crushed every time so it might be a good thing if someone new got a shot.

Omega

Banned
The way qualifiers work there will always be NA teams at majors. IBP was getting crushed every time so it might be a good thing if someone new got a shot.

adreN posted on twitter earlier about how the winner of the NA qualifier has to go to EU to qualify for ESL.

i assumed that meant they were doing things a little differently now

ironmang

adreN posted on twitter earlier about how the winner of the NA qualifier has to go to EU to qualify for ESL.

i assumed that meant they were doing things a little differently now

That seems like a pretty poor decision. I really think there should be at least 1 automatic bid from NA and SA with potential extra bids up for grabs in a worldwide qualifier. Or they should expand past 16 teams. Pretty huge market in NA that they wouldn't want to lose some interest in if a couple NA teams choke in EU qualifiers.

Just lost a game on nuke where this guy gives the bot the bomb and lets him plant alone while the team is outside. And I died while rushing to get the bomb from the bot.
So bad

cHinzo

That seems like a pretty poor decision. I really think there should be at least 1 automatic bid from NA and SA with potential extra bids up for grabs in a worldwide qualifier. Or they should expand past 16 teams. Pretty huge market in NA that they wouldn't want to lose some interest in if a couple NA teams choke in EU qualifiers.
I just want to see the best teams play. Not a team who's attending a major, just because of their popularity... Watching teams getting stomped is boring as fck.

Omega

Banned
Why let some people slide while others get the hammer? Doesn't seem fair to me.

that stuff requires Valve to actually do work which isn't going to happen. Richard Lewis pretty much did all the legwork on this situation.

People were defending IBP even after his article, now people are pretending they knew all along and it was super obvious and are on a witchhunt finding questionable plays from other upsets.

People are calling for Skadoodle to get banned because he made some dumb decisions during that match. So even after Valve's "investigation" it's still not good enough. There needs to be more drama! Maybe he wanted no part of the throw and just didn't give 100%. I doubt it's just me but when I know my team is going to lose I tend to not give a fuck because unless you have hacks it's impossible to ace every round.

Xizk

that stuff requires Valve to actually do work which isn't going to happen. Richard Lewis pretty much did all the legwork on this situation.

People were defending IBP even after his article, now people are pretending they knew all along and it was super obvious and are on a witchhunt finding questionable plays from other upsets.

People are calling for Skadoodle to get banned because he made some dumb decisions during that match. So even after Valve's "investigation" it's still not good enough. There needs to be more drama! Maybe he wanted no part of the throw and just didn't give 100%. I doubt it's just me but when I know my team is going to lose I tend to not give a fuck because unless you have hacks it's impossible to ace every round.

They should at least punish other match fixers and fine Smithzz for playing under a different person's account in an official game. Doubt anything will be done though.

Omikron

so, to change the tone, The Flying V vs Winout.

Map is overpass, thinking Winout as I watched Flying V yesterday play Animosity and it wasn't that impressive.

ironmang

I just want to see the best teams play. Not a team who's attending a major, just because of their popularity... Watching teams getting stomped is boring as fck.

Well, I want it continue to grow. I'd love if a team like kabum got to go to a major after they beat 100s of teams to qualify like they did for MLG. If they want to make sure a lot of good teams are there then they can always expand it like I said. Should be guaranteed regional qualifiers.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
It seems like Dazed and Casey Foster were the masterminds so to speak and orchestrated the whole thing and benefited the most and according to m0e probably made tens of thousands of dollars from it.

In that case I believe the ban is completely justified for them but I really don't think you can throw Swag, Steel and AZK in the same pot with them.
Especially when there weren't even any rules and regulations set in place.

So I still think that a 1 year ban for Swag, Steel and AZK would be more than enough.

Also lol at m0e already questioning his move to mlg.

soultron

Banned
And what's this about Smithzzz playing for his girlfriend? Did I miss something?

He played for Epsilon's female team (when they were playing against an all-male team, can't remember who) on his GF's account, leading to one of the players on that team quitting when she found out. She didn't want to win rounds like that.

EDIT: Rivitur corrected the team.

Rivitur

Banned
He played for MyXMG.fe (when they were playing against an all-male team, can't remember who) on his GF's account, leading to one of the players on that team quitting when she found out. She didn't want to win rounds like that.
Gina's a skank anyways...

Btw it was Fe. Epsilon vs Overgaming

Ludono

He played for MyXMG.fe (when they were playing against an all-male team, can't remember who) on his GF's account, leading to one of the players on that team quitting when she found out. She didn't want to win rounds like that.

Why does gender matter in a fucking videogame?

soultron

Banned
Gina's a skank anyways...

Nobody was asking about that, but nice try!

Why does gender matter in a fucking videogame?

Aside from the issue of gender (they were playing male vs female team, which is awesome!) but it's a huge disrespect to everyone else in the game to pretend you're playing when a top-level pro player is actually subbing in for you.

It's disrespectful to your opponents. You're lying.
It's disrespectful to your team because it's like you're implying nobody is good enough so they need to sub in a ringer.

Ludono

Nobody was asking about that, but nice try!

Aside from the issue of gender (they were playing male vs female team, which is awesome!) but it's a huge disrespect to everyone else in the game to pretend you're playing when a top-level pro player is actually subbing in for you.

It's disrespectful to your opponents. You're lying.
It's disrespectful to your team because it's like you're implying nobody is good enough so they need to sub in a ringer.

Ah, yeah I get that. Wish we had more female top level pro players though. Also, how did her team not notice (wasn't he on team chat or whatnot?)

Omega

Banned
: 3

Wait why didn't skadoodle get banned? He must have knew about the fixing right?

looks like you'll get what you asked for

DaZeD in a remarkable turn of events has gone from outright denying this to admitting he did it and will post legitimate proof.

I'm assuming he's going to make up some shit about Skadoodle and the other players on both teams that weren't banned.

impact

Banned
I'm gonna try this 1440x1080 when I get out of work. Seems like all the positives of 4:3 but with 1080p clarity.

Funny I've been playing for 1k hours and still change res all the time.

CoolS

I'm gonna try this 1440x1080 when I get out of work. Seems like all the positives of 4:3 but with 1080p clarity.

Funny I've been playing for 1k hours and still change res all the time.

Sorry for my ignorance but what are the positives of 4:3?

And wow @ Valve actually releasing a statement. I'm really happy about this, even if this means a lot of talent being lost in NA. This shit can't be tolerated under any circumstances. And no, there being no rules or anything about it doesn't make a difference. If you call yourself a pro, and like the statement said, an ambassador of the scene and esport to which a lot of people look up to, you cannot do stuff like throwing.

Looking forward to what drama dazed's statement will bring and if he will try to take people down with him.

ChrisW

I think that the punishment is due, but I think it's slightly unfair also. As other have said there are no rules set out by Valve stating the punishments for match throwing or cheating apart from VAC bans.

I think if there was some rules set out then it might have been less likely to happen.

But they cheated and so...I guess it's w/e Valve see fit

CoolS

It's undeniable that Valve and the leagues didn't keep up with betting to establish rules for these kind of situations.

However, if these pros just assumed nothing can and will happen, that's just plain stupid of them imo.

impact

Banned

Skadoodle playing with these shitties lol

I hope a new team gets made so we can at least have one chance at winning something. Something with Ska, Hiko, nitr0 and shroud but I dunno who the hell would call. NA had one good IGL and now he's well... RIP

Sorry for my ignorance but what are the positives of 4:3?

And wow @ Valve actually releasing a statement. I'm really happy about this, even if this means a lot of talent being lost in NA. This shit can't be tolerated under any circumstances. And no, there being no rules or anything about it doesn't make a difference. If you call yourself a pro, and like the statement said, an ambassador of the scene and esport to which a lot of people look up to, you cannot do stuff like throwing.

Looking forward to what drama dazed's statement will bring and if he will try to take people down with him.
Bigger models, less fov (yea this is a positive to me, more focus on what matters), upper advantage in pixel peeks due to stretch

I'm of course talking 4:3 stretched. I have no fucking clue why anyone would use black bars in 201X, it's literally pointless.

CoolS

Bigger models, less fov (yea this is a positive to me, more focus on what matters), upper advantage in pixel peeks due to stretch

I'm of course talking 4:3 stretched. I have no fucking clue why anyone would use black bars in 201X, it's literally pointless.

Mh. Dunno if I can get used to playing stretched. Might be really weird, but I'll give it a try one of these days.

impact

Banned
Mh. Dunno if I can get used to playing stretched. Might be really weird, but I'll give it a try one of these days.

It is really weird to get used to, but a lot of pros are using it these days. I switched over a year ago so the sensitivity thing doesn't both me.

I just wish I didn't get such crap fps on every res. Game feels so choppy for me ever since these past few updates. Every time they add stuff to the game my avg fps drops by 10

Yea first world problems but it's just jarring dropping from 300fps to 190 for no reason, then back up to 300

Rixxan

Since I reinstalled I've been playing at 1080, but I feel like my rifle game has been struggling and my aim is weak, maybe tonight I'll experiment with some 4:3 stretched

impact

Banned
Just did this right now pretty quick but

1440x1080 4:3 (I can't stretch it on your monitor, but visualize that stretched)

1920x1080

That shows the main difference pretty well. Obviously that angle is dumb and not realistic to play in a match but I've had a couple instances where someone on my team in 16:9 called something out I wouldn't have seen. Very rare to happen though if your crosshair placement is on point. I'm liking this 1440x1080 res though, it definitely is a step up in clarity from the standard 1280x960 stretched. You have to create a custom resolution in your video card settings though. This whole time I wanted 1080p with the fov of 4:3 stretched but this seems like it'll do just fine!

e: is one of you guys Wind2K.wonderchild on steam? I'm so scared of accepting friend requests :|

CoolS

This whole thing is hilarious. So many people definding ex-iBP because Valve didn't establish themselves and set specific rules against this kind of thing, so the players should only be mildly punished. If they did that, throws would continue like that, because why not make a quick 20 grand if it only gets you banned for a year or so.

This is a great precedent set by Valve and in the end will probably help CS grow as an eSport, with more and more rules hopefully being established to regulate these kind of things. Sucks for the ex-iBP guys that they are the first one that are hit by it, but they knew what they were doing was wrong, so they have to deal with it now.

Top Bottom