• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Rivitur

Banned
Too bad gaf matches are dead, we could try the new overpass.
You speak lies! I was looking foward to playibg with you guiese and possibly gals. Give me a month and I'll whip you young whiffle snappers into shape.(in b4 2-22)
Matches 2mrw I don't know the teams at all but..

Aces > eyes
M5> check 6 (might be close)
DAT> na'vi (2-1)
Gplay>Elysium (only one I'm sure of)
ination > nextplz

impact

Banned
GAF matches without Omega just won't feel right.

and in my case, they won't exist! Omega was the only one who ever invited me to anything.

I still have him on Steam and talked with him today but this thread won't be the same without him. Great guy!

Mokoi

Banned
I am still down to have gaf games. 128 tick, and no lag!
I still got lag. XD

It's kind of a bummer not being able to play as much as I used to.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Mythic>Denial?

I went all in on Mythic.

I told myself not to bet on these low tier NA games again but I need to get my skins back after losing everything on Denial yesterday and ESC today.

Xizk

I went all in on Mythic.

I told myself not to bet on these low tier NA games again but I need to get my skins back after losing everything on Denial yesterday and ESC today.

Rage bets are never a good idea. Hope you win though. I put in an ICB on mythic as they've been looking good lately. It's the new overpass so no one knows how to play it yet.

ironmang

I went all in on Mythic.

Not a good time to all in but I do think Mythic will take it. Anger and sometimes fl0m are just on a whole different tier than the rest of these guys.

I am still down to have gaf games. 128 tick, and no lag!
I still got lag. XD

It's kind of a bummer not being able to play as much as I used to.
I was a bit glad earlier in January because I was getting a little burned out on CS:GO. I'm missing it now but my semester is killing me, I have way too much to do.

MayMay

Banned
fyi but Omegas server is gonna be up until the 9th.

The old Gaf server is still up though, not sure when (if ever) that one runs out.

cresto

so I had a legit game tonight and almost dropped a 40 bomb. Can anyone help make a quick vid of the last round? I clutched it 1v4 ftw.

87DC5CB05894A76FCB7E89C794A1A02EF5C873F6

how do i send demos to ppl? im such a newb. It was some pretty sexy cs, so someone help me out plz :D

So I just bought the Vanguard pack (which apparently expires in like 2 weeks? It's unclear) and immediately I am unable to complete missions. I selected the "Get kills with bonus weapons" mission and played a number of full games, on Vanguard maps, getting kills with bonus weapons against human opponents. The remaining points count will not drop below 72. What gives? I'm doing everything the game has told me to do and it's simply not working. Yay for non functional paid content!

impact

Banned
I just finished 2 matchmakings in 10 minutes, WOW SO FAST VALVE.

Yea someone left both matches because of lag. This game is such a fucking joke :lol I can't believe Valve is so praised on here and reddit.

edit: and deranked from SMFC because of it

CoolS

I just finished 2 matchmakings in 10 minutes, WOW SO FAST VALVE.

Yea someone left both matches because of lag. This game is such a fucking joke :lol I can't believe Valve is so praised on here and reddit.

edit: and deranked from SMFC because of it

I love the game and the new update. And servers are great in EU. They really should do something to fix your US servers though.

curlycare

how do i send demos to ppl? im such a newb. It was some pretty sexy cs, so someone help me out plz :D
Press that "copy link button" at the bottom of the match score list and share it. Should be rewatchable to anyone with cs:go. Someone can correct if I'm wrong
which I probably am :D
So were the smoke and molotov radiuses increased or decreased?

impact

Banned
Press that "copy link button" at the bottom of the match score list and share it. Should be rewatchable to anyone with cs:go. Someone can correct if I'm wrong
which I probably am :D
So were the smoke and molotov radiuses increased or decreased?

they just fixed the bug where a molotov wouldn't work even if there was a smoke above it

udiie

new mute guideline:
backseat strat callers
if im trying to listen and someone is shouting directions at me that are a bad idea/aren't true, that someone is getting muted.

CoolS

new mute guideline:
backseat strat callers
if im trying to listen and someone is shouting directions at me that are a bad idea/aren't true, that someone is getting muted.

That happens way to often, even with my friends. 1v2: "There was one guy on cat and one on A, go plant B" I run B and get killed from a guy on site...

Divius

To be on the other side of that is also weird. Call out to the last teammate where the enemies are and he tells me to 'shut up because he can't hear anything', and then at a same scenario later in the game I don't talk and he says 'WHY DONT YOU GIVE INFO YOU RETARD'.

CoolS

To be on the other side of that is also weird. Call out to the last teammate where the enemies are and he tells me to 'shut up because he can't hear anything', and then at a same scenario later in the game I don't talk and he says 'WHY DONT YOU GIVE INFO YOU RETARD'.

Normally, I call out my last reliable information and then I try to shut up, unless somebody actually asks about something, or if he did'nt see an enemy whic I spotted from his view.
Though with friends, it can get quite hectic sometimes.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played in months but I just recently started playing a bit of casual for fun and I've noticed I get put with Russian players a lot, and often they're very laggy and hard to hit. I'm sitting at 40ms which is OK, but I seem to get put with high pingers very often. I have blocked all servers apart from EU West using CS server picker but it hasn't helped. Has something happened when I've been away or is there another reason for this? WTB UK server.

CoolS

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

USP-S | Guardian (Factory New) -- MB-95320AA5E6540A9C - Taken by cresto. 6 entrants total.

360fx360f

t1422544812z1.png

Doing a small giveaway, since I'm not betting a lot at the moment anyway. I'd like it to go to someone who will actually use the skin.

I haven't played in months but I just recently started playing a bit of casual for fun and I've noticed I get put with Russian players a lot, and often they're very laggy and hard to hit. I'm sitting at 40ms which is OK, but I seem to get put with high pingers very often. I have blocked all servers apart from EU West using CS server picker but it hasn't helped. Has something happened when I've been away or is there another reason for this? WTB UK server.

Does the server picker even work for casual. It's probably because of the casual servers being different from MM servers. Something about being able to join there at any moment or so.

curlycare

Same thing happening for me. It started a month or two ago. Before that I was playing with fellow finnishmen, but now it's all russians.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does the server picker even work for casual. It's probably because of the casual servers being different from MM servers. Something about being able to join there at any moment or so.

Not sure actually. It's just getting frustrating shooting a guy 10x in the head and him not die, then you check his ping and it's 250 and all becomes clear.

Overdoziz

Banned
rafters isn't really the problem imo. There should be other ways to change it for the better.
I feel like it's one of the biggest problems. Makes A bombsite incredibly easy to defend as T players have to look at an insane amount of spots when they come into the room. Change either that or make it so CT can't rotate instantly as they can right now.

cHinzo

Dust2 really is the most balanced map. I wonder how CT sided the new train is. Guess there isn't enough data for it. Maybe when u don't need the Vanguard pass to play it there will.

Btw am I stupid to go for Na'Vi today?

Edit: St3v3 ur avatar is amazing. :d

Wunder

Dust2 really is the most balanced map. I wonder how CT sided the new train is. Guess there isn't enough data for it. Maybe when u don't need the Vanguard pass to play it there will.

Btw am I stupid to go for Na'Vi today?

Edit: St3v3 ur avatar is amazing. :d

dont need a vanguard pass to play any maps

soultron

Banned
New Train seems pretty even, from what I've played. It helps that A doesn't have a thousand spots to check and the entrance from T main/mid has cover now.

Wunder

Wut, isn't the new train an Operation map? Did they remove that requirement of needing an operation pass to play those maps?

Yeah it is, I'm pretty sure you don't need to actually buy a pass to play any operation maps anymore. They changed it with Breakout I think. Buying a pass gets you access to the operation-specific case, the journal and now the missions

CoolS

Yeah it is, I'm pretty sure you don't need to actually buy a pass to play any operation maps anymore. They changed it with Breakout I think. Buying a pass gets you access to the operation-specific case, the journal and now the missions

This. Operation maps are available for everyone since breakout.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, the pass is paying money to spend more money, at this point. You can still have a great time in CSGO, on the new maps, without spending a penny. Also, you can play any workshop maps on servers that run them, anyway.
Seaside and Agency, I miss you.

Top Bottom