• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Rivitur

Banned
Everyone must be a scrub then because recoil control wasn't even a thing in that version of CS:GO. Even on PC.
How dare you mock the superior console csgo race! When have tournaments still can you believe that shit!? And recoil is controllable and there on consoles I assure you.

As for ASUS I'm in school right now I'll see the matches when I get home.
Should have took this info to heart. Lost out on my bet on GPlay vs. Ination.
The mans a god really. Always carrying his team, him and NENO.( to bad they kicked him out)

udiie

from gmx's facebook
Robin "GMX" Stahmer

Hello everyone !
First of all, i'd like to say this was my last time in a competitive team on CS for me.
I know a lot of you criticed me the past few weeks, i've been really bad, i felt a lot of pressure during the online games. I didn't feel really confortable in with my mates, mainly because of fxy0 who has a special attitude (for not saying toxic).
I raged a lot because of him in game, otherwise i never had trouble with any other of my team mates (scream/uzzzi).
Why did they kick me ?
During the game against 3DMAX, which we lost, fxy0 raged a lot at the ennd of mirage saying stuff like "we shouldn't have lose etc ..."
Very kiddish stuff, so i was kind of pissed , as the rest of the team were.
And also because me & fxyo can't play together anymore, our both attittude don't fit. Outside the game there are no problems but inside its like an hell for the whole team.
I understand the fact they kicked me, but tonight before i got kicked we had a meeting when uzzzi said me that he want to kick me or fxyo, or leave the team.
He knew Katowice's qualification was impportant for me and said he would let me play it if i want to ... but it seems like his words has been forgot by himself 2 hours later.
I won't wish them good luck (yes i know who the fuck give a shit about what i'm saying).
But i donn't think they will succed whoever they ppick in the CS:GO competitive scene. Maybe if fxyo change
wait & see

Rivitur

Banned
Yeah fxy0 is just there for his skill and nothing more. They got rid of him once and realized they just couldn't make it without a good awper and they needed him to qualify. I expect area to get tired of Fxy0 pretty fast.

Also funny thing is Fxy0 was one of the big reasons they lost to 3dmax. He was missing shots and doing dumb shit like pushing when he had no reason to. He kept putting them in positions where if he dies there is no one to refrag.

Alright... Asus ROG

Hr>Penta (50/50)
Everything else isn't worth a bet.

Only possible upset would be 3dmax vs titan but that would require some awesome play from everyone on 3dmax and that just never happens. They usually have 2-3 ppl doing all the fraging and not everyone going crazy.

Clutch con is interesting however.
Liquid>SKDC (this one will finish a not closer)
C9 odds are good over liquid but I'll take liquid to upset them.
Fnatic>CLG
Kabum odds are fucking great @ 59% over elevate. Shit isn't going to be close.
And torque is a great bet as well over mythic at those odds.

Rixxan

pretty concerning response here though, in the snowballs chance in hell that valve decides to make a concerted effort all of a sudden to prevent hacking, is it even viable?

IDC if your argument is that new hacks always come out, it's because Valve coded their game so horribly and made everything client sided and easily accessible to abuse

Aimbots (and to a slightly smaller extent wallhacks) are practically impossible to "block" by engine design. If a human player can see and shoot at an enemy, then so can an aimbot. At the end of the day as long as the game is rendered locally on the player's computer, it will be reasonably trivial to programmatically detect the position of enemies and point the crosshair at their heads.

Wallhacks can be deterred by engine design, by eg. not sending players information they're not supposed to know, ie. positions of enemies behind walls.

However, the limitations of this approach are pretty obvious when you consider a scenario where an enemy suddenly comes into view from behind a wall: there would be a non-negligible delay to their appearance. You could overcome this by eg. sending the location of players that are soon about to come into view, but that way wallhackers would still get their early warning.

The most practical way is traditional anticheats, but they are by nature a cat and mouse game and will never filter out every single cheat. As everyone probably knows VAC is doing a less than stellar job at this, and its efficiency is further hindered by the fact that people can just buy new accounts for $3 or someshit off of Steam sales and cdkey resellers of various legitimacy.

Anyway, I doubt the ESEA anticheat for instance would fare significantly better if it was as high-profile (in terms of number of users) as VAC is. While I'm sure it's technically somewhat better, a lot of its effectiveness is also because it's used by an unofficial third-party league that requires a monthly subscription fee, whereas VAC is used by virtually everyone who plays CS:GO.

TL;DR: I agree, just played a match versus the most obvious waller I've seen in a month (and won anyway because the rest of his team was fucking garbage), and it wasn't a particularly fun experience. Matchmaking in general is garbo.

Ludono

What is he doing?

He's drunk and skyping random female twitch streamers and now hes getting into Hearthstone LOL

This shit is hilarious

cMmb.jpg

udiie

he wasnt really doing anything wrong on his stream, but the chat was posting some seriously questionable material lol

impact

Banned
How dare you mock the superior console csgo race! When have tournaments still can you believe that shit!? And recoil is controllable and there on consoles I assure you.

Nope. CSGO had random recoil patterns when it came out. You can't control what is random

I decided to barrel through what was left of the non-Competitive missions (I am not playing Comp on this laptop) and I have to play a lot of Mirage.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I hope the odds for Fnatic over CLG and Mythic over Ubinited stay roughly the same, should be rather save games.

If everything goes to plan I'll probably bet on Piter (SPB), Nip, Fnatic and Mythic today.

Well I finished my 100 kills with FAMAS mission and dropped a Factory New UMP Blaze.

Apparently the Minimal Wear one is worth $3+ more on the market. I don't get CSGO cosmetics.

EDIT: Apparently the Deagle's Blaze skin has a similar thing (except MW is $17 more than FN)?

Xizk

Yeah fxy0 is just there for his skill and nothing more. They got rid of him once and realized they just couldn't make it without a good awper and they needed him to qualify. I expect area to get tired of Fxy0 pretty fast.

Also funny thing is Fxy0 was one of the big reasons they lost to 3dmax. He was missing shots and doing dumb shit like pushing when he had no reason to. He kept putting them in positions where if he dies there is no one to refrag.

Alright... Asus ROG

Hr>Penta (50/50)
Everything else isn't worth a bet.

Only possible upset would be 3dmax vs titan but that would require some awesome play from everyone on 3dmax and that just never happens. They usually have 2-3 ppl doing all the fraging and not everyone going crazy.

Clutch con is interesting however.
Liquid>SKDC (this one will finish a not closer)
C9 odds are good over liquid but I'll take liquid to upset them.
Fnatic>CLG
Kabum odds are fucking great @ 59% over elevate. Shit isn't going to be close.
And torque is a great bet as well over mythic at those odds.

Liquid looks like they will play without their caller Daps so take this into account. Warden will play instead. I would favor Mythic over the mix that is Torqued.

Rivitur

Banned
Liquid looks like they will play without their caller Daps so take this into account. Warden will play instead. I would favor Mythic over the mix that is Torqued.
Oh crap yeah I forgot warden was playing.... I still think they have a high chance to upset.

I personally would take the Torqued line up with skadoodle standing in.
Nope. CSGO had random recoil patterns when it came out. You can't control what is random
This might be but the bullet night is usually the same whether its left or right in a spray. So after the 6-8th bullet on the ak that's usually the lowest you have to hold down the stick and move a bit to the left and then after 3-4 shots a bit to the right.

soultron

Banned
I've finally come to the realization that opening cases isn't worth it, at all, anymore. You spend roughly $3-4 in my currency to open a case (if you buy the case and key). Most purples barely break 2 dollars. I got a Desert Eagle Naga (purple) last night and it's worth <$2. It cost me over $4 to get it because I stupidly bought the case and key.

I think I'm officially done opening cases. I'm going to sell shit when ops start, like whatever drops or cases I get, so I make money there, but fuck opening anything from now on. I'd rather just sell items to use that money toward the skin I actually want, or continue stocking those funds into keys so I can eventually trade for a knife.

KingKong

I've finally come to the realization that opening cases isn't worth it, at all, anymore. You spend roughly $3-4 in my currency to open a case (if you buy the case and key). Most purples barely break 2 dollars. I got a Desert Eagle Naga (purple) last night and it's worth <$2. It cost me over $4 to get it because I stupidly bought the case and key.

I think I'm officially done opening cases. I'm going to sell shit when ops start, like whatever drops or cases I get, so I make money there, but fuck opening anything from now on. I'd rather just sell items to use that money toward the skin I actually want, or continue stocking those funds into keys so I can eventually trade for a knife.

but what if the next case you open has a 100% pink stattrek karambit fade

soultron

Banned
but what if the next case you open has a 100% pink stattrek karambit fade

I think with all of the combined profit I've made from selling my drops, I could've afforded a decent knife by now. I've got >$30 of keys in my inventory already, along with maybe $60-worth of skins (M4 Asiimov, G18 Water Elemental, etc.).

I don't feel like dropping money into opening cases anymore.

Overdoziz

Banned
I think with all of the combined profit I've made from selling my drops, I could've afforded a decent knife by now. I've got >$30 of keys in my inventory already, along with maybe $60-worth of skins (M4 Asiimov, G18 Water Elemental, etc.).

I don't feel like dropping money into opening cases anymore.

but what if the next case you open has two 100% pink stattrek karambit fades

Clydefrog

we all want to know, though.... how much $$$ did you spend before you realized opening cases was bullshit?

lol my friends and I were having a mass case opening session when we realized this inescapable truth. I dumped $15 of Steam wallet into it, which isn't a whole lot, but I do regret it.

Reality man. I learned this a few operations ago when lecturing my dad on his lottery ticket habit. I realized CSGO keys cost more, have worse odds and much shittier returns. I don't know nor do I want to know how many cases I've opened but I can count the purples I've gotten on one hand and only two items were ever worth over 10 dollars. The rest was literally 15 cent and under skins. I just started just buying the skins I wanted outright.

Rivitur

Banned
Yup. $70 of skins gonzo.
Damn 0.o don t ever bet that much on a 50/50 game m8. How do you think poor odah went broke...

Also I kinda feel responsible because I woke up later and kinda didn't get to say the PENTA had beaten HR and I would have taken the PRTA bet after some thought. I was waiting for HR to go higher on odds but fell asleep and woke up 5 min into the game.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
When I buy an item of the market, can I trade it right away or do I have to wait 7 days? I'm not quite sure if that rule is already in place or not yet.

Top Bottom