• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

cHinzo

At least their game is supported by Valve

At least you can play Dota without being 90% sure your 45 minute MM is gonna be a waste of time because of cheaters and griefers.

That's because most of the stuff in MOBAs are handled server side, unlike an FPS like Counter-Strike. It would have a lot more registration issues and other shit to whine about.

Stump said ModBot is down due to host server issues.

Alright, let's just wait till it's fixed then. Thanks for the info! :D

impact

Banned
The registry is already awful in CSGO though...

We get all the bad shit and none of the good shit. They probably are using Chroma money for Dota tournaments tbh

At least their game is supported by Valve

At least you can play Dota without being 90% sure your 45 minute MM is gonna be a waste of time because of cheaters and griefers.

Haven't been following it that much lately, but people are discontent, have been for a while. It didn't have a proper update since months, plus multiple postponed events due to a promised engine upgrade which won't hit its set date. And the rest of the compendium stretch goals still haven't been delivered.

cHinzo

Welp just lost 10 bucks on nV. They are pretty weak without their oddmaps Overpass and Cobble. Having 2 weak maps in this small map pool is hurting them, really, since they can only ban one map. Their Mirage and Nuke aren't as great as their other maps. :\ Looks like the netto profit will be 50 for today.

impact

Banned
Haven't been following it that much lately, but people are discontent, have been for a while. It didn't have a proper update since months, plus multiple postponed events due to a promised engine upgrade which won't hit its set date. And the rest of the compendium stretch goals still haven't been delivered.

meh, at least they have a beta version of their game in S2 engine

we're stuck with this horrible engine where high end PCs are just as good as low end and hit boxes make no fucking sense at all.

cHinzo

we're stuck with this horrible engine where high end PCs are just as good as low end and hit boxes make no fucking sense at all.

Wait wut? I know u hate the game, but that is just some bullshit right there. :d Playing with 40~50 fps dropping to low 20s is horrible on low end PCs, trust me.

udiie

Wait wut? I know u hate the game, but that is just some bullshit right there. :d Playing with 40~50 fps dropping to low 20s is horrible on low end PCs, trust me.

eh... theres some serious fucking optimization issues. ive been complaining for the past week about how my 670 used to hit 200fps at 2560x1440 with everything maxed out, not even 8 months ago. Now im lucky if i hit 100 frames at 720p.
Something is broken.

MayMay

Banned
They don't, they just throw shit at the wall and hope it works without putting too much thought into it because well, it's CSGO and Dota makes them more money. I wish Valve would sell the CS IP to a company that was not Valve. Fuck Valve.

Pretending there'd be an actual CS community if it werent for Valve.

Lol, the Valve hate in here is comical. Like it's actually fucking hilarious.

impact

Banned
Pretending there'd be an actual CS community if it werent for Valve.

CS was better than ever before Valve started fucking shit up though? WON >>>>>>>>>> Steam

Did you start in Source or something? Valve did nothing for CS

I said PCs not toasters ;)

MayMay

Banned
Nah, I'm just talking about selling off the IP. Any other company would've long milked/f2pified/ruined the series. Valve at least tried not to

impact

Banned
Nah, I'm just talking about selling off the IP. Any other company would've long milked/f2pified/ruined the series. Valve at least tried not to

2rbZdFI.jpg

KingKong

CS was better than ever before Valve started fucking shit up though? WON >>>>>>>>>> Steam

Only because GoldSrc is a much better engine than Source, god bless you John Carmack

also there isn't a company out there that supports their games more than Valve, except maybe the heavy f2p ones and early access crap (but thats because their games aren't close to being finished)

shit look at Blizzard patch history

MayMay

Banned

If you think CSGO would've been a better game under a different company, then sorry to break it to you but that's not true. It would've been even worse.

also there isn't a company out there that supports their games more than Valve, except maybe the heavy f2p ones and early access crap (but thats because their games aren't close to being finished)

And that's one of the reasons

impact

Banned
My point was that Valve did F2Pify/scrubify/ruin CS with CS:GO

I'm not saying "x dev would have done CS:GO better" I'm saying "Valve fucked this game up and they're no better than the rest"

Valve is greedy as fuck. CS:GO is basically a F2P game that costs money ffs, and then you have the countless gameplay issues that they don't care to fix. They just get way too much credit for being the good guy when in reality they're no better than EA or Activision.

Ensirius

Deranked after two games.

One where two of my teammates left in the first half.
The second match a hacker with 40 kills cost us the match.

Fuck this game. Seriously. Instead of milking the game with seasons, fix the huge fucking issue you got with hackers ffs.

My point was that Valve did F2Pify/scrubify/ruin CS with CS:GO

I'm not saying "x dev would have done CS:GO better" I'm saying "Valve fucked this game up and they're no better than the rest"

Valve is greedy as fuck. CS:GO is basically a F2P game that costs money ffs, and then you have the countless gameplay issues that they don't care to fix. They just get way too much credit for being the good guy when in reality they're no better than EA or Activision.

The skins have helped fund the Majors and skin betting has grown the viewer base.

Wunder

yeah wish we went back to the days where ESWC and WCG was the pinnacle of esports tournaments and we were playing for $5,000 prize pools. What a life that was

impact

Banned
yeah wish we went back to the days where ESWC and WCG was the pinnacle of esports tournaments and we were playing for $5,000 prize pools. What a life that was

CS had high prize pools without any skins or Valve support. Even before the days of twitch it was getting 300-500k viewers for major tournaments.

If you guys keep defending Valve no matter what then we're never gonna move forward. The game has grown immensely since last year yet all the majors are still the same prize money. Where's all the extra money going??? Certainly not towards fixing servers or the other huge issues with the game. Certainly not towards paying quality map makers. Just straight into the rich's pockets.

Wunder

CS had high prize pools without any skins or Valve support. Even before the days of twitch it was getting 300-500k viewers for major tournaments.

If you guys keep defending Valve no matter what then we're never gonna move forward. The game has grown immensely since last year yet all the majors are still the same prize money. Where's all the extra money going??? Certainly not towards fixing servers or the other huge issues with the game. Certainly not towards paying quality map makers. Just straight into the rich's pockets.

How is posting on a video game forum filled with snark going to 'move anything forward'? If anything you're simply creating more conflict and getting people more defensive because of the attitude you and others take towards it. If you don't feel like being constructive then don't bother saying anything at all. There is literally nothing new you've contributed to this 'discussion' other than 'lol Valve what a shit company'. Go write them a fuckin' e-mail or something jesus

impact

Banned
How is posting on a video game forum filled with snark going to 'move anything forward'? If anything you're simply creating more conflict and getting people more defensive because of the attitude you and others take towards it. If you don't feel like being constructive then don't bother saying anything at all. There is literally nothing new you've contributed to this 'discussion' other than 'lol Valve what a shit company'. Go write them a fuckin' e-mail or something jesus

Oh sorry I'll stfu and yall can keep up your circle jerk pretending Valve gives a fuck. The game is great 10/10 you're right. RIP Omega, the only non-Valve lover ITT

kennyS 49 frags next BOT down 24 frags. Titan lolol

Hixx

Honestly thought Titan (well, let's be honest, KennyS) were going to end up nicking Inferno there.

Oh well, no more betting for a while.

MayMay

Banned
Oh sorry I'll stfu and yall can keep up your circle jerk pretending Valve gives a fuck. The game is great 10/10 you're right. RIP Omega, the only non-Valve lover ITT

I agree with Wunder. The shitposting adds nothing to the discussion + doesn't change a thing. No one at Valve checks this thread - so might as well shut up about it because everyone knows whats going on. And that's literally all you do - it's annoying and repetitive.

You complained about no one inviting you/playing with you except Omega - well guess why.

Might want to change your hostile attitude a bit.

Also btw, not everyone in here sucks Valves dick. Most people are fucking annoyed but just randomly shitposting isn't changing anything - it's just annoying everyone else.

Rivitur

Banned
I'll ask again how much does it cost to maintain the server?

And stop the BS or I'll put a bat to the knee caps, yes I will... I swear on mi mum.

Rivitur

Banned
Yeah I just confirmed with Omega. He paid like $11. He said you can get it for $10 from Gameserver and like $8 from nfoserver.
He told me 10$ from nfoserver lol

Question: can't you highjack a random empty server? (Used to do this on tf2 all the time.)

MayMay

Banned
We can, but then doing stuff like switching teams, pausing match, restarting etc. is gonna be a big pain (if there's no one with admin rights to do it)

ironmang

CS 1.6 never got 300-500k viewers. I used to watch CPL regularly and it'd get 20-30k if that. Don't know where you got your numbers from lol.

Prize support probably wasn't people feeling charitable either. CS could actually sell some PC parts back then. Now it's basically reduced to benq monitors.

Divius

Missed every single game yesterday except for the final. Chinzo told me it was underdog and I am quite glad I did not bet yesterday, although I would have probably broke even since I'll bite on most fnatic underdog bets. fnatic is never the underdog in a game.

The finale was so much fun to watch.

ChrisW

So it seems like there may a new scam going around, some guy randomly added me to ask if i'd be able to +1 in a tournament for his team. I asked how he found me, he said in a steam group and that he was asking random people. I pushed him for details like; Skill group, time, players names and eventually I said it was too soon and then he asked if I could put my name down as a stand-in for future games. I said "ok" cause I wanted to see what he would try. He said he wanted me to join their team chat so that I could sign up to the tournament and admins could get my details to play.

I think he was eventually going to try send me a phishing link or try something so I removed him. just watch out

Top Bottom