• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

cHinzo

So it seems like there may a new scam going around, some guy randomly added me to ask if i'd be able to +1 in a tournament for his team. I asked how he found me, he said in a steam group and that he was asking random people. I pushed him for details like; Skill group, time, players names and eventually I said it was too soon and then he asked if I could put my name down as a stand-in for future games. I said "ok" cause I wanted to see what he would try. He said he wanted me to join their team chat so that I could sign up to the tournament and admins could get my details to play.

I think he was eventually going to try send me a phishing link or try something so I removed him. just watch out
So I'm not gonna replace KennyS on Titan? :C
Thanks for the heads up though.

Styko aint playing, I'm gonna yolo on Publiclir. :"D

8411c2c5cf.jpg

I was right, another underdoge win! :D

So it seems like there may a new scam going around, some guy randomly added me to ask if i'd be able to +1 in a tournament for his team. I asked how he found me, he said in a steam group and that he was asking random people. I pushed him for details like; Skill group, time, players names and eventually I said it was too soon and then he asked if I could put my name down as a stand-in for future games. I said "ok" cause I wanted to see what he would try. He said he wanted me to join their team chat so that I could sign up to the tournament and admins could get my details to play.

I think he was eventually going to try send me a phishing link or try something so I removed him. just watch out

Yup, eventually they'll ask you to install Mumble or Teamspeak and the link they send will be a a virus or something.

CoolS

Running into a brick wall at GoldNova 4 at the moment. It either takes us ages to get into the game and we loose ebcause of that or it's a close game and it ends in a draw. Never had so many draws in my live before.

ChrisW

Yup, eventually they'll ask you to install Mumble or Teamspeak and the link they send will be a a virus or something.

I can confirm now that this is a scam, someone else just tried the same thing. I told him to bugger off before I reported him, reported him anyway :D

As someone who has only recently got into CS:GO (but was really active in Source) Can someone give me the lowdown on how to bet on matches like you guys do?

I've been lurking the thread for months but I still don't fully understand how you guys are betting skins and all that jazz

Ensirius

As someone who has only recently got into CS:GO (but was really active in Source) Can someone give me the lowdown on how to bet on matches like you guys do?

I've been lurking the thread for months but I still don't fully understand how you guys are betting skins and all that jazz

Go to csgolounge.com
Sign in through stream
Click on the match you want to bet on.
Your inventory will appear
Click on the skins you want to bet, and the team you want to bet on
Click bet
Wait for the bot to make you an offer on steam
Accept the offer

Welcome to hell.

Thanks man!

Gonna throw some expendable worthless skins down on the Liquid game tonight to get used to the whole thing, thanks for introducing me to a new addiction ;P

Rivitur

Banned
I pass the betting torch to you my son. My time has passed and its time for a new generation to fight. Be warned however that at the end of your journey there will be nothing left for you but poverty. Listen to the betting elders and don't make the same mistake I have made.

Just listen to xizk, chinzo, and Ezio.

Rixxan

just played a game with 3 cheaters on each team

turned into a proud display of hacks, who had the better ones, kid on my team went for 150 points or something, won the game by 2 rounds

ranks revealed at the end, all 6 cheaters were global

very depressing moment

i feel like i make a post like this a couple times a week, starting to legitimately sour on wanting to hit global, starting to legitimately sour on playing this game at all

it's a monumental disappointment, i cant believe valve has dropped the ball this badly

Xizk

just played a game with 3 cheaters on each team

turned into a proud display of hacks, who had the better ones, kid on my team went for 150 points or something, won the game by 2 rounds

ranks revealed at the end, all 6 cheaters were global

very depressing moment

i feel like i make a post like this a couple times a week, starting to legitimately sour on wanting to hit global, starting to legitimately sour on playing this game at all

it's a monumental disappointment, i cant believe valve has dropped the ball this badly

It's not worth playing MM at your rank. That's why every pro plays ESEA or Faceit now, since there are a lot less cheaters.

MayMay

Banned
I really don't know who I think will come out on top during the CLG - Liquid match..

It's on Overpass - and I don't know. I feel like it's gonna be really close. Closer than the odds atm.

Anyone betting on the match?

Xizk

I really don't know who I think will come out on top during the CLG - Liquid match..

It's on Overpass - and I don't know. I feel like it's gonna be really close. Closer than the odds atm.

Yeah I'm betting Liquid. As you said the odds are too low.

udiie

im skipping. too risky since liquids play has improved so much.

My patience is being heavily tested with this game. Nobody takes competitive seriously at Silver 2, and all you get is screaming idiots who don't communicate on the mic, who prefer to fight and demand you buy them AWP's.

How the hell am I meant to carry myself out of this matchmaking hellhole? I'll probably quit soon at this rate.

defel

My patience is being heavily tested with this game. Nobody takes competitive seriously at Silver 2, and all you get is screaming idiots who don't communicate on the mic, who prefer to fight and demand you buy them AWP's.

How the hell am I meant to carry myself out of this matchmaking hellhole? I'll probably quit soon at this rate.

Join a clan and start playing competitively. Just like the good old days....

MayMay

Banned

There's a whole lot of Gaffers around that rank, or Silver in general - play with them! Playing in a premade group is way less frustrating.

MayMay

Banned
Alright -- put some cheap skins on Liquid - #believe

hahahhahahaha dayz is a fucking joke
the ending turned into a wild goose chase with people running in circles

That's pretty much what combat in DayZ is like. You run in circles constantly lol

Shadownet

Banned
CLG won 16-14 after what seem like forever.

Wow...for first bet that was some absolute bullshit.

Maybe I wont get into this shit if this is what to expect.

You're going to have to expect a few DDOS and disconnect along with any other bs if you wanna start betting. This is basically the norm by now. There was a time where pretty much all NA games were getting DDOS.

cHinzo

Wow...for first bet that was some absolute bullshit.

Maybe I wont get into this shit if this is what to expect.
The top teams like Fnatic, NiP, nV and Titan are usually protected against DDoS. The Danish teams seems to have fixed most of their problems too. The east European teams and NA teams are more susceptible to DDoS, but yeah. DDoS ruins the online games in general. Nowadays u appreciate a non-DDoS'd match. Luckily most of the big tournaments are on LAN.

Sorry for the Liquid betters though. They had it in their pocket with their great T plays and winning the pistol on CT. My bet was on CLG and got lucky, I guess. :/

Top Bottom