• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

I'm no expert in trading things, or staying safe, but I'd really advise against a direct for-cash ("for-cash" as in, not selling it on the Marketplace, but doing a trade after someone sends you PayPal dollars.) sale of that knife.

I'd guess that trading down (say someone offers you 3 lesser value -- but still high value -- knives and a tonne of keys) and repeating the process, until all you have is keys, would be safe. Then try to cash out on batches of keys at a time by doing for-cash transactions/sales, at close to the price Valve charges for the keys, but at a slight discount. You want to make it so the discount is less than what you'd lose (due to Valve's processing cut/fees) selling the keys on the Marketplace, however.

I dunno. That's how I'd do it. Seems like it mitigates a lot of risks, although it'd take much longer to collect most of the value on the knife.

That's a good idea. Then keys can be sold for cash fairly easily?

soultron

Banned
That's a good idea. Then keys can be sold for cash fairly easily?

As far as I know yeah. People love to use keys for trades because they'll always hold their value (with no fluctuations, positive or negative) as long as cases are a thing in CSGO.

This differs from things like skins because, for example, the arrival of the Chroma case knives (probably) slightly devalued the existing knives since the Chroma case knives were the new hotness. It's also how a really cool M4 skin coming out in the next case might devalue all of the other M4 skins that already exist.

Keys don't have this problem. As long as you're using keys that people want (cross reference it with the value of the items in the corresponding case, see if it has a chance at getting Covert/red-tier items or knives) they'll be accepted.

EDIT: please take all of this with a grain of salt since I've never really dealt hands-on in this kind of stuff, but I've read some bits and bobs about it around reddit and (window) shopped around a bit on CSGO Lounge when I was thinking about how best to get a knife. I'm no expert.

udiie

I rarely if ever buy cases, just got this

Do I need to worry about people hacking my account or anything

5uhAhi9.png

fucking crazy knife man.

i just won a bet on skdc with the skins i shouldnt have won from lunatik
this could be hilarious guys
if this is any indication, i might just get a nice set of winnings

Odah

Banned
So that knife is the M9 Bayonet Doppler Ruby right?

I am seeing a lot of stuff about different variants of the doppler.

I think so.

look here:

http://imgur.com/a/ecUYP

this video gives you a VERY good overview about all the doppler variations and their rarity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH1ikERDjCw

you got the rarest of all lol

oh and dont worry that its not stattrack...

when talking about rare patterns on knifes it's always non stattrack > stattrack in terms of value

edit: now can I haz compensation for helping out? :3 /kappa

MayMay

Banned
Ah fuck. RIP 27$.

Oh well, just gonna earn them tomorrow on some NA underdog bets. Because if there's one thing you can count on it's the underdogs winning 90% of the time.

udiie

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 CSGO weapon skins. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the skin you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (udiie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple skins on the list below. Send an individual PM for each skin you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created.

P250 | Supernova (FN) -- MB-087846168265C4DB - Taken by frbrr. 3 entrants total.
330x192

StatTrak FAMAS | Pulse (FT) -- MB-91EF0A7B6868BC15 - Taken by ericksakti. 3 entrants total.
330x192

t1424430419z1.png

I was $7 away from coming out of loss. Lost all bets yesterday and now I'm at -$35 again :(

Anyway I have an AK Redline FT in my inventory that's going into betting soon. It's actually a really good looking one so if anyone here wants to trade their beaten up Redline for it, let me know.

edit - a straight swap obviously. Your AK redline FT for mine. Not looking to make a profit or anything here.

MayMay

Banned
I was $7 away from coming out of loss. Lost all bets yesterday and now I'm at -$35 again :(

Anyway I have an AK Redline FT in my inventory that's going into betting soon. It's actually a really good looking one so if anyone here wants to trade their beaten up Redline for it, let me know.

edit - a straight swap obviously. Your AK redline FT for mine. Not looking to make a profit or anything here.

Added you :>

If you want, just accept and send me a trade offer. My AK Redline FT for yours (because yours is damn pretty lol). I might be asleep or something but Ill accept it asap.

CoolS

I honestly just want mill and a remake to inferno. It would be nice to see something new though.

mill can't be remade because of copyright restrictions though, and we all know what happened to tuscan. I'd like them to redo inferno though, but it will probably never happen for GO.

MayMay

Banned
And they keep dying. It's already hard enough to fill up a lobby :/ rip

Especially since you were the core of our small group of addicts.

MayMay

Banned
Oh damn, this is fucking sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OHFQGlZf_Q

http://www.esl-one.com/csgo/cologne-2015/

ESL One Cologne 2015, August 22-23 -- "The world's largest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament." $250,000 prize money that is NOT sponsored by Valve. This is not a major, as of yet. There's still alot of time though so who knows. Maybe (likely?) we'll end up with 500k prize money if Valve puts some money towards this and makes it a major with stickers and stuff.

It's in the Lanxess Arena, which is a giant multifunctional arena (Europe's second largest - 15k seats)
Good news -- unlike last year, when ESL One Cologne happened at Gamescom and was a very horrible experience since it was in a super damn crowded convention center.

Ticket sales start on Monday.
39€ for a regular Ticket (37,25 discounted) with Two Day Access and Free Seating.
215€ (210€ discounted) for a Premium Ticket with Premium Area Seating, Free Drinks and Food, Goodie Bag and Signing Sessions.

Yeah, I'm totally going. I go to University in Cologne, and I actually have been to the Lanxess Arena a couple of times already. It's nice. Not sure if Ill drop the money for the Premium Ticket though.. lol.
Probably not.

CoolS

Oh damn, this is fucking sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OHFQGlZf_Q

http://www.esl-one.com/csgo/cologne-2015/

ESL One Cologne 2015, August 22-23 -- "The world's largest Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament." $250,000 prize money that is NOT sponsored by Valve. This is not a major, as of yet. There's still alot of time though so who knows. Maybe (likely?) we'll end up with 500k prize money if Valve puts some money towards this and makes it a major with stickers and stuff.

It's in the Lanxess Arena, which is a giant multifunctional arena (Europe's second largest - 15k seats)
Good news -- unlike last year, when ESL One Cologne happened at Gamescom and was a very horrible experience since it was in a super damn crowded convention center.

Ticket sales start on Monday.
39€ for a regular Ticket (37,25 discounted) with Two Day Access and Free Seating.
215€ (210€ discounted) for a Premium Ticket with Premium Area Seating, Free Drinks and Food, Goodie Bag and Signing Sessions.

Yeah, I'm totally going. I go to University in Cologne, and I actually have been to the Lanxess Arena a couple of times already. It's nice. Not sure if Ill drop the money for the Premium Ticket though.. lol.
Probably not.

Yeah thinking about going too if I can get some friends to join. Would be cool to watch a tourney live for once.

Added you :>

If you want, just accept and send me a trade offer. My AK Redline FT for yours (because yours is damn pretty lol). I might be asleep or something but Ill accept it asap.

Yep accepted the trade offer. Sorry I was AFK or I would have traded it immediately after adding you.

KiKaL

For those who haven't seen it yet:

Mapcreators behind cache and mirage collaborate

I'm really excited about this. Mirage 2 will be the first map that is actually "new" for CS GO and has the potential to be actually used in a competetive environment. Hope it turns out great.

I am excited for the possibility of a new map but I feel like it's impossible for new maps to really make it with how much the community hates change. I just think of Crown and Overpass which were both really hyped but never gained much traction.

CoolS

I am excited for the possibility of a new map but I feel like it's impossible for new maps to really make it with how much the community hates change. I just think of Crown and Overpass which were both really hyped but never gained much traction.

fmpone admitted they made some design mistakes with crown. And Overpass is quite liked by many pro teams, so it's not like the scene in sompletely against change. Personally, I love playing Overpass. Unfortunately, the poeple I play with don't want to learn it and all the angles :(

Overall you are right though.

Rivitur

Banned
Ehh..... I like your nip bet but the rest are way too scary for putting that high of a bet.

Update on PC! Everything is installed now have to wait for a 50ft Ethernet cable to arrive to have it connected in my roomn for now just downloading games in the living room.

soultron

Banned
I gotta walk away from this game for a bit. Talked with a friend who noticed I sound absolutely miserable when I'm in-game. I also had an a-ha moment when switching from Evolve to CS with Sajjaja, who noticed that we went from joking and having fun to a gloom creeping into the tone as soon as the CS match started.

I'm gonna play some RPGs. I had 10x more fun binging on Dragonfall than using that time for CS this week, so I'll mine that sort of thing until playing CS sounds like a fun idea again.

I feel your pain, man. I've only been playing with people from work lately (The rager finally quit our team. Phew!) and it's a total change from when we'd have our team from the 5-7 US regulars (+ Mayhem, love you bae). It's made me consider slowing down a lot on CS after the AHGL thing I'm in draws to a close in a few months.

cresto

Does anyone have a cartel p250 mw or FN that they would be will to trade with? I love the more than meets the eye approach. I caved and bought myself a ak47 cartel mw last week, but would be will to trade what some of the few skins I have to have a cartel p250. Lmk

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mcresto/home/

I feel your pain, man. I've only been playing with people from work lately (The rager finally quit our team. Phew!) and it's a total change from when we'd have our team from the 5-7 US regulars (+ Mayhem, love you bae). It's made me consider slowing down a lot on CS after the AHGL thing I'm in draws to a close in a few months.

Have you guys improved soultron? You still down in the nova's?

MayMay

Banned

love u 2 <3

Yep accepted the trade offer. Sorry I was AFK or I would have traded it immediately after adding you.

Thanks man!

soultron

Banned
Have you guys improved soultron? You still down in the nova's?

I think we play(ed) well against teams at our own skill level. I got up to MG1 with our group, and then quickly deranked all the way back down to GN1 after I stopped playing with them. I'm GN3 again, probably on the cusp of ranking up to GN4 again.

cresto

I think we play(ed) well against teams at our own skill level. I got up to MG1 with our group, and then quickly deranked all the way back down to GN1 after I stopped playing with them. I'm GN3 again, probably on the cusp of ranking up to GN4 again.

It's an improvement. You should get esea so we can pug and I won't feel so bad about losing ;P

Xizk

I like how the 11 dollar AWP Redline I got from betting has a Howling Dawn sticker that was worth 3x more than the weapon.

Top Bottom