• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Ludono

Omega and I haven't been able to download any demo the last week or so. Keep saying its corrupted whenever we try to download anything.

Yeah, same here! I had a decent ace (+ kobe) I want to grab, but it won't download. It's on Marquis, if that matters.

Hmm, I had this problem before as well. I think I tried verifying my games cache or something and it worked again. Not sure.

I'd like to see that Marquis ace for sure :D

soultron

Banned
I've tried to verify my cache and it didn't fix it. Both at home and on my work PCs I have the issue. I think there might be an error on the map itself that's preventing the demo from working/DLing.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, same here! I had a decent ace (+ kobe) I want to grab, but it won't download. It's on Marquis, if that matters.

tons of people are having the same problem on reddit and CSGO steam forum as well. Mostly seem to be a North American problem weirdly enough.

MayMay

Banned
Peasants. I can download demos just fine.

Just had a satisfying match on Season after the hacker infested one. We got crushed, and one guy abandoned - and suddenly we were able to come back and tie it up. Also I topfragged, which is always fun. gg cHinzo and Divius.

soultron

Banned
It's at the bottom of the matches list right now, so if I play one more round on Valve Comp MM, I won't be able to download the demo anymore. :(

cHinzo

Peasants. I can download demos just fine.

Just had a satisfying match on Season after the hacker infested one. We got crushed, and one guy abandoned - and suddenly we were able to come back and tie it up. Also I topfragged, which is always fun. gg cHinzo and Divius.

Mayhem, please. We gave those kills to u, to make up for ur first game. :D

MayMay

Banned
It's at the bottom of the matches list right now, so if I play one more round on Valve Comp MM, I won't be able to download the demo anymore. :(

I can download matches just fine, was never affected by the whole issue. Maybe send me the demo link (its in the scoreboard) and Ill see if I can download it and send it your way?

Worth a shot, even though it might not work lol

Mayhem, please. We gave those kills to u, to make up for ur first game. :D

Hah I worked hard for those kills man.

MayMay

Banned

1dc2c4d83e.jpg

:( Weird. Maybe it is region related, like Shadownet mentioned. Because I tried downloading a bunch of my recent games (EU) and it worked just fine.

Shadownet

Banned
I have 10 games right now. tried to download all of them. Only 2 actually downloaded. Yeah probably a server problem over on Volvo side.

It's 2015 and we still have problems like this.

Qassim

Yeah downloading demos has been working completely fine for me here in the UK (so typically EU North and EU West, with some EU East sprinkled in every now and then).

cHinzo

I have 10 games right now. tried to download all of them. Only 2 actually downloaded. Yeah probably a server problem over on Volvo side.

It's 2015 and we still have problems like this.
At least we've got replays. Riot is promising us LoL replays for three years already. :C

cresto

Just happy there is no DDoSerino considering the teams. Maybe VP is getting a grip on that stuff? I know they've have issues with it before. Enjoyable back-and-forth. This is why we watch CS constantly.

MayMay

Banned
That Inferno match was so damn exciting. Glad I did not bet on the series, otherwise I probably would've lost my mind during that game lol

cresto

Odah, you don't try and ddos players do you? Then you're fine. I have yet to understand people who do this. I still believe betting sites should immediately return items if a ddos attack happens. No one wins. Maybe people will stop. Downside is DDoSer still gets his money back. This world we live in is great and shitty all at the same time

garath

Honestly it's up to the players to stop the DDoS'ing. I understand once the cat it out of the bag in France they are kinda SoL but everyone else should be able to prevent it themselves.

And if I was a player that was constantly DDoS'd, I would request my matches not be listed on the betting sites. I think they would honor that.

It's shitty that these kids with a subscription to a hacker site get away with stuff like this but the players need to help themselves.

cresto

Honestly it's up to the players to stop the DDoS'ing. I understand once the cat it out of the bag in France they are kinda SoL but everyone else should be able to prevent it themselves.

And if I was a player that was constantly DDoS'd, I would request my matches not be listed on the betting sites. I think they would honor that.

It's shitty that these kids with a subscription to a hacker site get away with stuff like this but the players need to help themselves.

I agree. There have been countless threads about this and how players can protect themselves, but it still happens at an alarming rate. It ruins the viewing experience. I remember Ander's saying that Danish internet is shit and they aren't willing to work with you at all when it comes to this sort of issue and your internet connection. It's really up to the ISP's to do a better job at working with individuals and to help prevent DDoS attacks by having IPs update/change regularly. The whole infrastructure of the internet is a god damn shameful mess.

Odah

Banned
bfca83c246.jpg

won ally my bets today + I have an "ICB" bet on TSM so we will see how that pans out over night.

Feels good, slowly making it back to the magic zero :D

Ive been playing every night for the last week or so, this game is so fucking amazing.

I had a really nice match with some good teamwork. Actually was able to AWP pretty decently too, I usually am real bad with it.

I'm getting anxious even thinking about trying to sell/trade this M9 Doppler that dropped. It seems like there are a lot of scammers out there and a long road to getting it converted to keys even.

It sure is pretty and gets me attention in matchmaking though, lol.

Top Bottom