• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Wunder

That Play reminded me of the play from I think Snax(?) last year on Mirage where the NiP players just walked past him back in in B Apartment stair area...anyone remember that?

Yeah that was fucking amazing, I think it was because one of them was on 4:3 too?

Shadownet

Banned
SO i got on an empty server to look at all the knife animation. I really like the huntsman knife, but the view animation is so shit. It's pretty much the exact same animation as the gut, M9 and bayonet.

I did discover though that if you alternate between F and R repeatedly, you can continue to loop animation. Which is pretty cool. Now the only ones that actually look good using that technique is the Butterfly and Karambit.

All the other ones just look like you're wiggling the knife around :/

Man if the Huntsman has a better animation, it would be a no brainer, but since the butterfly has a better animation plus it's my 2nd favorite. I think I might just go with that.

Edit: plus I met this pretty cool dude in the server. it was just me and him. we talked about knives. it was chill.

Ludono

SO i got on an empty server to look at all the knife animation. I really like the huntsman knife, but the view animation is so shit. It's pretty much the exact same animation as the gut, M9 and bayonet.

I did discover though that if you alternate between F and R repeatedly, you can continue to loop animation. Which is pretty cool. Now the only ones that actually look good using that technique is the Butterfly and Karambit.

All the other ones just look like you're wiggling the knife around :/

Man if the Huntsman has a better animation, it would be a no brainer, but since the butterfly has a better animation plus it's my 2nd favorite. I think I might just go with that.

Edit: plus I met this pretty cool dude in the server. it was just me and him. we talked about knives. it was chill.

Yeah I still like the Huntsman the best in terms of look, but animation wise you can't beat the spinny spinz and the flippy flipz of the karambit and butterfly....Then again you can get a top of the line Huntsman for the same price as a low/mid karambit/butterfly

About 10 matches lost in a row, with me trying to carry to my best abilities (pretty much being the only one having a chance) and still, I am back at Nova 2. How disappointing.

Shadownet

Banned
(っ◔◡◔)っ ❤
Dude was so nice, usually you think people would be like all up in your business and "F*ck you! Ima rekt you while you're trying to look a knives"

The moment I entered, he was like "Hail, Shadownet. What bring you to this empty server." it was a bit weird he was in it by himself but the dude was nice.

*Faith in CSGO community, partially restored*
Yeah I still like the Huntsman the best in terms of look, but animation wise you can't beat the spinny spinz and the flippy flipz of the karambit and butterfly....Then again you can get a top of the line Huntsman for the same price as a low/mid karambit/butterfly

The flippity flips :( why can't a huntsman do that. It's such a menacing looking knife.

I googled Huntsman different animation. Apparently i'm not the only one disappointed with it.

This guy did some cool animations for the Huntsman.
This scene from Riddick is pretty nice too

And yeah you're right about that last part.

Rivitur

Banned
I'm not sure how I feel about this...

Allu isn't bad but he just feel as "right" as Maikelele did right off the bat.
Please they don't call him allu god for nothing... Skill wise NiP just jumped up... Way up! You got to remember Allu is a very very good rifler so they don't need to save every round for an awp if the need to force up.

Is it too much of a stretch to say that they got eksems balls in a juice blender?
I think CW would become great if they replace Hunden. His stats every tournament have been horrible.
Always said he is by far thier worst player. Time to move on from -fliff
To -hunden just Plz god if it does happen don't bring in tenski or someone like that.

Uh.... Guys? Itshappening.gif. Niko is standing in for mousesports today vs Hr.

And possibly Troublely to Penta which would make them extremely dangerous.

I've bet on 8 matches, winning 2 of them. Every time I bet, it's usually a super safe bet (the two games I've won have been 50/50 low stakes bets, funnily enough). I bet on the heavy favorites and EVERY TIME I get burned.

I think I'm officially retiring from the rough and tumble life of a CSGO bettor.

Or is this where I double down and bet bigger?

Ludono

So I was talking with Shadow about this and I was hoping someone could explain to me...

Can one person not host a game and have 9 other people join it, you know, for GAF matches and whatnot? Like just make a lobby in-game with 10 people and run the game right off of that? Won't be on 24/7 like the GAF server was but just around for when we play?

Of course ping issues just means whoever lives in the middle hosts right?

Shadownet

Banned

Xizk

I've bet on 8 matches, winning 2 of them. Every time I bet, it's usually a super safe bet (the two games I've won have been 50/50 low stakes bets, funnily enough). I bet on the heavy favorites and EVERY TIME I get burned.

I think I'm officially retiring from the rough and tumble life of a CSGO bettor.

The problem with betting on that many matches and on all the favorites is that you have to be amazing at predicting the winners to gain any profit. It's smarter to bet on few matches that you are really sure on. I only bet on 3 tonight and still managed to lose 1. Managed to profit still but it's risky.

Wunder

this is the point in your life where you decide whether you want to become me and stop betting, or transcend earth and become Odah

Ludono

The problem with betting on that many matches and on all the favorites is that you have to be amazing at predicting the winners to gain any profit. It's smarter to bet on few matches that you are really sure on. I only bet on 3 tonight and still managed to lose 1. Managed to profit still but it's risky.

Yeah I'm giving it another go, started with a single M4A1 Guardian yesterday and now managed to double my value already :)

VP > F3
VP > CW
CW > Penta

and my last bet for tonight is a bit of a risk on F3 > TSM, though I only put some trash skins on it.

I mean 8 total, like over the past few weeks (not just today). I usually bet on like 1 or 2 every couple days and usually choose to bet on the unanimous 'this is probably the safest bet' choice that r/csgobetting, people here and my own gut feeling have agreed upon.

Maybe I'm just on a bad streak of betting on BO1 that the heavy favorites choose to underperform in. Either way, I might just hang on to the skins I have left and get out while I still have skins

Xizk

I mean 8 total, like over the past few weeks (not just today). I usually bet on like 1 or 2 every couple days and usually choose to bet on the unanimous 'this is probably the safest bet' choice that r/csgobetting, people here and my own gut feeling have agreed upon.

Maybe I'm just on a bad streak of betting on BO1 that the heavy favorites choose to underperform in. Either way, I might just hang on to the skins I have left and get out while I still have skins

Yeah don't listen to csgobetting. Every time I've checked they hype up the team I wouldn't pick as the favorite and most times isn't. So much oddsway there. Yeah if you are not comfortable it's good to stop.

ChrisW

Anyone else think that like the max ping MM setting they should have a language selection so that you don't get out against people you don't understand?

Lourio

No bet is safe. I had to learn it the hard way 3 times. Now I just bet my lower tier skins and that's it.
As mentioned, bet skins that you are prepared to lose.

Odah

Banned
772c557493.jpg

won all of my bets today.

time for the random NA underdog bet before going to sleep :p

MayMay

Banned
So I was talking with Shadow about this and I was hoping someone could explain to me...

Can one person not host a game and have 9 other people join it, you know, for GAF matches and whatnot? Like just make a lobby in-game with 10 people and run the game right off of that? Won't be on 24/7 like the GAF server was but just around for when we play?

Of course ping issues just means whoever lives in the middle hosts right?

Would not be very satisfactory, I think. Big latency issues (+ unfair host advantage) bundled with other things like choke, depending on the PC of the person hosting.

Most people seem to already have trouble sustaining a 5 slot server (tried that with some peeps a couple of days ago) - so a 10 slot server seems not very likely. Might work just fine though.

But yeah, apart from that - ping issues and host advantage.

I tried that a few days ago with some friends and it worked very well, max ping was like 20. But we live in a 300km radius so that was in ouro favor.

MayMay

Banned
I tried that a few days ago with some friends and it worked very well, max ping was like 20. But we live in a 300km radius so that was in ouro favor.

This is interesting, because I tried it a few days ago too - and we ended up having massive issues. We were a mix of US, Canada and Europe so maybe that explains it

MayMay

Banned
So I made 1$ of profit today while betting, wohoo. Mainly because I only bet on 2 games (lost 1 won 1) and then missed the others because I was busy. RIP. Onto the NA bets.

Also probably largely because of that hilariously bad coop map

Yeah.. I guess running a normal map without alot of wonky-ass scripts might work better lol

Reven

Too bad that lounge doesn't lock in bet values when you place them. I saw that Envy vs F3 was at 100% for envy. Return on F3 was 216:1. Would have made a great yolo bet.

For betting in general, you want to avoid heavy favourites as the risk/reward just isn't worth it.

Now if lounge allowed parlays.. That's a different story

This is interesting, because I tried it a few days ago too - and we ended up having massive issues. We were a mix of US, Canada and Europe so maybe that explains it
We could try it one day, I live on the edge of europe "close" to the US so it might work slighlty better I think.

Top Bottom