• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

MayMay

Banned
Nice. I wasnt willing to spend that kind of cash, but I did upgrade my power supply. Stupid question time: I had only a 350W power supply that came with my comp. Went with a 750W powersupply. Any way having that much extra power would negatively affect my rig?

Don't worry about it, not fully utilizing the PSU does not damage the rig in any way.

Ohnoo a creepy lurker :p just kidding. Yeah, I gave up on the missions as soon as I got my gold operation coin.. lol. Which was a long time ago.

We should totally play again at some point (if you don't quit CS lol) - but you keep inviting me when I'm either already in a game or in the process of stopping for the day haha. Kinda busy during weekdays lately, but maybe at the weekend.

Haha, I'm in, I guess I could play it as long as it's not with randoms :) But yeah, you always dissing me man, so sad.

So here's one thing I don't get about this game.

if you have the money, is there any reason not to just buy an AK/M4 and Body Armor every round?

Like would you ever actively choose to buy any SMG over an AK or M4 if you had the money for both?

if you have the money, is there any reason not to just buy an AK/M4 and Body Armor every round?

Like would you ever actively choose to buy any SMG over an AK or M4 if you had the money for both?
- 2nd round if you won pistol, doesn't matter if you have enough. Never buy an M4/AK/SG 2nd round. That's crazy talk.
- If your team can't afford to.

cHinzo

- 2nd round if you won pistol, doesn't matter if you have enough. Never buy an M4/AK/SG 2nd round. That's crazy talk.
- If your team can't afford to.

Disagree. Lots of people armor up after losing pistol. SMGs usually doesn't do shit against that. Safer to go Famas/Galil though, although I like to go for a yolo Bizon in the second round and not let go of the run W button. :D

vocab

If you are trying too hard, and nothing is working, you buy a p90 and turn your brain off.

Mokoi

Banned
Disagree. Lots of people armor up after losing pistol. SMGs usually doesn't do shit against that. Safer to go Famas/Galil though, although I like to go for a yolo Bizon in the second round and not let go of the run W button. :D
armored tec9, armored 5-7. Yeah that's the way to go.

I figured as much, but I had to ask. Thanks, Ezio.
It's going to blow. Post them pics when it happens.

soultron

Banned

You shouldn't buy rifles R2 ever since you still risk it falling into the hands of the other team early, potentially giving them the edge they need to win that same round. If you win pistol, you should be able to win R2 with minimal investment -- ideally you still have armour from R1 if you play that way. I still play armour R1 most of the time, unless we're running a strat that calls for a smoke.

When the other team is still playing pistols, you can and will most likely get rushed, and they can land the crazy close-range headshots that having a rifle might not necessarily save you from.

You're better off investing in a nade or smoke and an SMG to slow down any potential rushes, IMO.

Exactly, so we agree. =P

I'll never buy an M4/AK/SG 2nd round. Whether I buy a Bizon/Galil T side depends where I'm headed, and whether I buy a Famas on CT side depends on... lol... who am I kidding? Bizon on CT. Always.

cHinzo

Exactly, so we agree. =P

I'll never buy an M4/AK/SG 2nd round. Whether I buy a Bizon/Galil T side depends where I'm headed, and whether I buy a Famas on CT side depends on... lol... who am I kidding? Bizon on CT. Always.

AK/M4 is fine, since it's a better weapon overall and it's better than a Famas/Galil on the 3rd or 4th round.

Bizon on CT is tricky, because if they planted in the first or second round, u only get to use it effectively for only one round, since they can buy on the third.

Whatever you guys do. Buy a helmet on the second round. :p

AK/M4 is fine, since it's a better weapon overall and it's better than a Famas/Galil on the 3rd or 4th round.

Bizon on CT is tricky, because if they planted in the first or second round, u only get to use it effectively for only one round, since they can buy on the third.

Whatever you guys do. Buy a helmet on the second round. :p

I used to buy up full 2nd if we could, but I don't like risking it these days. Galil or Bizon depending on where I'm going, but I always get a Bizon on CT lest I come across a train of Rekt-9s. If I lose it, not too bothered, just means I'm buying 4th.
If I don't die, then as you said, depending on whether they planted I either have one or two rounds of "holy shit look at all that cash" Bizoning potential and it's my choice whether to buy up 3rd or 4th. I just think that's a safer plan.
Pivotal point is those fucking Rekt-9s =/

udiie

Armour tec-9 win or lose 1st round is always best buy.
CT side though, p250 only on the L, otherwise, famas or bizon

cresto

armored tec9, armored 5-7. Yeah that's the way to go.

It's going to blow. Post them pics when it happens.
Why do you say dis?

One thing I am noticing is the game seems subtly choppy from time to time. I'm consistent on the fps no probs. I have a 144 hz monitor so I'm thinking it has something to do with it

Mokoi

Banned
Why do you say dis?
One thing I am noticing is the game seems subtly choppy from time to time. I'm consistent on the fps no probs. I have a 144 hz monitor so I'm thinking it has something to do with it
I kid, and yes 144hz has something to do with. If you got geoforce experience installed then go ahead and uninstall it. It fixed my prob.

CoolS

The UMP is amazing in close too mid range in second and maybe third round as T.
What's also really really good is the second round armor pistol CT buy after loosing first round. So many rounds won because of that.

CoolS

Let's try this again:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-7ADEB70679460AD5 - Taken by Horatorobor. 4 entrants total.

lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-logo.jpg

t1425452650z1.png

impact

Banned
People saying don't buy m4/ak second round... I bet you get eco'd a lot.

Tek9 cz 5-7 are better than SMG/famas/galil. Always buy a real gun if you can.

Wunder

People saying don't buy m4/ak second round... I bet you get eco'd a lot.

Tek9 cz 5-7 are better than SMG/famas/galil. Always buy a real gun if you can.

ya, I still end up buying galil/famas more often than not though because I wanna have some nades too

f0rk

I like the cz on T ecos more than the tek9 (which is probably wrong) but it doesn't seem as good for anti eco. Against an armoured opponent 1v1 they go down really easy but you run out of bullets if there's more of them. Also I opened a sick yellow galil with a skull on it. So I buy that after a winning pistol.
CT I have a stat track 57 so I could buy that but normally get a famas.

impact

Banned
fps_max refresh rate x2 +1 has made my game a little less choppy

I use 144hz so fps_max 289. It's still choppy/laggy here and there because it's on the worst engine in gaming but it feels better than fps_max 0 did for me

KiKaL

Crazy talk buying AK/M4s second round. I usually go bizon/galil/famas.

In the GNM-MG2 rank people rarely by armor so I usually can do some serious damage with the bizon especially when they try to rush.

I kid, and yes 144hz has something to do with. If you got geoforce experience installed then go ahead and uninstall it. It fixed my prob.

Maybe I'm not noticing it but I use a 144hz benq and never have trouble. Is using fps_max 150 a bad idea?should I keep it to 144?

Lourio

...I went ahead and upgraded my gfx card to the new GTX 960...

I need a new video card. How much did the card run you?
And what would you guys recommend for video cards. I'm currently using an Nvidia Quadro FX 3800. Not the ideal card, it's been doing the job but I've been experiencing massive FPS drops as of late. Tried upgrading/downgrading drivers, replacing the card, changing settings via the Nvidia control panel and still no improvement.

cresto

fps_max refresh rate x2 +1 has made my game a little less choppy

I use 144hz so fps_max 289. It's still choppy/laggy here and there because it's on the worst engine in gaming but it feels better than fps_max 0 did for me

Im just glad it isn't my new vid card tbh. I tried uninstalling gefore experience last night so i need to see how it plays with setting my max fps to what you said. Why is it 2x144 + 1?

This is the monitor I have. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313

I was looking into this http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/ for a fix prior and now I might actually try it.

I need a new video card. How much did the card run you?
And what would you guys recommend for video cards. I'm currently using an Nvidia Quadro FX 3800. Not the ideal card, it's been doing the job but I've been experiencing massive FPS drops as of late. Tried upgrading/downgrading drivers, replacing the card, changing settings via the Nvidia control panel and still no improvement.

It was only $210 and its factory OC'd. I don't like screwing with that shit so I left it to the people who know what they are doing. Normal cards are just $10 less so i thought it was worth a small performance boost. I have an older I7 3770k and 16gb ram. The card runs great with it and rarely drop below 200 fps even on graphics intensive maps like season. I'm very happy with it. So glad to be out of 1024x768 and playing full res. I feel like the game just looks clearer over what Im used to.

Top Bottom