• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

soultron

Banned
I need a new video card. How much did the card run you?
And what would you guys recommend for video cards. I'm currently using an Nvidia Quadro FX 3800. Not the ideal card, it's been doing the job but I've been experiencing massive FPS drops as of late. Tried upgrading/downgrading drivers, replacing the card, changing settings via the Nvidia control panel and still no improvement.

On newer maps it's probably because they're pushing more detail and props, and optimization for this level of quality has cut out the lower end cards.

You can and should be able to run a low-detail map like Dust2 on a potato, but newer maps in Operations will stress older cards, depending on the card itself and your settings in-game.

Overdoziz

Banned
BIZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

HOnSsAz.gif

So now I have all the challenge stars. That was... pretty underwhelming. Oh well, at least I made like three times back what the challenges cost me AND it made me play the game for 100 more hours, most of which being competitive

impact

Banned
Im just glad it isn't my new vid card tbh. I tried uninstalling gefore experience last night so i need to see how it plays with setting my max fps to what you said. Why is it 2x144 + 1?

This is the monitor I have. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313

I was looking into this http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/ for a fix prior and now I might actually try it.

It was only $210 and its factory OC'd. I don't like screwing with that shit so I left it to the people who know what they are doing. Normal cards are just $10 less so i thought it was worth a small performance boost. I have an older I7 3770k and 16gb ram. The card runs great with it and rarely drop below 200 fps even on graphics intensive maps like season. I'm very happy with it. So glad to be out of 1024x768 and playing full res. I feel like the game just looks clearer over what Im used to.

I used to use lightboost. It's cool I guess, but adds a little bit of lag. So beware

And refresh rates work in multiples (thats why console games are 30fps when our TVs are 60hz) thats why the whole double your refresh rate thing works. I dunno about the +1 tbh I just read it from chrisJ on HLTV and that nigga is god so it must be true

Mokoi

Banned
I was looking into this http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/ for a fix prior and now I might actually try it.

So glad to be out of 1024x768 and playing full res. I feel like the game just looks clearer over what Im used to.
Lightboost fucking destroys the colors even with the saturation toggler on, and I just can't deal with that. Why do TN panel got to be such shit with colors. Also I just can't get out of 1024 because I like my game looking like ass, and I can't hit awp shots on anything else. Geez I'm making it sounds as if I'm good. lol

Anyone have experience with that site that let's you sell skins for credit/paypal?
It's a legit site, and I've made money there.

cresto

I used to use lightboost. It's cool I guess, but adds a little bit of lag. So beware

And refresh rates work in multiples (thats why console games are 30fps when our TVs are 60hz) thats why the whole double your refresh rate thing works. I dunno about the +1 tbh I just read it from chrisJ on HLTV and that nigga is god so it must be true

Thanks for the info, impact. I'll check it out tonight.

CoolS

I just realized I will be traveling during Katowice.... I'm really bummed out :(

Well, you'll be at Katowice, so that's good enough.

Now that Source 2 is officially announced, do you guys think we'll see CS GO switch to the new engine this year? Maybe an announcement at E3? One can certainly hope!

Ludono

Well, you'll be at Katowice, so that's good enough.

Now that Source 2 is officially announced, do you guys think we'll see CS GO switch to the new engine this year? Maybe an announcement at E3? One can certainly hope!

I'm assuming you're referring to SPUNJ not me? xD

Nah I'll be in Indonesia...not sure how my internet situation will be so I may/may not be able to watch/bet/chat about it with ya'll

CoolS

I'm assuming you're referring to SPUNJ not me? xD

Nah I'll be in Indonesia...not sure how my internet situation will be so I may/may not be able to watch/bet/chat about it with ya'll
I won't be able to watch anything except maybe the grand final since my GF is visiting. Second major in a row I'm not watching. But she's worth it ;)

Shadownet

Banned
I won't be able to watch anything except maybe the grand final since my GF is visiting. Second major in a row I'm not watching. But she's worth it ;)
Maybe its time to get her into watching the pro scene. Or at least ask her to watch the grand final with you.

CoolS

Maybe its time to get her into watching the pro scene. Or at least ask her to watch the grand final with you.

The thing is we're in a long distance relationship right now and I see her every 3-4 weeks for a few days. Not going to "waste" our time by forcing her to watch CS with me. Maybe some time in the future. I bet she'd actually do it as well, at least for the grand final.

Shadownet

Banned
maybe he should show her how far gaming has come... starting with super mario bros
Pacman first
The thing is we're in a long distance relationship right now and I see her every 3-4 weeks for a few days. Not going to "waste" our time by forcing her to watch CS with me. Maybe some time in the future. I bet she'd actually do it as well, at least for the grand final.
She'll either understand it or just be like "boys..."

CoolS

Pacman first

She'll either understand it or just be like "boys..."

She at least gets that I sometimes need a round or two of CS in the evening to relax, so I'd say that's good enough. And she said she wants to try playing CS sometime as well!

Rivitur

Banned
Here are my picks for Katowice
Good but geez idk F3 will have davcost playing so voxx might take that second spot. C9 is a tough one as well because they can preform but TSM is sure as hell not going to back down. I expect TSM to lose once and 3DMAX to have an upset in there somewhere. I'd say C9 gets screwed somehow where we end up in a tie situation and they don't go through.

Also who needs sleep!?
School in 2hrs

EloKa

Hey guys. Will anyone of you be visting / attending the ESL One Katowice or happen to live there?

I'll be travelling to that event for work and knowing or meeting someone there would be awesome

trolho

Neo Member
Apart from the obvious picks for the pick'em up game, I'm on the fence about CLG/HR and Cloud9/Kinguin. I'm going with NaVi over F3 though. Please halp. I don't want another silver medal.

Top Bottom