• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Rivitur

Banned
Why does this seem to always ahppen? Let's say a team goes up 11-4 on T side of inferno then when the switch the other teams T side goes for like 6-9 rounds in a row. It seem like a mentality thing. Sometime you see it in nuke matches where the team gets 6 t rounds and then they go and have a terrible CT side.

Mokoi

Banned
I know it gets laughed about and is a bit of a cliche, but do you guys believe that having expensive gun skins makes you play better?

I think they do, purely based on the confidence that having better skins brings with it, they put you into a better mood which in tern mean a more enjoyable time with CS.

What do you guys think?
Ha no even with default skan I'm the best, and so fast. Faster than kennyS. Faster than world class awper steel.
http://a.pomf.se/cglifb.webm
swoosh swoosh.

NeoFaff

I know it gets laughed about and is a bit of a cliche, but do you guys believe that having expensive gun skins makes you play better?

I think they do, purely based on the confidence that having better skins brings with it, they put you into a better mood which in tern mean a more enjoyable time with CS.

What do you guys think?

Skins are an expensive ways to show off and they're distractions - for both you and your opponent. I've ended up screwing myself over by picking up a flashy weapon off the ground. Using a cool skin can also lead to buying weapons you can't, or shouldn't use during a match.

At the end of the day they're a measure of epeen. Don't worry about it. P.S. Half the time in solo queue I have to mute my team cos I'm being heckled :p

Mokoi

Banned
For you guys who used OPSkins, when your cashout went to "paid" status did it take another day for it to show up in your paypal?
Ok yeah to expand on this. I didn't actually receive my money until eight hours later, so yeah it takes time regardless of paid status.
KrvuMOr.png

Overdoziz

Banned
RAPTR is nice, but I wish I could use different settings per game. I can record with 50mb/s, 60fpp, 1080p on CSGO fine, but it doesn't work nearly as well for other games.

Ludono

Leaving on Sunday for Indonesia for 10 days... not sure on the Wi-fi situation out there but I may miss out on the Katowice goodness, if I do be sure to put some extra bets in just for me okay ;D

impact

Banned
beat a51 Char and friends on esea not too long ago, pretty easily too

it's funny that the random single and double AKs we q up against in MM hit better shots then an invite player

I must say esea makes MM completely irrelevant. Even if you get toxic teammates you can just mute them and carry on, and it's not like you wouldn't get toxic assholes in MM anyway.

Ludono

beat a51 Char and friends on esea not too long ago, pretty easily too

it's funny that the random single and double AKs we q up against in MM hit better shots then an invite player

I must say esea makes MM completely irrelevant. Even if you get toxic teammates you can just mute them and carry on, and it's not like you wouldn't get toxic assholes in MM anyway.

Well it generally weeds out the cheaters and the trolls....so that's something at least.

soultron

Banned
Not sure if anyone here is Canadian, but theScore eSports app (Android only for now) is pretty great. Tried it out yesterday. For CSGO, it only has News so far, but in speaking with one of the devs on twitter, they're working to add live stat tracking and live match tickers/updates to the app ASAP.

Haroon

That map last night was awesome. I will never forget the bots that died due to the truck landing on them in slow motion. May they rest in pieces.

soultron

Banned
When did these fancy camera swivels get added to the game?

The spectator camera position interpolation? A few months ago, IIRC.

It only happens when the (next) player you're switching to are within a certain distance of the current spectated player, however.

There's also a grenade follow camera for spectators as well, but I believe you need to hold [ALT] to follow it as it's thrown. It has some bugs where you can get stuck on the grenade even after it has landed and spent its duration or effect, last I remember.

The spectator camera position interpolation? A few months ago, IIRC.

It only happens when the (next) player you're switching to are within a certain distance of the current spectated player, however.

There's also a grenade follow camera for spectators as well, but I believe you need to hold [ALT] to follow it as it's thrown. It has some bugs where you can get stuck on the grenade even after it has landed and spent its duration or effect, last I remember.

No it's not that, on this Championship Series thing I'm watching they have these special camera movements and pans that show the spawns (in real time) and also some bomb sites. One even did an entire loop the loop.

soultron

Banned
No it's not that, on this Championship Series thing I'm watching they have these special camera movements and pans that show the spawns (in real time) and also some bomb sites. One even did an entire loop the loop.

During the game itself, with all the players in the server? Wow, this could be new. Maybe camera splines were added to the maps recently for this kind of thing?

jediyoshi

During the game itself, with all the players in the server? Wow, this could be new. Maybe camera splines were added to the maps recently for this kind of thing?

Yeah, they were these views slowly panning over spawn. Had some tilt to them as well

9pdI4tf.png

soultron

Banned
Yeah, they were these views slowly panning over spawn. Had some tilt to them as well

9pdI4tf.png

Without seeing it in motion it's hard to tell if they're the static cameras that have fixed views over certain parts of the map or a separate spectator cam with a person operating it, similar to Steel when he was working as an in-game camera operator for MLG XGames Aspen.

Top Bottom