• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

CoolS

I really hope that VP turns up as Virtus Plow. Their form has been good lately, and with their home crowd behind them it might be possible.

I want to see them demolish every team in their way. Would be so great.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Does anyone here have experience with the Zowie FK1? My Logitech G400 is slowly dying and its starting to affect my play so it's time to move on. Always used Logitech mice so I have no idea how good these other guys are

I've had issues with both the fk1 and the fk2.

I guess my fk1 was just a faulty unit, it had a little "bump" on the right side which was really annoying when holding the mouse.

My fk2 has a mousewheel issue that's apparently common with Zowie mice. It will randomly scroll up when I scroll down or even when I'm not doing anything and sometimes it won't scroll at all. This is extremely annoying when you have binded jump to wheelup like me and you randomly jump in game.

And with both mice I had the problem that my fire rate with pistols was way lower than with my old mouse.

I measured it emptying a full magazine of a glock, five seven and usp-s and with each weapon I was ~0.5 seconds faster with my old mouse. For example I emptied 12 usp-s bullets in ~2 seconds with my old 15$ mouse but needed ~2.5 seconds with the fk1/2. And the biggest problem was that the zowie mice were very inconsistent in that aspect. Sometimes it shot normal and sometimes extremely slow. Whereas with my old mouse I always have the same fire rate.
This has cost me several rounds where I could have easily gotten a kill if the pistol was shooting faster.

Maybe it was just bad luck but I will definitely be returning my fk2 and get something else. The problem is I have no idea which one to get.

CoolS

I've been using the MX518 and it's successors for ages now. Some of the best mice out there, and I never really had any problems.

cHinzo

Still feel this major came too early for TSM. Doesn't look like they've practiced much at all. :( and I wanted them to win a major this year.

impact

Banned

I guess my fk1 was just a faulty unit, it had a little "bump" on the right side which was really annoying when holding the mouse.

My fk2 has a mousewheel issue that's apparently common with Zowie mice. It will randomly scroll up when I scroll down or even when I'm not doing anything and sometimes it won't scroll at all. This is extremely annoying when you have binded jump to wheelup like me and you randomly jump in game.

And with both mice I had the problem that my fire rate with pistols was way lower than with my old mouse.

I measured it emptying a full magazine of a glock, five seven and usp-s and with each weapon I was ~0.5 seconds faster with my old mouse. For example I emptied 12 usp-s bullets in ~2 seconds with my old 15$ mouse but needed ~2.5 seconds with the fk1/2. And the biggest problem was that the zowie mice were very inconsistent in that aspect. Sometimes it shot normal and sometimes extremely slow. Whereas with my old mouse I always have the same fire rate.
This has cost me several rounds where I could have easily gotten a kill if the pistol was shooting faster.

Maybe it was just bad luck but I will definitely be returning my fk2 and get something else. The problem is I have no idea which one to get.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking or maybe get a g100s

NeoFaff

I bought 5 g100s mice from some korean ebayer because they were so cheap. Pretty good so far. Scroll wheel can be a bit unresponsive after 6 months of use but I have 4 replacements for when it gets too annoying lol.

rugioh

Banned
I apologize for venting but its pretty jarring how shitty the MM community can be even compared to DOTA. I have a few years of 1.6 CAL League experience so I have an okay understanding of how the game works, and wanted to try and give it a shot by playing a few placement games. I plow through my first 3 games no problem, playing some pretty inexperienced people. The next three games were considerably harder, which I'm okay with but the people I queued up with were not understanding of this at all. They flamed me super hard when I would make mistakes and couldn't keep up, and I still have 7 more wins before I figure out what my rank is supposed to be. Great.

CoolS

I apologize for venting but its pretty jarring how shitty the MM community can be even compared to DOTA. I have a few years of 1.6 CAL League experience so I have an okay understanding of how the game works, and wanted to try and give it a shot by playing a few placement games. I plow through my first 3 games no problem, playing some pretty inexperienced people. The next three games were considerably harder, which I'm okay with but the people I queued up with were not understanding of this at all. They flamed me super hard when I would make mistakes and couldn't keep up, and I still have 7 more wins before I figure out what my rank is supposed to be. Great.

If people start to flame, just mute them. Not worth the hassle. As long as you use a mic to make calls etc. everything you are doing is fine really.

Rivitur

Banned
Any safe bets to get skins into returns today? The VP ones should be safe but there's always the VP rule...
I tink I'm going to take the wizards bet as its the only one other than xmg v wild that would get decent returns.

As for upsets I'd take the small bet on Dig>G2

Divius

Small on DiggyDig. They have what it takes but have been in a slump lately.

ggwp < VP should be safe, but those odds @_@

Volgare > Wild probably, but it is a BO1 so who knows.

cHinzo

Mute mute mute! That's what the button's for. Flamers and whiners are a waste of time anyways.

rugioh

Banned
Mute mute mute! That's what the button's for. Flamers and whiners are a waste of time anyways.

If people start to flame, just mute them. Not worth the hassle. As long as you use a mic to make calls etc. everything you are doing is fine really.

True, I think I'm mostly just disappointed in myself because people I used to play with in 1.6 are up in DMG+ ranking, and I came in expecting to place high off of my past knowledge. I think I should just accept that I won't place as high as I anticipated and just work my way up. The first step is to accept that you aren't as good as you think you are, then learning can begin. I just need to have discipline I suppose.

Property has beaten VP on d2 for example so I would skip that one at least. Gonna put a small on prop.

VP is traditionally bad on D2 though. Reddit seems to think they might let it through in today's game to practice strats. Definitely not a good idea to gamble on that match.

I tink I'm going to take the wizards bet as its the only one other than xmg v wild that would get decent returns.

As for upsets I'd take the small bet on Dig>G2

None of those look safe to me. I think Volgare should beat Wild but I wouldn't put more than a small bet on that. And I've consolidated my skins for Katowice so I think I might skip that one too.

garath

You guys should look into the steelseries rival. I have a sensei RAW and absolutely love it. I came from an MX518 which I used for years and years and years. It's a little lower profile but it tracks so accurately. If I was to get a new mouse now, it would be the rival.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G6IJ5QK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Rivitur

Banned
Cities: Skylines releases in a few hours.. Wohoo. Hope I won't get too addicted, still wanna play CS.
Pfft hotline Miami 2 shall rule the day foolish May
None of those look safe to me. I think Volgare should beat Wild but I wouldn't put more than a small bet on that. And I've consolidated my skins for Katowice so I think I might skip that one too.
The volgare one should be if you just glance at it but the more i think about it the less safe it becomes. Remember however all this talk about I'll wait for Katowice you gotta remember you don't know the odds for games yet so there is no I'm sure I'll make a ton of profit on an upset when some games will be 50/50 odds

The volgare one should be if you just glance at it but the more i think about it the less safe it becomes. Remember however all this talk about I'll wait for Katowice you gotta remember you don't know the odds for games yet so there is no I'm sure I'll make a ton of profit on an upset when some games will be 50/50 odds

I'm probably not even going to bet on the first day of Katowice. Aspen still burns :(

I'm also probably a liar an addict

Xizk

I'm probably not even going to bet on the first day of Katowice. Aspen still burns :(

I'm also probably a liar an addict

Group stages are the easiest to bet and profit on. Odds should be 50/50 but they never are so always bet on underdogs. Everyone can beat the others in their group in a bo1.

Strazyplus

No next week after all? :p
2-6 WEEKS LATER....

dragon king giveaway time!!! now it is time!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a CS:GO Skin. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Strazyplus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade this skin you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim skin you have no interest in collecting or playing with. Don't claim skins to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. If skin is not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Account must be at least a year old.
- No VAC bans on your account!
- CoolS is forbidden to win this since he won the first dragon king!

360fx360f.png

M4A4 (Dragon King) -- MB-BCE9263D140CCA82 - Taken by Ludono. 40 entrants total.

t1426091663z1.png

MayMay

Banned
Extremely nice of you... You the real MVP (not astou, mokoi, shadow, or Omega all of which I have told)
In before 300+ lurkers come out to play.

They always do. It's like some people just check the thread for giveaways and thats it lol

Very awesome giveaway, Strazyplus :)

Haroon

Extremely nice of you... You the real MVP (not astou, mokoi, shadow, or Omega all of which I have told)
In before 300+ lurkers come out to play.

Damn. Did not even bother to spell my alias right. Atsou will remember this.

Still not beaten.

garath

I started using the M4A4 over the M4A1-S recently. Would be nice to use a certain skin on it. :D

I've flip flopped a bunch. I'm back to the M4A4 myself again. The extra ammo is very valuable to me. Plus the lack of recoil on the S actually messes with me lol

Overdoziz

Banned
I've flip flopped a bunch. I'm back to the M4A4 myself again. The extra ammo is very valuable to me. Plus the lack of recoil on the S actually messes with me lol
Considering how often Ts just rush a site at nova/mg rank it's probably best to have the extra ammo.

Rivitur

Banned
Damn. Did not even bother to spell my alias right. Atsou will remember this.

Still not beaten.
I swear I always spell your name wrong lol I just don't know why I mix up the damn S and the T. I also thought about whether or not I did spell it right but apparently I didn't :(

I also misspelled xizk for a while but since he's not my friend no more I just don't know.....

Rivitur

Banned
ff79dbb28d.jpg

Get rekt Hotline Miami 2
I refuse to look at those skewed statistics! Think about the pirates damnit! Think about the pirates!

Logic sasy that the entire population of Australia is playing the game right now as they said they have been given the green light to pirate it.

MayMay

Banned
I really hope fnatic get eliminated in the group stage of Katowice just because someone in their org decided this cringeworthy video should be released XD

ChrisW

such low productions values, it started off o.........k..... but then the finger pointing just took it to a whole new low

Top Bottom