• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

haveheart

Banned
Well, im Supreme on my main account and its impossible to play MM if you're Supreme/GE. Wallhacks, triggers, aimbotters, spinners almost every single game.
ESEA/Faceit/Cevo is nice if you want clean games, but they dont have any ranking system so alot of the times I get people who just started to play with me against veterans, which is bullshit.
But even if they had a ranking system, going to third parties should be an option, not a last resort.

And im not going to lose games on purpose and screw my team just so I can derank, I needd to figure something out.

And this is exactly the point with smurfs in MM. I understand that you want to avoid cheaters in higher ranks.
How you feel about ESEA/Faceit, playing with lower ranks is exactly how I feel about MM when playing against smurfs.

I understand why you are smurfing. I think, however, that most smurfs do it for the lulz, boosting, etc.

Just to clarify, I see that smurfs (like you) are not the cause for bad MM but just a symptom of shitty anti-cheat...

Lourio

I also didn't enter - damn lurkers. Gratz Ludono.

Off topic but what you guys say, H1Z1 or DayZ? I have enough in my wallet for H1Z1.

Lourio

You have one.

I know.. still jelly? :-D

Ask littleworm he seems to love h1z1 and from what I heard DayZ is still a buggy mess.

I'm hesitant to buy H1Z1 because it will be F2P eventually. And yea, DayZ is a bloody mess from what I been reading/watching. I love watching FRANKIEonPCin1080p DayZ Youtbe videos - he's making me want the game so badly.

1st world problems.

Lourio

Whoa.

Capture.png

lol.

Lourio

I entered.
To use it for a trade up contract if I won.

Hyped as fuck to see C9 get eliminated in group stages.

I'd like to see Fnatic get eliminated after that watching that video...

I better see CS-GAF Steam chat getting some <3. I always enjoy partaking in it :-D

Overdoziz

Banned
I also didn't enter - damn lurkers. Gratz Ludono.

Off topic but what you guys say, H1Z1 or DayZ? I have enough in my wallet for H1Z1.
Depends on what kind of gameplay you like. H1Z1 runs well, is very arcade-y, has a tiny map, very limited player model render distance, little variety in items and has base building. DayZ runs like shite if you're in cities, is very realistic, has a huge map, allows you to see players from miles away, has a ton of different items but barely has any sort of persistence like H1Z1 does.

Both can be a lot of fun for different reasons. Also, Frankie's DayZ videos are not an accurate representation of what playing the game is like. Crazy stuff can definitely happen, but 90% of the game is running around trying to find loot.
Really? Are you kidding me?
Ü

Lourio

What rank are you? I have about 500-600 hours. I dont know how much afk this guy was, but his game had 225 hours over a 2 week span. That equates to ~16 hours a day. WTF

Gold Nova 2 with 75 wins. I play alot of casual on friendly community servers.

Lourio

lol. I hate playing with randoms, and it's hard to play with a solid group of guys. I'll play the odd games here and there with a couple of GAFers if not I'll play comp. with my cousin.

CS <3

Divius

Good enough for me. Check PM

Was going to do the raffle but hey you took time to say me so what the hell.
Yay, thanks! I scrolled past that post and expected someone else to have responded to it but no one had and I heard the game is dope. Also no PM in my inbox. :c

I think it's time to start thinking about betting. Might do sort of a brain storm with some people I know.

The games schedule couldn't be worse, games at 12h and such.

KiDdYoNe

Hey guys.

I started watching games 2 weeks ago... and betting, of course. And after tonight's game (mouz vs CW) i thought "oh maybe there's GAFfers who are into that kinda stuff. And here you are.

So just wanted to say hi, whine a little and hopefully read some good posts/info/thought about betting and CS:GO in general :)

Excited for Katowice. Less excited for the time zone. Earliest match seems to start at 11pm for us Australians.

Yeah, it start at like 1 am for me (pst), or something like that. I have class until 10 pm tonight anyways, so might as well just stay up.

Rivitur

Banned
Hey guys.

I started watching games 2 weeks ago... and betting, of course. And after tonight's game (mouz vs CW) i thought "oh maybe there's GAFfers who are into that kinda stuff. And here you are.

So just wanted to say hi, whine a little and hopefully read some good posts/info/thought about betting and CS:GO in general :)
Stick around with Katowice here you will get that and more :p

Also Katowice streams can be found here: http://www.esl-one.com/csgo/katowice-2015/live-streams/

Overdoziz

Banned
Hey guys.

all in

Someone convince me not to buy my first set of keys and open some cases. I have terrible luck and know this will be a waste of money. I'm kinda half proud of my never opening a case streak but lately I've been tempted.

Xizk

I think I'll skip the first day of betting :<
I want to wait and see how the teams react to the game :<

But the group stages is the best time to beat as long as you don't bet on favorites. Only need a few wins to profit and it's bo1 so a lot of "upsets" happen because people don't realize every team can take 1 map from each other.

Rivitur

Banned
Someone convince me not to buy my first set of keys and open some cases. I have terrible luck and know this will be a waste of money. I'm kinda half proud of my never opening a case streak but lately I've been tempted.
Go play the csgo case opening game on the web. That will simulate the experience.

Clydefrog

Hey guys.

Welcome! Have you taken the exam yet?

Multiple choice and short answer section:

Do you buy armor on the first round?

As a terrorist on the second round after a first round win, what weapon would you buy?
A. UMP
B. Tec-9
C. PP Bizon
D. AK-47

As a CT on the second round after a first round loss, what weapon would you buy?
A. P250
B. Nothing (keep the stock pistol)
C. Five Seven
D. Armor + [insert pistol choice]

Do you fake defuse?

You have an unruly teammate friend (let’s call him “udiie”) who is consistently buying wrong guns, yelling on the mic and rushing with the bomb. How do you handle him?
A. Mute him. He should be capable of getting more kills than a bot anyway.
B. Vote-kick him from the team and accept having a bot for the rest of the game.
C. Mute him, report him, and delete him from your friends list.
D. Praise him because you’re both being dicks on the team!

As terrorists, when preparing to rush and take a site in an eco-round, what is the team’s best option:
A. Smokes first, flashes second.
B. Decoys for the other side of the map as quickly as you can and then throw nothing on the site you’re going to.
C. Decoys first, flashes second.
D. Flashes first, HE grenades second.

What is the current percentage of cheaters (any kind) in the total Valve MM system? Please choose the answer closest to yours.
A. 1%
B. 5%
C. 10%
D. 25%

On de_cache as a CT, you’re in charge of watching mid (from wherever you see fit). Of the following weapons, which would be your first choice?
A. M4A1-S
B. AWP
C. M4A4
D. P90

And now for the essay part of the exam. You may choose to answer two of the following three questions:

Name three examples where it is preferable to use a scout rather than an AWP.

Let’s evaluate latency (ping, choke, loss, etc.) vs. your computer specifications (FPS, monitor, mouse, etc.). Which affects your performance more and why?

Please describe and analyze three “pros” and three “cons” of Valve’s current matchmaking (MM) and ranking system. If possible, please provide feedback on how to improve the “cons”.

Top Bottom