• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

udiie

Do you buy armor on the first round?
I dont buy armor on any round; how else would i afford to buy an awp 2nd round?

As a terrorist on the second round after a first round win, what weapon would you buy?
A. UMP
B. Tec-9
C. PP Bizon
D. AK-47
E. AWP

As a CT on the second round after a first round loss, what weapon would you buy?
A. P250
B. Nothing (keep the stock pistol)
C. Five Seven
D. Armor + [insert pistol choice]
E. Deagle, but i dont lose first rounds

Do you fake defuse?
Pros dont fake

You have an unruly teammate friend (let’s call him “udiie”) who is consistently buying wrong guns, yelling on the mic and rushing with the bomb. How do you handle him?
A. Mute him. He should be capable of getting more kills than a bot anyway.
B. Vote-kick him from the team and accept having a bot for the rest of the game.
C. Mute him, report him, and delete him from your friends list.
D. Praise him because you’re both being dicks on the team!
E. This udiie guy sounds like a pretty cool dude. Add him on steam

As terrorists, when preparing to rush and take a site in an eco-round, what is the team’s best option:
A. Smokes first, flashes second.
B. Decoys for the other side of the map as quickly as you can and then throw nothing on the site you’re going to.
C. Decoys first, flashes second.
D. Flashes first, HE grenades second.
E. Molotov the entrance to site, effectively losing the round instantly

What is the current percentage of cheaters (any kind) in the total Valve MM system? Please choose the answer closest to yours.
A. 1%
B. 5%
C. 10%
D. 25%
E. 100% - Everyone who kills me is instantly a hacker

On de_cache as a CT, you’re in charge of watching mid (from wherever you see fit). Of the following weapons, which would be your first choice?
A. M4A1-S
B. AWP - Because how else would i hit those no scopes?
C. M4A4
D. P90

And now for the essay part of the exam. You may choose to answer two of the following three questions:

Name three examples where it is preferable to use a scout rather than an AWP.
It's never preferable, as the AWP is the only gun worth using, outside of the deagle.

Let’s evaluate latency (ping, choke, loss, etc.) vs. your computer specifications (FPS, monitor, mouse, etc.). Which affects your performance more and why?
Whichever item costs the least to smash (PC>Monitor>Keyboard>Mouse=Router)

Please describe and analyze three “pros” and three “cons” of Valve’s current matchmaking (MM) and ranking system. If possible, please provide feedback on how to improve the “cons”.
Pro = allows me to smurf, feel more like kennys
Pro = literally no cheat protection, so i can freely aimbot without reprocussion
Pro = lets me play with higher ranked players (clydefrog), and make them feel like plebs

Con = allows others to smurf, making me feel less like kennys
Con = literally no cheat protection, so i can get aimbotted, or accuse anyone else of aimbotting
Con = lets me play with higher ranks, where i get crushed like some kind of nova pleb

Overdoziz

Banned
PP Bizon

As a terrorist on the second round after a first round win, what weapon would you buy?
PP Bizon

As a CT on the second round after a first round loss, what weapon would you buy?
PP Bizon

Do you fake defuse?
PP Bizon

You have an unruly teammate friend (let’s call him “udiie”) who is consistently buying wrong guns, yelling on the mic and rushing with the bomb. How do you handle him?
PP Bizon

As terrorists, when preparing to rush and take a site in an eco-round, what is the team’s best option:
PP Bizon

What is the current percentage of cheaters (any kind) in the total Valve MM system? Please choose the answer closest to yours.
PP Bizon

On de_cache as a CT, you’re in charge of watching mid (from wherever you see fit). Of the following weapons, which would be your first choice?
PP Bizon

Mokoi

Banned
S5Ni3wy.jpg
Volvo fix game breaking bug. Now I can 360 no scope.

Ludono

Holy shit I actually won a modbot thing? I didn't think it was possible hahahaha

Since I made a promise to create my own giveaway in the case that I ever won anything....probably when I get back from Indonesia and after Katowice... look forward to it ;D

Also wow at the amount of entries xD

EDIT: I STILL CANT GET MY BET IN FOR OVERALL WINNER AT KATOWICE. Fucking Lounge.

I would have bought a personal bot...but too bad keys aren't tradable for a week.... its like they dont want me to waste my money D:<

udiie

EDIT: I STILL CANT GET MY BET IN FOR OVERALL WINNER AT KATOWICE. Fucking Lounge.

I would have bought a personal bot...but too bad keys aren't tradable for a week.... its like they dont want me to waste my money D:<

i couldnt either, so i disabled loungedestroyer and it worked

CoolS

god dammit, no CS GO news site works here at work. Will have to F5 smash the HLTV twitter to be "up to date" on the matches.

CoolS

Depends. Used to do it on pistol round as T, but with the Tec9 in it's recent state, going for the pistol buy always seems preferable. CT I usually stock up on nades, since you get rekt by the Tec9 even if you have armor.

A. UMP Works way to well on my current level, so I'll keep doing it.
B. Tec-9
C. PP Bizon
D. AK-47

A. P250
C. Five Seven
D. Armor + [insert pistol choice] I can't count the times we won second round CT armor pistol. Feels so satisfying.

Do you fake defuse?
Sometimes. Somehow, I rarely end up in clutch situations though. I prefer to stick it if I have a kit though.

You have an unruly teammate friend (let&#8217;s call him &#8220;udiie&#8221;) who is consistently buying wrong guns, yelling on the mic and rushing with the bomb. How do you handle him?
B. Vote-kick him from the team and accept having a bot for the rest of the game.
D. Praise him because you&#8217;re both being dicks on the team!

As terrorists, when preparing to rush and take a site in an eco-round, what is the team&#8217;s best option:
B. Decoys for the other side of the map as quickly as you can and then throw nothing on the site you&#8217;re going to.

A. 1%
B. 5%
C. 10%
D. 25%

On de_cache as a CT, you&#8217;re in charge of watching mid (from wherever you see fit). Of the following weapons, which would be your first choice?

A. M4A1-S
B. AWP
C. M4A4
D. P90

And now for the essay part of the exam. You may choose to answer two of the following three questions:

If you are guarding a spot where jump scouting is viable, e.g. into Apps on B mirage.
If you know for sure the other team won't be buying armor.
If you are kennyS smurfing

Let&#8217;s evaluate latency (ping, choke, loss, etc.) vs. your computer specifications (FPS, monitor, mouse, etc.). Which affects your performance more and why?

I'd say computer specifications. My ping is always around 30-60, so there isn't much to improve there.
A few of my mates recently got 144 Hz monitors and improved a lot with that, so I'm definitely looking forward to buying one next month.

I guess I'll try using the twitch mobile to get drops while at university today.
I left my computer at home on and opened the esl twitch page. Will the stream start by itself once it starts? Does anyone know?

rObit

Banned
I wanna play! From someone who doesn't do MM, just community servers:

Multiple choice and short answer section:

Yep.

A. UMP
B. Tec-9
C. PP Bizon
D. AK-47

A. P250
C. Five Seven
D. Armor + [default]

Do you fake defuse?

Hell yes I do.

D. Praise him because you’re both being dicks on the team!
E. Globally mute him on the server and maybe set him on fire.

B. Decoys for the other side of the map as quickly as you can and then throw nothing on the site you’re going to.
E. Fuck grenades. Shooting is better.

A. 1%
B. 5%
C. 10%
D. 25%

A. M4A1-S
B. AWP
C. M4A4
D. P90

1. When you want to look cool.
2. When you are on T and you have a Tec-9.
3. Any time you want to be a cool guy and do jump shots (Nuke outside, Mirage mid T-side)

Let’s evaluate latency (ping, choke, loss, etc.) vs. your computer specifications (FPS, monitor, mouse, etc.). Which affects your performance more and why?

I'll say latency is a bigger issue only because you have less control over it. You can get a new mouse, change your config for better fps, stuff like that to improve your setup. But with latency, sometimes the server sucks and you can't do anything about that, or you might not have other internet options in your area if it's on your end.

Do I get a $5 Amazon gift card or something for completing this?

left your name off your exam fool! any sneak thief could slap their johnny hancock right across the dome piece of that fine work. just sayin friend.

also went to leave twitch idling and apparently i won a heroes of the storm beta key from that pax raffle the other day. neat! more deranks to come!

udiie

You have an unruly teammate friend (let&#8217;s call him &#8220;udiie&#8221;) who is consistently buying wrong guns, yelling on the mic and rushing with the bomb. How do you handle him?
E. Globally mute him on the server and maybe set him on fire.
as a valued member of this community i am both offended and hurt
jk

Shadownet

Banned
All these mofo in CS run on Grace Chen's time or something.

If the damn match scheduled for 8 am, then it better damn start at 8 am.

Hixx

I still haven't played Cobblestone since the changes.

Also I can understand the delays in online games because a myriad of things can happen but surely this massive LAN event could have had the match start less than 35 mins after it was advertised to start. Unless HLTV was wrong and it was scheduled for 12.30.

Wunder

New Cbble is super cool! They've made it so T side is much more winnable and it isn't some 15-0 bullshit blowout. Rotations and timings are still quite hard, but at the very least it is a half decent map.

Top Bottom