• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Haroon

Do you buy armor on the first round?
NO

As a terrorist on the second round after a first round win, what weapon would you buy?
A. UMP
B. Tec-9
PP Bizon
D. AK-47

As a CT on the second round after a first round loss, what weapon would you buy?
A. P250
B. Nothing (keep the stock pistol)
Five Seven
D. Armor + [insert pistol choice]
Do you fake defuse?
YES

You have an unruly teammate friend (let’s call him “udiie”) who is consistently buying wrong guns, yelling on the mic and rushing with the bomb. How do you handle him?
A. Mute him. He should be capable of getting more kills than a bot anyway.
Vote-kick him from the team and accept having a bot for the rest of the game.
C. Mute him, report him, and delete him from your friends list.
D. Praise him because you’re both being dicks on the team!

As terrorists, when preparing to rush and take a site in an eco-round, what is the team’s best option:
A. Smokes first, flashes second.
B. Decoys for the other side of the map as quickly as you can and then throw nothing on the site you’re going to.
C. Decoys first, flashes second.
D. Flashes first, HE grenades second.

What is the current percentage of cheaters (any kind) in the total Valve MM system? Please choose the answer closest to yours.
A. 1%
B. 5%
C. 10%
25%

On de_cache as a CT, you’re in charge of watching mid (from wherever you see fit). Of the following weapons, which would be your first choice?
A. M4A1-S
AWP
C. M4A4
D. P90

And now for the essay part of the exam. You may choose to answer two of the following three questions:

Name three examples where it is preferable to use a scout rather than an AWP.
1. When you're screwing around, and want to get some scout kills to get an achievement.

Let’s evaluate latency (ping, choke, loss, etc.) vs. your computer specifications (FPS, monitor, mouse, etc.). Which affects your performance more and why?

The things that affect my performance are the sixtyfour tick servers, the lack of optimization for the game, and hit registration bugs. Whenever I have played in one hundred twentyeight tick servers, I have found the game to be more smoother, and I feel that it improve my performance dramatically. It is similar to going from sixty hertz to one hundred twenty hertz (or one hundred forty four, but I have not experienced the difference yet).

The reason why I mentioned the lack of optimization is because I have a superb computer that is currently running on a 770 GTX with i7 5820k Overclocked at 4.5 Ghz. You would think that I would have no problems running at the at over five hundred fps, o r more. But the highest that I have been able to achieve is two hundred fifty fps. I could attempt to reformat my computer to see whether that would affect the performance positively, but I have far too many important files within my current Windows setup to go through that all over again.

Finally, I have had situations in which I had clearly hit my shot from my point of view, but the server decided that the hitbox should be at some other place than where the character model was standing, running, or jumping. They had the same issues back in CS 1.6 as well, and to see them reappear in Global Offensive is a shame. My understanding of how the network code works within Online Multi-Player games is very little so, perhaps the problem is unsolvable at this stage due to significant increase in keeping up expensive servers? Well, whatever the case may be. I hope that the problems that I have mentioned above are fixed. I think that fixing these problems will improve the gameplay experience for users that are playing right now, and the ones that will come after us.

Please describe and analyze three “pros” and three “cons” of Valve’s current matchmaking (MM) and ranking system. If possible, please provide feedback on how to improve the “cons”.

Pros 1: It's an amazing system that enables us to match up against other people in a competitive setting without having to go into the server browser to look for a server.

Pros 2: It has a ranking system that puts people with different skill levels to their own category so that the chances of them facing someone much more skilled than them is reduced.

Pros 3: It continues to update the map selection with some of the older maps that were used in the previous versions of Counter-Strike.

Cons 1: The servers have the tendency to crash, and burn at times. In the past, there were many times when I was playing a match using the Competitive Matchmaking system, and the servers would become so bad that it would be literally impossible for me to move to another location on the map.

Cons 2: The Matchmaking system is fantastic, but it needs to be revised further. There are these players that smurf accounts. There are many reasons why there are smurfs in CS, and some of them are legitimate reasons. But there are some players that make a smurf account to be toxic to lower skilled players. There must be a system in place to put those toxic players together after a specific amount of negative feedback has been put upon those toxic players.

Cons 3: There are people that play in Global Offensive leagues, and most of the leagues use custom servers that have a one hundred twentyeight tickrate. Going from sixty four tickrate to one hundred twentyeight tickrate is not good for consistent gameplay. We know that Global Offensive is all about consistency, and to have it not be consistent in this case is bad because those players that play in leagues would be at a disadvantage by playing in the Valve servers since Valve does not offer one hundred twentyeight tickrate servers.

curlycare

Oh yiss finally got a souvenir case. And it's cobblestone too. My heart wants to open it but my brain says no no. Or the other way around.

Rivitur

Banned
2/2 in predictions but due to only having 2 skins 0/0 lol

Thinking f3>Na'vi but these damn random maps and Na'vi lan might show up scare me :/

Rivitur

Banned
Did you pick LGB vs Penta?

Nv or Titan? Leaning NV but not that sure.
Small bet on LGB is also tmepting vs Penta
And I think HR will beat CLG
Not 100%, confident at the time but the more I thought about it the more I though without the igl penta would lose and then when I saw D2 I just knew they would lose. (Of course it was too late to bet by that time)

Ensirius

I almost lost my p90 asiimov with NvUs, damn. That was too close.
Now, for the next matches..

Hr vs CLG? What to do? I am leaning towards HR.

Rivitur

Banned
No one told me you can molly hut on Nuke from inside hut as a T. (You aim at the light and throw it, then it spreads to the top of hut)

CoolS

Wow. Titan already out. Kind of expected that tbh.

The real question is, can Na'Vi beat fnatic, and if not how will Vox do against them.

More Cobblestone.

therapist

Wow titan already out?

They sure havent been playing that well lately , almost feels like a throw sometimes.

Im so upset i cant watch this , damn work

Top Bottom