• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Rivitur

Banned
Seriously what wtf is with the 3dmax odds!? 54/46 in a BO2? Its either you get your returns back or win if you bet 3dmax there is no losing against a 3rd tier team like PD. Someone swayed odds or something.

11-0 3dmax in map 1

Xizk

Seriously what wtf is with the 3dmax odds!? 54/46 in a BO2? Its either you get your returns back or win if you bet 3dmax there is no losing against a 3rd tier team like PD. Someone swayed odds or something.

11-0 3dmax in map 1

Well PD are amazing on cache or something as they beat Orbit on it twice. I know too little about them to risk a bet. And I don't know how to rate 3Dmax yet. VP took first map against NV. If the odds vs NIP stay below 20% I might go big hmm. No way NIP should have 80% against another tier 1 team. In fact no tier 1 team should have more than 60% against another(maybe fnatic but eh).

Rivitur

Banned
Well PD are amazing on cache or something as they beat Orbit on it twice. I know too little about them to risk a bet.
OK so hear me out here:

We can both agree that 3dmax is a solid tier 2 team right? They have constantly won online qualifiers and have gotten 2 digit rounds against tier 1 team. Now this match is a against a their 3 team (just take my word on that) so tier 2v3 in a BO2 and if PD are good on cache then OK they win cache but there is no way in hell they will beat 3dmax 2 games in a row at 50/50 odds. IMO this march is the safest bet in the past month. Reason being either you will get the win on 3dmax 2-0 or they will tie 1-1 and you will just get your returns.

Of course its too late for me to say this but I needed to get it out :/

And the second map is Nuke apparently lol

Xizk

OK so hear me out here:

We can both agree that 3dmax is a solid tier 2 team right? They have constantly won online qualifiers and have gotten 2 digit rounds against tier 1 team. Now this match is a against a their 3 team (just take my word on that) so tier 2v3 in a BO2 and if PD are good on cache then OK they win cache but there is no way in hell they will beat 3dmax 2 games in a row at 50/50 odds. IMO this march is the safest bet in the past month. Reason being either you will get the win on 3dmax 2-0 or they will tie 1-1 and you will just get your returns.

Of course its too late for me to say this but I needed to get it out :/

And the second map is Nuke apparently lol

They got smashed by Orbit last time I bet on them so I need to see some more matches from them to properly rate them against other teams but yeah bo2 are pretty safe but also less of a chance at actually winning them as so many end 1-1 :p

MoonGred

Hi all

I recently really got into cs go after having it installed for over a year and never playing it. I played a fair bit of 1.6 in the day but that feels like ages ago.
I played around with MM and have 1 win to go until I get my rank, at the end of each match I'm usual 1st or 2nd and all the ranked people are silver rank 4(?) does this mean my rank will most likely be the same?
So far I learned the hard way that having mic bound to"k" is a disaster.
Anything else I should know?

Also valve has me sucked in with these fkn cases that usually contain crap, am I wasting money opening them all?

Hi all

I recently really got into cs go after having it installed for over a year and never playing it. I played a fair bit of 1.6 in the day but that feels like ages ago.
I played around with MM and have 1 win to go until I get my rank, at the end of each match I'm usual 1st or 2nd and all the ranked people are silver rank 4(?) does this mean my rank will most likely be the same?

Also valve has me sucked in with these fkn cases that usually contain crap, am I wasting money opening them all?

Yes, you'll most likely be Silver ranks if you're being paired with them for your placements. Also cases are pretty much gambling! Just buy or trade for the skins you really want from the market, cases are a waste of money a majority of the time.

MayMay

Banned

Hey =D

Yeah, seems like you'll be placed somewhere around that rank.

Mic on K? Damn. Just put it on a mouse button or capslock lol.

YES, please don't open them all. It's not worth it lol

Shadownet

Banned
Hi all

You won't know what your rank will be till you get it. You could be around silver or you could be a legendary eagle master. Tbh, for most people, the first rank they get isn't really a true testament to their skill level. Usually a month goes by, if you're leveling up fast then chances are, your true rank is a higher. But if you're still a silver then yeah.. time to practice harder.

And yes opening cases is a waste of money.

Clydefrog

Ignore the people in this thread who say "I got a $300 knife from opening a case!"

They are Valve employees posing as players who just want you to waste your money.

MoonGred

Thanks all.
I'll try to keep my case opening to a minimum, it's just that "or an exceedingly rare item" that gets me every single time.

Is silver the lowest rank or is there a bronze?

Edit: don't get me started on knives, the animation of a butterfly knife is gorgeous, I was set on buying one from the marketplace until I saw the price, 300$ for an in game item hahah

Thanks all.
I'll try to keep my case opening to a minimum, it's just that "or an exceedingly rare item" that gets me every single time.

Is silver the lowest rank or is there a bronze?

Silver is the lowest bracket, here's an image. Don't really worry about your rank, just focus on improving and the rank will come naturally.

4B5F35CBE7C878C4D17D6808B237A56EEC61D253

MoonGred

Oh no don't get me wrong I'm not worried about my rank at all, I might have been in my teen years but I don't have the reflexes for it anymore, I just want to have fun. I can't picture anything worse that getting put in a skill bracket that's too high for me and getting butchered round after round.

Also what happened to Aztec, nobody wants to play it anymore =(

udiie

Oh no don't get me wrong I'm not worried about my rank at all, I might have been in my teen years but I don't have the reflexes for it anymore, I just want to have fun. I can't picture anything worse that getting put in a skill bracket that's too high for me and getting butchered round after round.

Also what happened to Aztec, nobody wants to play it anymore =(

i agree
i went from playing cs on xbox to playing on pc a few years later and my first instinct was to queue up for aztec. impossible to find a match

soultron

Banned
Just paid for Wolfenstein Old Blood by selling off Dragon Kings rotting in my inventory. Yesssss.

The value of the Chroma case is dropping now (I think because of the end of Op Vanguard coming soon), so I figured that would devalue the Dragon King to <10, so now is the time.

And thus concludes another episodes of soultron's CSGO Steam Market Speculation.

MoonGred

Aztec is amazing!
Dust 1 on the other hand would be my most hated map to play as T, especially this new revision.

How do you get these operation things? Did I miss the boat on these, if so is there another starting soon?

MoonGred

Sabot how many cases did you open prior to that one.

This betting thing looks so complicated, I guess you need to have some items of value before you can participate?

Xizk

Sabot how many cases did you open prior to that one.

This betting thing looks so complicated, I guess you need to have some items of value before you can participate?

Well if you get tempted to open cases just think about this: I've opened about 400 and I've gotten 2 knives. Have fun.

MoonGred

Oh god, please don't tell me you bought keys for all of them? Regardless of that, you would've received additional items of some value right? Don't some ak/awp/M4 go for 200$+ as well ?

Xizk

Oh god, please don't tell me you bought keys for all of them? Regardless of that, you would've received additional items of some value right? Don't some ak/awp/M4 go for 200$+ as well ?

Nah most of them came from betting + flipping on steam market. I can tell you I have gotten knives more often than other items worth over 10€. I don't think I've ever gotten anything over 10€ that wasn't a knife.

Mokoi

Banned
I hate when my hands feel hella weird (can't really feel them). Happens every so often like the season match I just played. Also midterms blow.

How did 1024x768 feel overdoiz?

Yeah those odds on NV were really nice. Was thinking of betting more but was scared. Won back what VP lost me and I got some profit too.

Whats the extension you use for Lounge? I recently reformatted my PC and lost Lounge Companion, but yours looks slightly better.

Top Bottom