• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

CoolS

Why use 800DPI instead of 1600DPI? And why do some use crazy low resolution?

because it's much easier to do small ajustments for aiming and be more consistent. I didn't believe it at first, but it really helps in the long run.

Shadownet

Banned
There is no secret agenda or anything. People just need to realize that sometimes they need to shut up, think about stuff before you say them and stop being such a Debbie downer.

Its just a game. Just have fun.

omg you guys use so low sensivity, I use 5.2 currently and its nice for awp but sometimes a bit too fast when I'm panicking hahaha

5.2 is quite high, like really high. I personally use 1.7.

I never really changed my dpi though, just been using the default of 1000. Might play around with it now.

Lourio

The subtle bullying against me that is happening in the USGAF group everytime Omega is involved is really tiresome.

People switching the fucking Mumble channel when I'm in it.. smh.

Omega needs to stop being a manipulative asshole.

Anyways, that said - <3 EUGAF. Had alot of fun with you guys in the past couple of days lol

:-(

Where's the <3 CSGAF?

/brohug

Lourio

What sensitivity do you guys play at? I use 1.5 which is nice for scoring headshots at long range, but can be annoying when the enemy gets close.

2.5 / 400 DPI

Oh yea forgot to mention, I did manage to receive a Dust 2 Grand Finale Souvenir package. Suck on that haters! :-D

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I haven't looked at my mouse settings since I started playing. I was at like 7.6 and 1200 dpi

Holy shit. Maybe I won't be so awful now that I fixed it. 400 dpi seems way too sluggish, I'll probably stick with 800. I have a mouse that I can switch it on the fly

cresto

i use 2.0 on default dpi

why most of them play on 4:3 resolution? does it help with aim?

Most pro's come from the CRT days and are just accustomed to this res. Also, there is no issue with performance as that is hugely important. Any dip in fps could mean life or death to pros. Some say that models are stretched slightly making for an easier target to hit. Personally, I dont think it makes a difference. I think its harder to see people in pit long a on this res, but it helps if you have AA on.

Mokoi

Banned
And why do some use crazy low resolution?
I originally used it so I can get 75hz on my old monitor, but yeah I love it now. I like my game looking shitty, and since everything is bigger it's easier to hit people. I can't awp for shit on 16:9, and I the game randomly gets choppy as hell when using a higher res..
:-(

Where's the <3 CSGAF?

/brohug
Everyone just needs to get high.

Now you guys have me messing with all my settings! I think I'll stick with 1.6 and 800 dpi now, just been DM with it the past couple of hours. I do feel more precise, but I'm also messing up easy kills. Guess it just takes time to get use to new settings.

MayMay

Banned
After alot of attempts to find the perfect sensitivity for me a while ago, I stopped at 4 ingame sens, 800DPI and 0.66 scope sensitivity.

Some people might consider this a very high sensitivity, but for me it's not at all. It's pretty much as low as I can go with my style of aiming.

Playing with it works super well though, AWPing and rifling.

Clydefrog

The subtle bullying against me that is happening in the USGAF group everytime Omega is involved is really tiresome.

People switching the fucking Mumble channel when I'm in it.. smh.

Omega needs to stop being a manipulative asshole.

Anyways, that said - <3 EUGAF. Had alot of fun with you guys in the past couple of days lol

You guys have your own mumble?

and I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs...

MayMay

Banned
You guys have your own mumble?

and I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs...

Yeah, it's Atsous mumble. Gonna run out and stop existing in a few days though (I forgot when exactly) - but there's most likely gonna be a replacement using a different provider.
It's not like we're always in there though, it's usually just during mm matches or for a while after - so more often than not it's empty. (Oh, during majors we tend to be in there too)

Don't you play a bunch with udiie? He's in there too from time to time lol

Gonna put the info in email tags, so quote to reveal. But yeah, it's usually empty.

MayMay

Banned
There's quite a few interesting bets today.. hmm.. wonder if I should.

NiP vs TSM is especially interesting, TSM is out for revenge. They might take it in a bo1

Twitch seems to have fallen over for a bit

qfGOaYj.jpg

garath

Despite most of the pros at 400dpi, I've seen evidence that having your mouse at the native DPI and then adjust the in-game sensitivity from there would provide the most accurate tracking.

I leave my sensei RAW at native CPI which is 1620. My in-game is 1 (which is equivalent to 2 in-game for ~800dpi which is about where Hiko is at). I've tweaked it up and down and 1 is the best fit for me.

Pros have extremely low sensitivity but also have giant mouse pads and do big sweeping motions to move around. I've never been able to come around to that.

Clydefrog

Don't you play a bunch with udiie? He's in there too from time to time lol

thanks for the link. will check out.

I've invited you multiple times to play but noooooo

loooooooool WHAT A LIE

if anything, I’m always inviting you and you are coming up with excuses:

“I’m doing hw”
“I just quit playing with [x], [y], and [z]. Tired.”
“I’m playing de_weirdcustommap, sorry”
“The Canucks are winning!”
“I’m dumb and stupid but glhf, great master Clydefrog”

udiie

loooooooool WHAT A LIE

“I’m doing hw”

thats not true, the canucks are hardly ever winning when i watch them
i have lots of excuses lately though, will admit.
in a week or so, i should be game to play a lot

Lourio

loooooooool WHAT A LIE

“I’m doing hw”

I'm at work :p
lol

Shadownet

Banned
loooooooool WHAT A LIE

“I’m doing hw”
Yep, sound like udiie.

cresto

Twitch seems to have fallen over for a bit

Glad its not just me. My work just sent me a notice saying I have some sort of IRC botnet running on my comp and the username comes from twitch.tv. Never fucked around with that shit before so I wonder if twitch is getting attacked.

Oh well

MayMay

Banned
loooooooool WHAT A LIE

“I’m doing hw”

lol

Rivitur

Banned
You all have some stupidly high sensitivity. Might be playing a large factor in your game.
Thank god I'm not over sensitive because that would hurt :(

I've been playing with high ass sensitivity with the majority of games I've ever played believe me this sensitivity is super slow and accurate compared to what I've played with. My scope sensitivity is .95 :p

Oh and my resolution is highest so that's probably why it seems slow to me.

Bets for today:
Dig>ducks
3dmax>ducks(this one is some stupid ass odds for 3dmax)

Makalelelelelel to LGB! Zeves is out of here!

loooooooool WHAT A LIE

“I’m doing hw”
udiie is a Canucks fan? I have my new favourite CSGO gaffer.

Odah

Banned
I have my best skins on TSM > NiP on Nuke

whenever I say cajun you say B

CAJUN?

B!!!

CAJUN?

B!!!

CAJUN B CAJUN B CAJUN B

Rivitur

Banned
The odds are good for TSM against NiP should be a hell of a game.

Just won my dig bets let's see what csgo has to give me :D

Xmg vs FM odds are finally evening out.

Fuck you csgo lounge;!!!!! They fucked me over again! They didn't give me my 10cent winnings!!! >:O

Top Bottom