• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

MayMay

Banned
Today I played with someone (friend of Odah) that went 46 - 10 in 23 rounds. 12 MVPs. Enemies were not completele shit either, they were around MG2-MGE iirc.

Literally Jesus. Shame he did not hit the 50 bomb.

Like god damn that guy was good 0_o

Rivitur

Banned
Can anyone explain what the point is of terrorist throwing a decoy in the mid of dust2 at the start of a round?
The thought would be to have the awper check the spot if at mid since you see a red dot at mid you assume he's spamming mid doors. However its probably just a "screw it I have 50$ to spare" buy that means nothing. There is however a strat where you throw a decoy as a CT around a corner and position your self by the wall away from the decoy so they check the decoy and assume no one is there.

Edit: 36-14!! 9mvps Fuckin bitch ass Volvo give me a break already.

Divius

Yeah those odds on NV were really nice.
Unfortunately I saw that bet too late, only after it had started. Would have gone all in on nV with all my accounts and bet my left nut too. nV wins that game 4 times out of 5. That fifth time being on a major where NiP thrives.

Rixxan

Ugh was averaging 15 RWS this month and after 5 or 6 slump pugs I'm down to 13 fml

So hot and cold these days, was so consistent when I was younger (probably because I played insane amounts of hours every week)

cresto

I know this is a pipe dream, but I am holding out hope that valve hasnt made any major patches to CSGO because they are working on porting it to source2 just like dota2. I just wish they would say something about it. There are so many outstanding problems with the game right now.

MayMay

Banned
An engine upgrade would be awesome, and should fix some bugs too.

The Dota 2 Dev branch with the weird frankenSource2 atm (weird mix between Source and Source 2) is already promising. Especially the editor is just miles ahead of the old Hammer and I had a blast working / playing around with it. Sadly I don't play Dota so I never did anything sensible.

To come back to the gif -- I wonder how more dynamic lights would affect the gameplay though. This might cause some problems if there end up being too many shadows. Maybe they'll reintroduce the flashlight into CSGO that they removed initially lol

soultron

Banned
An engine upgrade would be awesome, and should fix some bugs too.

The Dota 2 Dev branch with the weird frankenSource2 atm (weird mix between Source and Source 2) is already promising. Especially the editor is just miles ahead of the old Hammer and I had a blast working / playing around with it. Sadly I don't play Dota so I never did anything sensible.

To come back to the gif -- I wonder how more dynamic lights would affect the gameplay though. This might cause some problems if there end up being too many shadows. Maybe they'll reintroduce the flashlight into CSGO that they removed initially lol

You'd probably have to optimize so that certain visgroups in your maps only have n non-static lights. Also, there'd probably still be a baked lighting (and AO?) component for areas not affected by dynamic or the directional. So, if you had an interior with no directional light, maybe you'd have a bigger budget there.

It'd be really nice to add stuff like flickering or pulsing lights. Would really add to the atmosphere for certain themes. I'm building a map that's a high security data centre, embedded in a mountain (think of that BF4 mountain map mixed with cs_agency), and I'd love to be able to add rotating siren lights (no sounds) to set the tone that the area had been breached and cleared by the Ts. Maintenance pathways in the complex would have the siren lights. Security checkpoints that have been destroyed would have flickering/broken lighting. I can already see the value of having non-static lighting is what I'm trying to say.

Overdoziz

Banned
Halo's Forge mode being the closest thing I've been to using a map creator I can't say I'm too dissatisfied with the current Hammer. Haven't really done anything complex with it, though. Just basic shapes. Trying to recreate Halo 3's The Pit at the moment. A fun little project.

Odah

Banned
We don't need this dynamic lighting bs, all we need is a darude sandstorm music kit and we're square. God damnit it's 2015.

Shadownet

Banned
Halo's Forge mode being the closest thing I've been to using a map creator I can't say I'm too dissatisfied with the current Hammer. Haven't really done anything complex with it, though. Just basic shapes. Trying to recreate Halo 3's The Pit at the moment. A fun little project.

Forge mode was amazing. I think I spent half of my time in Halo 3 in there.

Kar

GG Valve.

00816053B265772EA0F41C129CD8DF765732CE6E

impact

Banned
Ugh was averaging 15 RWS this month and after 5 or 6 slump pugs I'm down to 13 fml

So hot and cold these days, was so consistent when I was younger (probably because I played insane amounts of hours every week)

People caring too much about stats is the biggest reason why ESEA sucks :|

vocab

Someone stats me on my first game after I killed him and couldn't believe a shitter with no stats killed him. My account is almost as old as he was. Oh esea.

cresto

People caring too much about stats is the biggest reason why ESEA sucks :|

I like to see my personal stats continue to grow in a positive direction. I care more about winning, which is why I get mad at people not carrying their own weight. People who do stupid shit deserve to get called out on it. I've found that people in ESEA are just as bad as MM when it comes to me telling them they did something wrong. They don't even listen to that fact that they did a stupid thing like push out double doors on B when we have the site and getting killed leaving us in a 2v3 and losing the round. They try to insult me in return because their tiny headed ego's can't handle the criticism. Another thing I hate is when people don't listen and just do their own thing effectively making the game all about the better aim and tends to get us a loss. Then there are those people who hate maps like overpass yet they leave it in their que and then bitch about the map instead of try to learn something new. It's all annoying no matter the platform.

Also, seems like people on ESEA don't know how to communicate teamwork. 2v2's and the comms are utterly silent usually ending in us losing.

Is using the Zeus an important part of the game. I've actually never considered buying one, just don't see the point of it.

Zeus is more of a joke than a viable purchase. It's all about humiliating the opponent and should not be used. You dont even get your money back. Cost = $400 Reward = $300. Stupid troll weapon.

impact

Banned
I like to see my personal stats continue to grow in a positive direction. I care more about winning, which is why I get mad at people not carrying their own weight. People who do stupid shit deserve to get called out on it. I've found that people in ESEA are just as bad as MM when it comes to me telling them they did something wrong. They don't even listen to that fact that they did a stupid thing like push out double doors on B when we have the site and getting killed leaving us in a 2v3 and losing the round. They try to insult me in return because their tiny headed ego's can't handle the criticism. Another thing I hate is when people don't listen and just do their own thing effectively making the game all about the better aim and tends to get us a loss. Then there are those people who hate maps like overpass yet they leave it in their que and then bitch about the map instead of try to learn something new. It's all annoying no matter the platform.

Also, seems like people on ESEA don't know how to communicate teamwork. 2v2's and the comms are utterly silent usually ending in us losing.

Zeus is more of a joke than a viable purchase. It's all about humiliating the opponent and should not be used. You dont even get your money back. Cost = $400 Reward = $300. Stupid troll weapon.

It all boils down to nerds that take this game way too seriously for people who will never attend a tournament, crying when you don't win a round where they got kills because rwsrwsrws is a fucking flawed stat that makes zero sense

stats is why I wish Valve would implement 128tick and an actual anti-cheat. MM would be so much better than ESEA if they just fixed those two huge issues. But they don't care so I'm stuck playing esea where virgins are typing .stats after 2-0. gg

Top Bottom