• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Rixxan

People caring too much about stats is the biggest reason why ESEA sucks :|

dont see any harm in caring about my performance, i have good karma and treat others with respect, and communicate / play well with my teammates

there are RWS trolls and people who care about stats whilest still being a positive member of the ESEA community - two entirely different types of players

cresto

It all boils down to nerds that take this game way too seriously for people who will never attend a tournament, crying when you don't win a round where they got kills because rwsrwsrws is a fucking flawed stat that makes zero sense

stats is why I wish Valve would implement 128tick and an actual anti-cheat. MM would be so much better than ESEA if they just fixed those two huge issues. But they don't care so I'm stuck playing esea where virgins are typing .stats after 2-0. gg

I agree, but I think you are lumping everyone into a very specific group of toxic players. Im not trying to take this game as serious as I used to with joining a team and putting in that kind of time. It's more the common sense mistakes that bug me. Just dont do stupid shit and there isnt any reason to get upset. I pay more attention to my ADR than RWS. I think its more important how much damage you contribute each round than how many times you plant the dumb bomb. I've come away with 25+ kills and have a sub 10 rws. Silly.

If you want to just have a casual experience, go play casual or MM. I pay good money to have a decent competitive environment without being a part of a team. I don't think that is asking too much.

impact

Banned
If you want to just have a casual experience, go play casual or MM. I pay good money to have a decent competitive environment without being a part of a team. I don't think that is asking too much.

Wow, thanks for the tip. I'll get right on that.

cresto

Wow, thanks for the tip. I'll get right on that.

Alright, Mr. Oversensitive. I wasn't referring to you personally, but I guess I struck a nerve. Same old argument I come across on a regular basis; "I just want to have fun." Well, what is fun about going 3-20 and losing the game? That's what I come across far too often playing ESEA. I think I am justified in getting annoying/upset with people with no actual game sense and who can't communicate. ESEA is about a competitive environment, not casual. Plain and simple.

impact

Banned
Alright, Mr. Oversensitive. I wasn't referring to you personally, but I guess I struck a nerve. Same old argument I come across on a regular basis; "I just want to have fun." Well, what is fun about going 3-20 and losing the game? That's what I come across far too often playing ESEA. I think I am justified in getting annoying/upset with people with no actual game sense and who can't communicate. ESEA is about a competitive environment, not casual. Plain and simple.

3-20? The one match we ever played together :/

I just don't take the game very serious because 1) it's not that good of a game and 2) I'm usually not sober when I play. That doesn't mean I'm going 3-20, I just don't bait for stats or yell at people when they lose rounds because OMG MY RWS. It's just random numbers dude. Whatever, apparently I'm in the minority that finds stats really dumb.

Divius

ez skins on the Copenhagen Wolves game

qUh8mh0.jpg

also 50ppp people step up your game

Odah

Banned
Copenhagen Wolves, easiest skins of my life

whoever all-in'd/max-bet on that game must have had like 3223 heartattacks lmao

rObit

Banned
"I'm going to stop making underdog bets. I haven't been winning them much. I'll go with the majority this time and see what happens."

*bets on K1CK*

Maybe I should just not do this betting thing anymore.

Lourio

Not sure if anyone here is Canadian, but theScore eSports app (Android only for now) is pretty great. Tried it out yesterday. For CSGO, it only has News so far, but in speaking with one of the devs on twitter, they're working to add live stat tracking and live match tickers/updates to the app ASAP.

For those interested, it's now available for iOS.

ArjanN

I just don't take the game very serious because 1) it's not that good of a game and 2) I'm usually not sober when I play. That doesn't mean I'm going 3-20, I just don't bait for stats or yell at people when they lose rounds because OMG MY RWS. It's just random numbers dude. Whatever, apparently I'm in the minority that finds stats really dumb.

Stats are fine if you don't take them too seriously. Personally I'd much rather play with straight up terrible players than with nerd-ragers who throw a fit over every perceived mistake. They never realize they only make things worse for everyone that way, including themselves.

cresto

Again, I was talking in generalities. You played well that game aside from not communicating a ton.

Your two reasons for not taking the game serious questions why you bother at all. Suppose there is a social aspect for you and that's fine.

Enough impact. To each their own. I use stats to keep tabs on my performance because that's how I am. I don't need to check stats every round. I just want to win and improve. It's as simple as that

trolho

Neo Member
The Katowice medal update is on.

And are these medals getting ugly. First one was a cool trophy, second one came in a box. This third one is just plain horrible. Anyone could have done a better 3d model for it.

MoonGred

After what was my worst played MM match so far (granted two member of the team were just messing around like it was a casual game, got team killed on purpose twice). I'm now ranked. Came in at silver 4.

Figured I might open a case to celebrate and got another ump corporal.

Can anyone explain this betting thing, and maybe give some tips for safe bets, I'd really like some more skins but know next to nothing about pro cs teams.

vocab

Safe bets are when the the odds are so heavily one sided. However, you have to throw a bunch of money to get the easy skins. You can't bet like 20 cents and expect to get something.

I'd recommend not betting. Its just a gambling trap.

MoonGred

Haha I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I never expected cs skin gambling to be a thing when I started playing this.

Odah

Banned
Safe bets are when the the odds are so heavily one sided. However, you have to throw a bunch of money to get the easy skins. You can't bet like 20 cents and expect to get something.

I'd recommend not betting. Its just a gambling trap.

Gambling is cool man, I almost fell into depression but it's cool

Haha I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I never expected cs skin gambling to be a thing when I started playing this.

I don't think any of us did.

If you're looking to get into it, start by watching some tournaments without betting. You'll get a feel of which teams and players are good. It's also fun and you learn lots of new things which can help in your own game. After a while you'll be able to make an educated guess on which team might win a match up. That's when you can look into betting on the matches. There are also other sites where you can get detailed stats, head to head match information and general advice that will also help you with betting.

udiie

alright market analysts
do i sell my rare stickers from katowice 2015 now for sorta low prices compared to a few days ago, or do i hold onto them forever (aka longer than a few months) and risk having them be worth even less
heres what im workin with:

and dont worry shadow, i still have the NiP holo

soultron

Banned
alright market analysts
do i sell my rare stickers from katowice 2015 now for sorta low prices compared to a few days ago, or do i hold onto them forever (aka longer than a few months) and risk having them be worth even less
heres what im workin with:

and dont worry shadow, i still have the NiP holo
I'd check some past ESL stickers to see if they dropped as soon as the next major hit. If they did drop, sell now. If they went up, for whatever reason, set your expectations on the margin low and increase the price a bit.

udiie

I'd check some past ESL stickers to see if they dropped as soon as the next major hit. If they did drop, sell now. If they went up, for whatever reason, set your expectations on the margin low and increase the price a bit.

good call. seems like the cologne 2014 ones dropped gradually up until katowice 2015 (prolly cause they ugly). im gonna just bounce the ones that are declining super fast right now, and maybe hold a few others that i like.

Top Bottom