• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

soultron

Banned
Looks cool dude. What were you taking inspiration from? it's a pretty unique color combination.

Thanks! Inspiration? Someone's deviantart portfolio. I've never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I think that's what inspired me as far as the colours and the diagonal black markings.

I generally try to look for nice swatches of 4-5 colours that work together before designing anything. Mint green is my favourite colour, sea foam green is one of my GF's favourite colours. They work well together so I decided to throw a nice blue, gray, and an offwhite in there as well.

soultron

Banned
Lookin' good Soultron, I'd definitely rock that P90. Any plans on coloring the ammo clip?

Thanks!

My skin actually has everything coloured/modified, but I need to figure out how to get that to show up when I import my .VTF into the Workbench. It should look like the Asiimov P90, with the entire skin modified, but I will admit I like the look of the default skin bits (trigger, sights, barrel, etc.) with my skin.

cHinzo

Finally found two good A smokes on Train. Since it's a new map (prefer it more than playing Season tbh) and I'm playing it quite often lately, might as well learn some new smokes. :D

Haroon

Progress:
GsUZo6t.png

haveheart

Banned
How did you get in ?>????! D:

And who are the jerks that raised Planet Keys percentage from 27 to 40??????? There goes my value :(

This really sucks. Regular sports betting doesn't work that way. Odds should be locked with the point of your bet placement...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWkdzHYJlF4

I... did some research on it. Found that I had to go through a couple of hoops, and volla!

Yeah, I been keeping track of the game for a while. Hopefully it can live up to it's potential. I mean the gameplay mechanics. I did play the early days of Vindictus, while it was fun for a while, the game became a balancing mess, and pay to gamble for better equips. Better equips became absolutely mandatory for higher level battles because of the terrible community, which values gear over skill.

Hopefully this game doesn't fall into that category, I bet it will eventually fall into the trap.

Ooooh, didn't notice after that last game of mine on Nuke, ranked up to silver elite. Once my exams are done tomorrow, having a CS:GO marathon on Friday. Like to get up to silver elite master as some point that day.

cHinzo

unu.Ain looking good. They got some great strats and teamplay. Flipsid3 looking poor with the players they have. They should out-aim the Danes easily.

udiie

man there is some hardcore ignorance and naivety going on in that "real sports" thread. of all places, i thought we'd see the most understanding here.
makes me remember why i hardly browse outside of this thread.

garath

All right. I really just want to start playing competitive matchmaking. Obviously if you run all 30 rounds down the full 3 minutes you can go 1.5 hours but that's definitely not going to be common. One of the guys on my old cal-main team from Source is a Legendary Eagle. I'm jealous. He had better aim but I had better map awareness and tactics. I'd like to see where I square up against him hehe.

What do you guys say is a reasonable min/max in time for a competitive matchmaking match based on your experience? I have no problems sticking it out if it goes long but given my time schedules I'd like to make sure I'm at least in the ballpark before I start one.

udiie

What do you guys say is a reasonable min/max in time for a competitive matchmaking match based on your experience? I have no problems sticking it out if it goes long but given my time schedules I'd like to make sure I'm at least in the ballpark before I start one.

anywhere from 40-45 minutes to easily over 1:15 or more.
you should budget about 1.5 hours for searching, warmup, and game

Lourio

I'd say in between 45 minutes to an hour.

man there is some hardcore ignorance and naivety going on in that "real sports" thread. of all places, i thought we'd see the most understanding here.
makes me remember why i hardly browse outside of this thread.

I <3 this thread, 90% of the time I'm in here.

Mokoi

Banned
Ooooh, didn't notice after that last game of mine on Nuke, ranked up to silver elite. Once my exams are done tomorrow, having a CS:GO marathon on Friday. Like to get up to silver elite master as some point that day.
You're going to be silver elite forever. I had ranked up to master, but then lost it the next match. lol

cHinzo

Fck it, I'm gonna wait for the CS:GO sale and get a second smurf to play with u guys. Gave up on trying to go from Double AK to Nova/Silver. Takes too much time. -_-

MayMay

Banned
Fck it, I'm gonna wait for the CS:GO sale and get a second smurf to play with u guys. Gave up on trying to go from Double AK to Nova/Silver. Takes too much time. -_-

I wish I had your problems. I derank so fast because of shit teams etc, and you just seem to be always lucky when you play lol

udiie

these mlg commentators dont really know cs... telling him to save a five seven on an eco?
plus the camera operator keeps switching away mid action.

Haroon

these mlg commentators dont really know cs... telling him to save a five seven on an eco?
plus the camera operator keeps switching away mid action.

I have no idea what you're talking about. These guys know exactly what they're talking about.

f0rk

At silver level its a reality that alot of teams have complete noobs or griefers rage quiters etc thats why i try to play with my silver friends as much as possible
The other team is exactly the same though. Sometimes they'll be slightly less bad than you and your team and sometimes they'll be slightly worse. People hardly ever remember the guy that goes 5-28 on the opposing team but they'll always remember when that guys on their team. And they just won't tell you when they have a bad game themselves and died without doing anything every round. They couldn't hold the bombsite because of their teammate, of course!

MayMay

Banned
"I lose cos my team is bad" is a poor excuse. Look to yourself.

Nah, not in my case. At least not during soloqueues. And everyone that plays with me knows it.

I'm hanging around Nova 1-2 for most of my days, main reason being me as a EU person playing on US servers (with ppl from gaf) - and I play with alot of very low ranked ppl often (Silver 2-4ish) - seeing as I dont have a smurf.

In normal games (with higher ranked gaffers) on EU servers this often happens,
5e230e5ffa.jpg

I can hold my own among AKs etc.

Just.. when I soloqueue on Nova 2 I get matched with teammates that are usually so bad that even 30 bombs and carrying isnt enough to make the team win. And that was the thing I was referencing in my post to cHinzo - hardly a poor excuse for me :p

Edit: This sounds so pompous lol - not my intention though. Just justifying my "excuse" lol.

Top Bottom