• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Clydefrog

im going to dress like a canadian

7565628_origkpaui.jpg

Odah

Banned
stolen from reddit cus funny:

Previous operations had 3-4 month gaps between start dates. We are now six months past the start of the previous operation so who knows. CSGO operations have officially entered Valve time.

I'm going to say around the end of the month or early June, then it'll last throughout the summer.

Also 500 hours in CSGO!
I'm still terrible.

Rivitur

Banned
To apply for a spot on CLG's starting roster, these are the requirements that a player needs to meet:

Must be able to move into a gaming house in the United States
Good communication skills Works well with others
Ability to receive criticism (constructive or otherwise)
Flexible schedule
Punctual
High level experience in leagues (ESL, CEVO, ESEA, FaceIT) or notable LAN performances

It seems like my fast ranking up has finally stopped, still at MGE. My last eight I went 4-2-2. Guess everything has balanced out again.

Last game, two players just ran in circles in spawn. Ofc they partied together so you couldn't kick them. Just abandoned the match. I'll take a 30 minute CD, better than wasting my time with that.

impact

Banned
Last game, two players just ran in circles in spawn. Ofc they partied together so you couldn't kick them. Just abandoned the match. I'll take a 30 minute CD, better than wasting my time with that.

this is why it's nice having two smurfs

but really you guys should stop wasting your time playing matchmaking.

rugioh

Banned
I've been having a really tough time on CT side lately, particularly holding A site mirage and dust2. I feel like I play okay if I can communicate and coordinate with my teammates on where to be aggressive and who is peeking what, but on teams where noone is really talking I just flounder and get mowed over because I end up playing much more passive than my partners on site and we get picked one by one. Would anyone be able to provide advice on what to do if you're playing a site with another guy who isn't really communicating? Should I remain passive and let him die and work a retake or try to get aggressive and try to use angles to get as many pickoffs as I can before getting overwhelmed? I can provide a demo example once I get off work if someone is really looking to go into the X's and O's.

impact

Banned
I've been having a really tough time on CT side lately, particularly holding A site mirage and dust2. I feel like I play okay if I can communicate and coordinate with my teammates on where to be aggressive and who is peeking what, but on teams where noone is really talking I just flounder and get mowed over because I end up playing much more passive than my partners on site and we get picked one by one. Would anyone be able to provide advice on what to do if you're playing a site with another guy who isn't really communicating? Should I remain passive and let him die and work a retake or try to get aggressive and try to use angles to get as many pickoffs as I can before getting overwhelmed? I can provide a demo example once I get off work if someone is really looking to go into the X's and O's.

heres my tip: stop solo q

I offered the invite, not much else I can do!

Rivitur

Banned
Mirage either hold from CT or jungle. Once those smokes come in decide if you're going to push into the site if you have a guy at stairs or fall off and prefire plant. Try not to give up CT as that's a very important spot to hold for retakes.

Dust is a bit harder since 2 long is ideal unless you have an awp at car watching long or cat. If you know there are people coming from cat and they out number you then take the fight at long and give up the site for a retake. Communication is key however to know if there is someone coming cat or not from the mid awper so your kinda screwed. Honestly learn B where you only have to watch for a tunnels push or if the guy playing mid dies. So you watch doors or window.

rugioh

Banned
heres my tip: stop solo q

I offered the invite, not much else I can do!

If you're gonna be around tomorrow I'll be around to play, I never really know when I'll be able to sneak games in because my girlfriend can't really stand it when I'm calling out spots haha. I try to play when shes either at the gym or working on the weekends.

rugioh

Banned
this is why it's nice having two smurfs

but really you guys should stop wasting your time playing matchmaking.

When you say this are you suggesting to get ESEA? While I think they have the best third party system by far I have a hard time supporting lpkane as a former 1.6 player. I think hes a douche.

impact

Banned
When you say this are you suggesting to get ESEA? While I think they have the best third party system by far I have a hard time supporting lpkane as a former 1.6 player. I think hes a douche.

yea he's a douche but I'd rather pay $6 a month to a douche than waste my time playing MM or beating up bad players on FACEIT.

If you play this game at even a semi-high level (LE-LEM and up) and you're not playing ESEA you're doing it wrong. It's sad that in order to play this Valve game we have to pay an outside company monthly but that's what happens when the developer/publisher doesn't give a fuck about anything regarding the quality of the game and only likes seeing the profits. Valve fucking gargles my nuts. ESEA is scum. deal with it.

plus I know what you guys fucking did with ESEA monthly scrim winners :lol you can afford the monthly fee

You see all the EU players on faceit when they stream. Kind of sucks na players won't give up esea..

the difference in quality is night and day...

FACEIT is awful in US

frbrr

Still find it amazing they weren't chased out of the scene after the bitcoin thing, and the lame excuses that followed.

Omega

Banned
Yeah. Occasionally I can get a decent match on cevo/faceit but since its free and there's no real punishment people just leave mid game. So on faceit your down a man or on cevo you pause for an eternity waiting for someone to join a losing team

impact

Banned
Still find it amazing they weren't chased out of the scene after the bitcoin thing, and the lame excuses that followed.

That should tell you how bad the state of mid-high level of CS:GO is

Either you pay Torbull/kane their monthly fee or you don't play the game.

Gone are the days of "this guys cheating, kick them and find another scrim" now we have to wait out the match or abandon, getting a cooldown, which prevents you from playing the game. Thanks Valve.

How's FACEIT in NA? A lot of pros uset it as their PUG-service in EU.

more silver than every kiss begins with kay

Lourio

Not for anything but playing Mirage with randoms is extremely hard - especially in silver/nova ranks. Requires a lot of communication and teamwork which is rare when solo Q'ing.

Dust is abit more lenient but still can be frustrating and difficult with randoms.

My advice is watch adren's and warowl's Youtube videos to get a feel of what to do in different situations on these maps.

Not for anything but playing Mirage with randoms is extremely hard - especially in silver/nova ranks. Requires a lot of communication and teamwork which is rare when solo Q'ing.

Dust is abit more lenient but still can be frustrating and difficult with randoms.

My advice is watch adren's and warowl's Youtube videos to get a feel of what to do in different situations on these maps.

Ironically, I played two matches on Mirage yesterday. The first was with a friend and 3 randoms, the other was with a premade. Our communication was so on-point in the first one, actually one of the most coordinated teams I've ever been on, and so shitty on the second one.

Goes to show you, I need better friends.

Top Bottom