• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Ludono

FpIcsEh.gif

Ozium

CSGO is broken..

Steam went down, then back up.. I start up CS to 1v1 Rivi.. on the main menu it says I disconnected from a comp match... confused, I selected reconnect, which brought me to a deathmatch game on Inferno..

gg valve

edit: if I hit abandon it tells me there will be a cooldown... now I don't know what to do LOL

edit2: couldn't connect to GAF server, it brings me to hte main menu and tells me to restart CSGO for a client update.. I close it, no update pending and steam goes down again... what a joke

edit3: buy the humble bundle and please understand

Sajjaja

CSGO is broken..

Steam went down, then back up.. I start up CS to 1v1 Rivi.. on the main menu it says I disconnected from a comp match... confused, I selected reconnect, which brought me to a deathmatch game on Inferno..

gg valve

edit: if I hit abandon it tells me there will be a cooldown... now I don't know what to do LOL

edit2: couldn't connect to GAF server, it brings me to hte main menu and tells me to restart CSGO for a client update.. I close it, no update pending and steam goes down again... what a joke

edit3: buy the humble bundle and please understand

Don't think Gabe wants you to play CSGO m8. Go back to the 3DS you fuckboy.

i bought the humble bundle

Ozium

Don't think Gabe wants you to play CSGO m8. Go back to the 3DS you fuckboy.

i bought the humble bundle

now you have to buy a wii u to play all those RAD games you just got

also I prefer Wii U to 3ds, that's how much of a nintendo fanboy I am

edit: CSGO IS UPDATING, NEW OPERATION? OMG

Sajjaja

blog_image.jpg

It’s that magic time where spring prepares to give way to summer; a time for fun in the sun, vacations, friends, and of course… a brand new operation for CSGO!
New modes, campaigns, and bragging rights await you… welcome to Operation Bloodhound.
SOMETHING FOR NOTHING

The Global Offensive is ever changing, and with new conflicts comes new places to do battle… which you’ll get to experience FOR FREE.
Log – Cut down more than trees, as a long-ranged battle breaks out at a logging facility.
Rails – A decrepit rail yard becomes an industrial killing field in this night-time engagement.
Resort – Once a temple to excess and wealth, the luxurious Elysee Resort has been transformed into a high-stakes firefight.
Zoo – Terrorists have arrived at the Bay Area Zoo, and they didn’t come for the dolphin show.
Fan favorites Season and Agency are also making their triumphant return with Operation Bloodhound.
RANK HAS PRIVILEGE…

In addition to maps, all players will now have the ability to improve their Profile Rank by earning XP. As you increase your Profile Rank, not only will your CSGO profile evolve to show off your new title and icon; but the first time you rank up each week will earn you a weapon drop.
…BUT MEMBERSHIP HAS ADVANTAGE

Like the operations before it, The Operation Bloodhound Access Pass come with a challenge coin and journal to track your progress… however the addition of Profile Ranks calls for something extra special. By purchasing the Access Pass, your earned weapon drops are pulled from exclusive Bloodhound weapon collections (Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, Gods and Monsters, The Rising Sun, and Chop Shop).
KILLER PERSONALITY

Also included in the Access Pass are two brand new campaigns: Marksman and Revolution… each campaign brings with it a unique story, exclusive co-op challenges, and plenty of opportunities to earn xp.
THIS IS A KNIFE

Each Falchion Weapons Case contains a chance at one of 16 community-created weapon finishes, as well as a chance to gain a new (and deadly) addition to the knife family: The Falchion. This wicked blade can only be found in this operation exclusive case.
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/05/11982/
[OPERATION BLOODHOUND]
– Launched Operation Bloodhound, available until September 30th, 2015.
– Six community maps available for free to ALL CS:GO PLAYERS on official servers via the Operation Bloodhound map group: Agency, Resort, Zoo, Log, Rails, and Season
– The Operation Bloodhound Access Pass is now available for purchase. It provides:
— The upgradable Operation Bloodhound Challenge Coin, which can be displayed on your profile and in the scoreboard.
— The Operation Bloodhound Journal, complete with Friends Leaderboards to track your Active Duty and Operation Competitive performance.
— Two all-new campaigns, with 62 missions rewarding additional XP throughout the Operation.
— Earned weapon drops will come from the Operation Bloodhound exclusive weapon collections: Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, and all-new collections Gods and Monsters, The Rising Sun, and Chop Shop.
— Exclusive access to the Falchion Case, containing 16 community-designed weapon finishes and the all-new Falchion Knife.
— Added two new Mission types, Assassination and Guardian Co-op which are playable via campaign missions in the Operation.

[PROFILE RANKS]
– Introducing Profile Ranks, viewable in-game on your CS:GO profile.
– Play on official servers to earn XP and rank up your CS:GO Profile Rank.
— In Competitive Mode, your earned XP is determined by your rounds won.
— In all other modes, your earned XP is determined by your score.
— You can earn additional XP by completing Operation Bloodhound Missions.
– In addition to increasing your CS:GO Profile Rank, your first Rank earned each week will reward you with an earned weapon drop. If you own an Operation Bloodhound Access Pass, your weapon will come from one of the exclusive Operation Bloodhound weapon collections.

[CASUAL]
– Reduced Round timer from 3:00 to 2:15.
– Increased warmup time from 30 to 90 seconds.
– Disabled vote to restart match.
– Vote to change level is disabled after a team has reached match point.

[UI]
– Fixed sometimes (but rarely) seeing health of players on the other team in the mini scoreboard.
– Fixed the freeze panel sometimes getting stuck on and staying on even after the player is alive.

[MISC]
– Added trace-based visibility checks to prevent networking invisible enemy players.
– Updated CSGO engine to the latest Steam API SDK.
– Improved support for integrated web browser MOTD popups.
– Fixed several server-crashing exploits.
– Fixed voice chat echo in lobby.
– Re-enabled a bunch of player model variants including the much missed Balkan “Ido” model, otherwise known as tm_balkan_variantC.
– Added a convar (sv_disable_immunity_alpha) that when set, allows mods to handle their own alpha on players.
– Limited support for FBX in studiomdl.
– Added sv_vote_to_changelevel_before_match_point (default 0, vote is never disallowed). When set to 1, the vote to change level is disabled after a team has reached match point.

[MAPS]
-Cache
–Fixed multiple bomb-stuck spots
–Fixed an issue where saving CTs could be seen on radar from outside spawn
–Fixed an annoying issue where grenades would collide with ground geometry map-wide
–Deleted a problematic glass pane in mid (thanks RoF Anders)
–Ensured tarps on crates are actually spammable

-Season
–Reduced width of Upper B T-side and long A to their CS:Source dimensions
–Fixed every “white on white” corner to improve visibility (Thanks Shahzam)
–Added a railing on catwalk to ensure that T’s don’t rush A site without potential punishment from pit
–Fixed an angle at B lower to ensure that defensive grenades can be bounced off a wall easily and properly, as was the case in CS:Source
–Made squeeky door louder
–Bug fix: fixed metal sounds being made on all surfaces throughout the map.

-Mirage
–Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck
–Fixed some spots where players could get stuck on walls
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/

NEW SKINS

http://imgur.com/a/pLlL5

NEW KNIFE SOUNDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd3uHvgJdjU

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
No gameplay fixes at all but hey, at least we got a new case. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gotta admit tho, some of these skins are nice

Awesome, bought the pass, got a case, sold for $10.

I'm already ahead. After the last operation, I was worried that Valve organized it in such a way to eliminate early-operation profits.

Hip Hop

About time ranks are allowed to be viewed while in game, blocking them server no purpose at all.

But yeah, bought pass as well. I really needed these maps.

KingKong

Got my case so I guess it paid for itself

expected missions to give a lot more xp, looks like youd need to play a ton to get drops now

Sajjaja

Reposting for new page.

blog_image.jpg

It’s that magic time where spring prepares to give way to summer; a time for fun in the sun, vacations, friends, and of course… a brand new operation for CSGO!
New modes, campaigns, and bragging rights await you… welcome to Operation Bloodhound.
SOMETHING FOR NOTHING

The Global Offensive is ever changing, and with new conflicts comes new places to do battle… which you’ll get to experience FOR FREE.
Log – Cut down more than trees, as a long-ranged battle breaks out at a logging facility.
Rails – A decrepit rail yard becomes an industrial killing field in this night-time engagement.
Resort – Once a temple to excess and wealth, the luxurious Elysee Resort has been transformed into a high-stakes firefight.
Zoo – Terrorists have arrived at the Bay Area Zoo, and they didn’t come for the dolphin show.
Fan favorites Season and Agency are also making their triumphant return with Operation Bloodhound.
RANK HAS PRIVILEGE…

In addition to maps, all players will now have the ability to improve their Profile Rank by earning XP. As you increase your Profile Rank, not only will your CSGO profile evolve to show off your new title and icon; but the first time you rank up each week will earn you a weapon drop.
…BUT MEMBERSHIP HAS ADVANTAGE

Like the operations before it, The Operation Bloodhound Access Pass come with a challenge coin and journal to track your progress… however the addition of Profile Ranks calls for something extra special. By purchasing the Access Pass, your earned weapon drops are pulled from exclusive Bloodhound weapon collections (Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, Gods and Monsters, The Rising Sun, and Chop Shop).
KILLER PERSONALITY

Also included in the Access Pass are two brand new campaigns: Marksman and Revolution… each campaign brings with it a unique story, exclusive co-op challenges, and plenty of opportunities to earn xp.
THIS IS A KNIFE

Each Falchion Weapons Case contains a chance at one of 16 community-created weapon finishes, as well as a chance to gain a new (and deadly) addition to the knife family: The Falchion. This wicked blade can only be found in this operation exclusive case.
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/05/11982/
[OPERATION BLOODHOUND]
– Launched Operation Bloodhound, available until September 30th, 2015.
– Six community maps available for free to ALL CS:GO PLAYERS on official servers via the Operation Bloodhound map group: Agency, Resort, Zoo, Log, Rails, and Season
– The Operation Bloodhound Access Pass is now available for purchase. It provides:
— The upgradable Operation Bloodhound Challenge Coin, which can be displayed on your profile and in the scoreboard.
— The Operation Bloodhound Journal, complete with Friends Leaderboards to track your Active Duty and Operation Competitive performance.
— Two all-new campaigns, with 62 missions rewarding additional XP throughout the Operation.
— Earned weapon drops will come from the Operation Bloodhound exclusive weapon collections: Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, and all-new collections Gods and Monsters, The Rising Sun, and Chop Shop.
— Exclusive access to the Falchion Case, containing 16 community-designed weapon finishes and the all-new Falchion Knife.
— Added two new Mission types, Assassination and Guardian Co-op which are playable via campaign missions in the Operation.

[PROFILE RANKS]
– Introducing Profile Ranks, viewable in-game on your CS:GO profile.
– Play on official servers to earn XP and rank up your CS:GO Profile Rank.
— In Competitive Mode, your earned XP is determined by your rounds won.
— In all other modes, your earned XP is determined by your score.
— You can earn additional XP by completing Operation Bloodhound Missions.
– In addition to increasing your CS:GO Profile Rank, your first Rank earned each week will reward you with an earned weapon drop. If you own an Operation Bloodhound Access Pass, your weapon will come from one of the exclusive Operation Bloodhound weapon collections.

[CASUAL]
– Reduced Round timer from 3:00 to 2:15.
– Increased warmup time from 30 to 90 seconds.
– Disabled vote to restart match.
– Vote to change level is disabled after a team has reached match point.

[UI]
– Fixed sometimes (but rarely) seeing health of players on the other team in the mini scoreboard.
– Fixed the freeze panel sometimes getting stuck on and staying on even after the player is alive.

[MISC]
– Added trace-based visibility checks to prevent networking invisible enemy players.
– Updated CSGO engine to the latest Steam API SDK.
– Improved support for integrated web browser MOTD popups.
– Fixed several server-crashing exploits.
– Fixed voice chat echo in lobby.
– Re-enabled a bunch of player model variants including the much missed Balkan “Ido” model, otherwise known as tm_balkan_variantC.
– Added a convar (sv_disable_immunity_alpha) that when set, allows mods to handle their own alpha on players.
– Limited support for FBX in studiomdl.
– Added sv_vote_to_changelevel_before_match_point (default 0, vote is never disallowed). When set to 1, the vote to change level is disabled after a team has reached match point.

[MAPS]
-Cache
–Fixed multiple bomb-stuck spots
–Fixed an issue where saving CTs could be seen on radar from outside spawn
–Fixed an annoying issue where grenades would collide with ground geometry map-wide
–Deleted a problematic glass pane in mid (thanks RoF Anders)
–Ensured tarps on crates are actually spammable

-Season
–Reduced width of Upper B T-side and long A to their CS:Source dimensions
–Fixed every “white on white” corner to improve visibility (Thanks Shahzam)
–Added a railing on catwalk to ensure that T’s don’t rush A site without potential punishment from pit
–Fixed an angle at B lower to ensure that defensive grenades can be bounced off a wall easily and properly, as was the case in CS:Source
–Made squeeky door louder
–Bug fix: fixed metal sounds being made on all surfaces throughout the map.

-Mirage
–Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck
–Fixed some spots where players could get stuck on walls
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/

NEW SKINS

http://imgur.com/a/pLlL5

NEW KNIFE SOUNDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd3uHvgJdjU

Hixx

Log is horrendous. Awful map. Rails is ok.

Got a crate which sold for more than the pass, so been a decent night of cs.

Xizk

Log is horrendous. Awful map. Rails is ok.

Got a crate which sold for more than the pass, so been a decent night of cs.

Rails is really drab and has so many corridors and angles to check. So far I've tried that,Zoo and Log in dm and none of them seem good for competitive. Need to try them in MM to say for sure but first impressions are not positive.

Honestly, I'm not really loving any of the new maps. Most are definitely geared towards DM, and even then they're a bit too large for that mode, I think. A lot of time is spent running around, and the layouts often have too many angles to cover effectively.

Agency is still good, though.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadow! Are you leaving us? D:
If you want to look at it this way. I haven't had the urge to play CSGO in a long time now. Plus with my new job, other responsibilities and my backlog, I just thought it would be a good time to stop playing CS.

I will still play if someone invite me or something. I just won't be on playing like I used to. I'm enjoying the hell out of the Witcher 3, then I got Arkham Knight coming up. Dragon Age Inquisition and other games still waiting for me. If you or someone else ever want me to play CS or other games. I wouldn't turn you down.

Good luck on your way up to DMG and higher.

Ozium

Zoo is a shit map,

rails is OK

Season is Season

got a falchion case and sold it and instantly paid for the operation pass

operations are da best

Rixxan

pretty pissed tbh, was on what im 99% sure was my global re-rank up game and i got grouped with two unranked dudes who had never played cs really before, 5 hours total between the two of them

i wasnt mad at them of course not their fault, but frustrated with the pairing - wonder if it was caused by this new fucking update because thats never happened to me before

they both mentioned they were doing something for one of the missions for it, so probably - ugh

needless to say we got decimated

Top Bottom