• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

cresto

What's it meow m8? I inv you to rank up but you no accept after that debacle in cache.

haha it has nothing to do with that. I simply dont have a lot of free time to play. GF keeps getting pissed when I play even if its practice time. Sucks, but what can you do

rugioh

Banned
haha it has nothing to do with that. I simply dont have a lot of free time to play. GF keeps getting pissed when I play even if its practice time. Sucks, but what can you do

I know this feel :(

Gotta wait till shes running errands or goes to the gym. I feel like its really hard to stay consistent/improve only playing 1-2 pugs a day though.

chessnut

Holy shit lol one of the characters in the mission briefs is from the OP Bravo banner. This csgo lore is killing me :p

Edit for the new page: The new requirement of being Rank 3 to play Comp is stupid. Say you want to get a friend into CSGO. They won't buy the operation pass if they haven't tried CS before. You've been going on about how great competitive mode is and how it has a high skill ceiling and all that stuff compared to other shooters. They buy the game and have to waste their time playing "lesser" modes for hours, over something like 2 weeks, to unlock the shit you've been hyping up. Wtf.

The counter to that argument is that someone who is brand new to cs should not play competitive until they know the basics of the game, which they could get from casual. The real problem with the requirement are the guys with 300+ comp wins with an established rank and over 1000 hours in the game, but unfortunately they didn't play the game between the time the operation was announced and the level 3 requirement was made. Now they're stuck grinding out games in dm or casual if they don't want to buy the pass.

KiKaL

The counter to that argument is that someone who is brand new to cs should not play competitive until they know the basics of the game, which they could get from casual. The real problem with the requirement are the guys with 300+ comp wins with an established rank and over 1000 hours in the game, but unfortunately they didn't play the game between the time the operation was announced and the level 3 requirement was made. Now they're stuck grinding out games in dm or casual if they don't want to buy the pass.

I am one of those people, well 400ish hours and 150ish wins. I have taken a break from CS but started to play a little when the new op came out but not enough to hit level 3. So I currently have to grind it out before I can play comp again.

It's weird that I can't play comp but I am not upset about it. It does suck that I feel like I have to do the missions to make any kind of progress in the rank and some of them are a bit of a pain.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah no I heard that, but the org dropped them so who knows what they'll be called/when they'll be called it

Cloud9

4317398-8405442708-art-%25.png

Rivitur

Banned
Yeah no I heard that, but the org dropped them so who knows what they'll be called/when they'll be called it
They'll be picked up in less than a month because theyll be at ESWC and need the new org to pay some things that eswc inst paying. So maybe an announcement in a week max because I assume they were having talks with the new org for a few weeks now or else vox wouldn't have let them go.

In b4 iBP

Blizzard

Banned
To me, it seems like a bigger problem is that (so I have been told, please correct me if I'm wrong) leveling is VERY FAST if you buy the operation...meaning someone who spent 1000 hours and didn't buy the operation will have to grind, while someone who is completely new to the game but buys the operation can jump into competitive almost immediately. If the intent is truly to filter players, I don't think the operations should give an XP boost.

Also, does anyone know what today's patch was? There weren't any patch notes, and the Steam forum doesn't have a patch notes thread as far as I could tell.

Coreda

Yes I'm pretty sure you can. I've done it with practice aim maps - although there are no bots required. /shrug

Edit: Have a look at this

Hmm, will try deleting the Workshop directory and re-subbing the maps. I'm sure many don't have the issue as they'll play 'Offline with bots' while actually connected to the internet.

I just got this game past week and I'm really trying to get into it, have had most of the fun playing deathmatch, but every game I feel at the bottom of the barrel sometimes the mere act of spawning translates into an insta death for me, any tips for a newcomer would be highly appreciated, I must add I have never played CS before or any FPS in the past year at all.

Oreoleo

I just got this game past week and I'm really trying to get into it, have had most of the fun playing deathmatch, but every game I feel at the bottom of the barrel sometimes the mere act of spawning translates into an insta death for me, any tips for a newcomer would be highly appreciated, I must add I have never played CS before or any FPS in the past year at all.

The game isn't balanced for deathmatch. As you've noticed, the spawns are terrible and its like 10v10 on maps balanced for 5v5. I prefer arms race overall as the spawn points are fixed so there's less of that insta-death BS, but there aren't really any tips to give for those modes that don't also apply to competitive. Lower your mouse sensitivity all the way, and always mind your cursor placement. Keep it at head/chest height and anticipate where your enemies are going to be.

The game isn't balanced for deathmatch. As you've noticed, the spawns are terrible and its like 10v10 on maps balanced for 5v5. I prefer arms race overall as the spawn points are fixed so there's less of that insta-death BS, but there aren't really any tips to give for those modes that don't also apply to competitive. Lower your mouse sensitivity all the way, and always mind your cursor placement. Keep it at head/chest height and anticipate where your enemies are going to be.

Well I have tried keeping my aim steady but now that I think about it it always felt like the mouse was moving too fast, will try different mouse settings and use whatever suits me best, thanks btw.

udiie

Gonna level my other smurf to rank 3 so Ican finally play some MM on it. >.> I heard casual was the quickest way?

thats what im finding
just try and get as many points as possible and it really adds up
still takes forever though

hahahaha arya just killed himself after his team got caught in a bunch of nades

Drewly

Banned
I just came across the 'rank 3 required for competitive play' and it seems kind of lame as I'm legendary eagle level, with shitloads of hours on almost all versions of CS including CS:GO... And no this does not filter out people who don't give a shit., if someone plays casual a lot they'll automatically get rank 3 at some point and that doesn't mean they suddenly care about competitive and not start trolling.

Blizzard

Banned
I just came across the 'rank 3 required for competitive play' and it seems kind of lame as I'm legendary eagle level, with shitloads of hours on almost all versions of CS including CS:GO... And no this does not filter out people who don't give a shit., if someone plays casual a lot they'll automatically get rank 3 at some point and that doesn't mean they suddenly care about competitive and not start trolling.
I still feel like if a filter needs to be in place, it shouldn't be possible to buy the missions to XP boost past it quickly. That seems odd since there's no filter on whether those who buy missions are actually good/serious.

In my first 6 competitive matches since reaching level 3, at least 3 of those games have had someone grief TK and/or abandon the game if my memory serves me correct.

1. One person begged us to kick him because he didn't want to win. Our team was winning easily, and we never kicked him (I've been told that kicking may give you a cooldown, and they may have been trying to avoid some penalty). I think they started trying to block doorways and shot me a few times, TK'ing me at least once. We won the match, and they didn't TK enough to get autokicked.

2. Someone TK'd one of my teammates and left -- at least we got a bot. I think it popped up a 24 hour ban for them.

3. Someone on the other team abandoned the game -- first place on the scoreboard but the team was losing. I think we got a message about a 30-minute penalty for them doing this.

Rivitur

Banned
10 hours unless you play all day with the weekly double bonus... Go get it!

Blizzard

Banned
10 hours unless you play all day with the weekly double bonus... Go get it!
It took me about 15 hours as a bad player on arms race.

I just played another competitive match. 4 / 7 thus far have had TKers and/or AFKers, ouch. I also have the 20-hour cooldown because of winning 2 games.

Rivitur

Banned
It took me about 15 hours as a bad player on arms race.

I just played another competitive match. 4 / 7 thus far have had TKers and/or AFKers, ouch. I also have the 20-hour cooldown because of winning 2 games.
Join the club... Look like I'm going to be nova 4 (I have another 7 wins to go for 10) what ranks have you been playing against?

Blizzard

Banned
Join the club... Look like I'm going to be nova 4 (I have another 7 wins to go for 10) what ranks have you been playing against?
I don't even know how to tell from my match history, ha. People seem to be all over the place. I think I won a competitive round 15-1 (wins, not kills) right after going 1-15.

Rivitur

Banned
I don't even know how to tell from my match history, ha. People seem to be all over the place. I think I won a competitive round 15-1 (wins, not kills) right after going 1-15.
At the end of the game it shows you their ranks. For a past game you would have to download the demo and fast forward to the very end.

Top Bottom