• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Rivitur

Banned
Bought it around 5pm, played for an hour it ran smooth, now it's running like total shit, even with the setting on low i can't get 30FPS, before everything max at 1600*1200 game was running at 60FPS, WTF is going on with this game?
I can only recommend that you try again in the morning or just pop on a twitch stream and pretend that you're playing.

if it was retroactive than it wouldn't even serve the purpose it was created for

Seriously people, Valve doesn't hate you. They want you to play their game. They didn't do this to keep TheSeks, Sliver or sammyCYBORG out of their game because you weren't worthy of playing it.

They did it because smurfing, boosting and cheating are legitimate issues that plague this game and ruin the experience for probably 60% of the population that cause some of them to install spyware like ESEA because it was the only way to get an enjoyable experience. Issues that people have been complaining about for years.

If anything the requirement for level 3 is too lenient as it is because I've still had the pleasure of playing 50 hour smurfs boosting people.
If your "fix" for this is locking out players who have been playing your game for dozens or hundreds of hours from the mode that people play CS for, then you need a better fix.

With my job I just want to be able to jump in to CS every so often and play CS. Now I have to dedicate hours of my valuable time grinding to get the privilege of doing that?

That's fucking ridiculous and doesn't respect my time.

You are free to use services such as faceit if you don't want to grind. With the amount of cheaters and smurfs, this is a compromise that is reasonable. Unreasonable compromise will be raising the game price up or more intrusive vac. People will complain in masses if the game price was raised to deter cheaters a cheap replacement cs go. Also look at the negative pr ESEA gotten from their recent update.

Cheaters have wasted hours of my time and will continue to do so. There will always be cheaters in cs go, unless something can greatly reduce the amount of cheats, I'll take the grind.

Overdoziz

Banned
I felt in the mood for some CSGO tonight and am kind of confused reading about this. If it were put up to level 10 and reset for everyone as you suggest, I have two questions:

1. How many hours would it take to hit level 10 from level 1 with default XP gains?
  2. How many hours would it take to hit level 10 from level 1 if you buy the $6 campaigns (missions) that boosts XP?
I was joking about the reset thing, but I really do hope they up the required level down the line as long as they change casual mode so it's closer to the competitive one but without the ranks. That's probably the biggest issue at the moment. Casual is fucking terrible.

Xizk

I was joking about the reset thing, but I really do hope they up the required level down the line as long as they change casual mode so it's closer to the competitive one but without the ranks. That's probably the biggest issue at the moment. Casual is fucking terrible.

Yeah just add unranked competitive and it would be fine. Isn't that how Dota2 does it?

Oreoleo

Think so. Pretty sure it also takes way longer before you play ranked in Doto as well.

Indeed. Last time I checked you had to be profile rank 13 to play ranked comp, but no one gives a shit because unranked is exactly the same and has no prerequisite to play.

Clydefrog

I haven't done competitive MM in a while because 1) the joke of a player udiie is now a higher rank than me and, 2) Divinity OS is amazing and it has made video games fun again.

But I have still been playing a bit of CS... doing the horrible $1 million bloodhound mission in casual hell. I'm almost halfway there and I realize there is ANOTHER million mission as a Terrorist. Fuck this shit to hell. Fuckshithellballsackdonkeylipsvaginamonologue

udiie

CSGAF still shook about e3 stuff today I guess
Clyde you just gotta focus on the fundamentals man. You'll get there one day.

Sajjaja

Not my pic but lol.

93B44D51D845BD0E8D060E175D751D553014E834

Mokoi

Banned
Bought it around 5pm, played for an hour it ran smooth, now it's running like total shit, even with the setting on low i can't get 30FPS, before everything max at 1600*1200 game was running at 60FPS, WTF is going on with this game?
Fuck type of res is 1600*1200?

Anyways try putting this cmd in console fps_max 999
try new gpu drivers
Uninstall geoforce experience if you have it.
update realtek driveres if you have
buy new comp.

Blizzard

Banned
I felt in the mood for some CSGO tonight and am kind of confused reading about this. If it were put up to level 10 and reset for everyone as you suggest, I have two questions:

1. How many hours would it take to hit level 10 from level 1 with default XP gains?
  2. How many hours would it take to hit level 10 from level 1 if you buy the $6 campaigns (missions) that boosts XP?
Testing along these lines, it just took 9.6 hours according to Steam to get from level 1 to level 2. I played almost exclusively arms race, for an average of maybe 40 XP per game.

rugioh

Banned
Testing along these lines, it just took 9.6 hours according to Steam to get from level 1 to level 2. I played almost exclusively arms race, for an average of maybe 40 XP per game.

I played valve dm exclusively as warmups before my cevo games since the update, and I JUST hit level 2 yesterday lol.

NeoFaff

Holy shit lol one of the characters in the mission briefs is from the OP Bravo banner. This csgo lore is killing me :p

Edit for the new page: The new requirement of being Rank 3 to play Comp is stupid. Say you want to get a friend into CSGO. They won't buy the operation pass if they haven't tried CS before. You've been going on about how great competitive mode is and how it has a high skill ceiling and all that stuff compared to other shooters. They buy the game and have to waste their time playing "lesser" modes for hours, over something like 2 weeks, to unlock the shit you've been hyping up. Wtf.

rugioh

Banned
That's why they need an unranked competitive mode. Not sure why they didn't implement it along with the level requirement.

I'm kind of banking on this. I have no intention on buying the operation, so I'll just keep plinking away in valve dm's and doing cevo for 5v5.

Lourio

The new requirement of being Rank 3 to play Comp is stupid.

I disagree, it should be higher at least 5 or 6.

Although it does limit who can play competitive but at the same time, it will filter out the people who don't give a f*ck vs the people who want to play competitive properly.

Just the beginning, let's see how this system 'improves' or not.

Clydefrog

Holy shit lol one of the characters in the mission briefs is from the OP Bravo banner. This csgo lore is killing me :p

Edit for the new page: The new requirement of being Rank 3 to play Comp is stupid. Say you want to get a friend into CSGO. They won't buy the operation pass if they haven't tried CS before. You've been going on about how great competitive mode is and how it has a high skill ceiling and all that stuff compared to other shooters. They buy the game and have to waste their time playing "lesser" modes for hours, over something like 2 weeks, to unlock the shit you've been hyping up. Wtf.

*Clydefrog chuckles*

Rivitur

Banned

They need to learn the game and casual and DM are great for that.

Also!!!! Just have him play face it with you its free and no requirements.

Also! [*] Nintendo and screw UbiSoft for banning me from their chat.

Omega

Banned
They need to learn the game and casual and DM are great for that.

Also!!!! Just have him play face it with you its free and no requirements.

Also! [*] Nintendo and screw UbiSoft for banning me from their chat.

that says more about you than them.

#soultronwasright

Rixxan

does anyone know how long it takes without playing an MM game to derank/lose rank status?

after hitting global again i have zero interest in playing MM, for whatever reason, playing ESEA and scrimming with my team since

anyway, is it a set number of days? or are there variables involved?

Rivitur

Banned
does anyone know how long it takes without playing an MM game to derank/lose rank status?

after hitting global again i have zero interest in playing MM, for whatever reason, playing ESEA and scrimming with my team since

anyway, is it a set number of days? or are there variables involved?
Oh man its definitely a while. At minimum 1 month bit I think its much more than that.

Blizzard

Banned
Finishing this test, it took another 4-5 hours to finish hitting level 3 if I did the math right. I'd estimate 15-20 to reach level 3 if you're a lousy player like me. :p

Rivitur

Banned
Finishing this test, it took another 4-5 hours to finish hitting level 3 if I did the math right. I'd estimate 15-20 to reach level 3 if you're a lousy player like me. :p
Took me about 10 so steam is right.

Also fuck this game! Tried to lose my first match and at 13-14 my team decides OK we'll just all buy autos on T side and win 3 rounds in a row. Went 6-29 and we won :/

udiie

Also fuck this game! Tried to lose my first match and at 13-14 my team decides OK we'll just all buy autos on T side and win 3 rounds in a row. Went 6-29 and we won :/

youre bad
i dont even try to lose at this game and it works

ive been playing so bad lately. i think i need a break lol

cHinzo

ive been playing so bad lately. i think i need a break lol
Same. Can't even get 20 frags anymore and feel like I'm holding my team back. Did get one win and a tie though with horrible gameplay.

One French guy called gg when we were 3-5 behind on CT side Cache, because it's a CT map lol. 6-9 switch, got crushed with pistols, but managed to tie the game with straight rushes.

Coreda

Didn't find anything relevant when searching, so asking here:

Can Workshop maps be played offline with bots? Each time I've opened the Workshop tab in the Offline with bots mode Steam displays a 'Can't connect to server' line rather than displaying already installed Workshop maps.

Using 'changelevel examplemap' in the console after starting a regular map is a bad workaround as it resets back to the default maps after each round, so is there a better way?

Red Hood

Banned
Just bought it and I'm having my ass handed to me, I'm a little rusty. After having been used to Battlefield so long, I need to get those CS1.6 reflexes back.

Lourio

Didn't find anything relevant when searching, so asking here:

Can Workshop maps be played offline with bots? Each time I've opened the Workshop tab in the Offline with bots mode Steam displays a 'Can't connect to server' line rather than displaying already installed Workshop maps.

Using 'changelevel examplemap' in the console after starting a regular map is a bad workaround as it resets back to the default maps after each round, so is there a better way?

Yes I'm pretty sure you can. I've done it with practice aim maps - although there are no bots required. /shrug

Edit: Have a look at this

Top Bottom