• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

udiie

KpumvLM.png
happy looks tired as fuck

inc f3 win

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I got in a little Reddit argument and got downvoted to hell. So I need to know if I was wrong about an aspect of the game for like the last 10 years or if these guys are just retarded.

It was about this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HphwQNhByOk

Someone who doesn't play CS asked why the first kill looks so weird as he wasn't on him with his crosshair. Another one answered that it is a common spectator bug and that it doesn't look so weird when you play yourself and got 20 upvotes.

I told him that spectating your teammates while you are dead doesn't change anything about the way the game looks or feels and that it looks the same as if you were playing yourself and that he probably means GOTV which isn't the case here. And that the kill in the video was just a normal flick shot anyway.
Got downvoted like 15 times.

The discussion continued a bit with several people telling me that I am retarded or blind for not realizing that he is spectating (even though I knew and was trying to say that this doesn't change anything) but tell me guys, who is right? I really need to know.

There is your problem, arguing on reddit. It's the home of "pros" that aren't really "pros". Anybody could fake their ranks and talk down to people.

Rivitur

Banned
I got in a little Reddit argument and got downvoted to hell. So I need to know if I was wrong about an aspect of the game for like the last 10 years or if these guys are just retarded.

It was about this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HphwQNhByOk

Someone who doesn't play CS asked why the first kill looks so weird as he wasn't on him with his crosshair. Another one answered that it is a common spectator bug and that it doesn't look so weird when you play yourself and got 20 upvotes.

I told him that spectating your teammates while you are dead doesn't change anything about the way the game looks or feels and that it looks the same as if you were playing yourself and that he probably means GOTV which isn't the case here. And that the kill in the video was just a normal flick shot anyway.
Got downvoted like 15 times.

The discussion continued a bit with several people telling me that I am retarded or blind for not realizing that he is spectating (even though I knew and was trying to say that this doesn't change anything) but tell me guys, who is right? I really need to know.
OK so! They are right and you are sorta right as well. With a rifle you can see the flicks and aiming normally while viewing as a dead person. BUT! Spectating awpers/scouts you can't see the flicks at times if its a fast flicks. You see those type of things a lot at higher levels.

Example: atsou with the awp always appears like the vidoe here. He just shoots and they're dead even though they were 3 feet from where he aimed. That's because of the flick that the game can't keep up with unless you were the one who flicked.

Also! What are you guys watching sltv for when Japanese games are on! www.twitch.TV/japanesports

Mokoi

Banned
You're wrong m8. Well kind of. It is just a normal flick, but spectating is not the same as if you were playing. Shit is not accurate representation, and always lags behind in my experience. Would downvote you if I had account because you wrong and I right fool. Nahh but for real not to long ago when I would be spectating a teammate it was as if I was playing with +500 ping.
There is your problem, arguing on reddit. It's the home of "pros" that aren't really "pros". Anybody could fake their ranks and talk down to people.
I feel like there is a story behind this. Pls tell.

edit: oh yea chill song to listen to while yall play.
https://soundcloud.com/oshimakesmusic/mellifluous-30k-thank-you
What I've been jamming and it will make you good.

Omega

Banned
lol reddit.

I posted on there that people should just stop buying smokes and flashes since no one knows how to use them. Judging by my solo queue experiences, people actually took that seriously

You're wrong m8. Well kind of. It is just a normal flick, but spectating is not the same as if you were playing. Shit is not accurate representation, and always lags behind in my experience. Would downvote you if I had account because you wrong and I right fool. Nahh but for real not to long ago when I would be spectating a teammate it was as if I was playing with +500 ping.

I feel like there is a story behind this. Pls tell.

edit: oh yea chill song to listen to while yall play.
https://soundcloud.com/oshimakesmusic/mellifluous-30k-thank-you
What I've been jamming and it will make you good.

Not much to tell really. Just a bunch of people faking their ranks to justify their opinions over others.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
What the fuck are they doing to CS:GO? I just played for the first time since this new rank system. I can't believe I have to slum it out in casual before heading into competitive. Casual is the WORST. All-chat, defaults to armor and no FF. It's way too easy because everyone in there is horrible. It was the worst CS experience I've had in a long time, and they're forcing it on us. For shame.

What the fuck are they doing to CS:GO? I just played for the first time since this new rank system. I can't believe I have to slum it out in casual before heading into competitive. Casual is the WORST. All-chat, defaults to armor and no FF. It's way too easy because everyone in there is horrible. It was the worst CS experience I've had in a long time, and they're forcing it on us. For shame.

Spend 6 dollars on the stupid campaign, play a handful of missions, done.

It's like a subscription.

And yeah, I think everyone feels the same way.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Spend 6 dollars on the stupid campaign, play a handful of missions, done.

It's like a subscription.

And yeah, I think everyone feels the same way.

Is that what they want us to do, buy their stupid missions to progress each season? Not happening. They're ruining one of my favorite games.

jediyoshi

Is that what they want us to do, buy their stupid missions to progress each season? Not happening. They're ruining one of my favorite games.

Nope, it's a stop gap for smurfs in comp, kidding yourself if you didn't think they weren't going to institute some kind of barrier eventually. None of it is required.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Nope, it's a stop gap for smurfs in comp, kidding yourself if you didn't think they weren't going to institute some kind of barrier eventually. None of it is required.

None of it is required...?

I'm being punished for smurfs?

What is this I don't even

Blizzard

Banned
Is the argument that the $6 barrier is too much for smurfs to do on a large scale? It doesn't seem like a very large obstacle to me, particularly if someone is clever or lucky with selling weapons etc.

I tested it recently when I started playing, for anyone curious. It took me maybe 15 hours as a pretty new, bad player to farm enough arms race experience for rank 3.

Overdoziz

Banned
They're gonna raise the level down the line, which will be even more effective once the operation is over and there aren't any missions anymore. It's never going to completely stop smurfs and cheaters, but it helps.
Also, I enjoy seeing all these new people come out of the woodwork once there's something to complain about.

Blizzard

Banned
They're gonna raise the level down the line, which will be even more effective once the operation is over and there aren't any missions anymore. It's never going to completely stop smurfs and cheaters, but it helps.
Also, I enjoy seeing all these new people come out of the woodwork once there's something to complain about.
Why doesn't Valve just eliminate the mission boost XP then? That could simultaneously kill the paid smurf XP boost possibilities, and eliminate accusations that Valve is just trying to make money off a paid subscription model to play competitive.

*edit* I gained another rank after maybe 10 competitive games, but then I did the math...if each competitive game took 1.0-1.5 hours, that's 10-15 hours total. I gained about 2 levels in the same amount of time doing arms race. I'm not sure if competitive XP is slower, or if it just becomes drastically harder to level up the higher levels get.

Omega

Banned

wouldn't be gaf if there wasn't something to be outraged at

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

Yes, us 'new' people. Because CS threads haven't existed for years.

Will this be a seasonal thing, where we are forced to level up every once in awhile, or is this leveling up permanent?

Top Bottom