• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Mokoi

Banned
Oh my I hope forest is okay. Shouldn't eat and play at the same time or else you'll choke. Except me I do it all the time because I'm me..

also trading knife for 150 p250 sanddunes. No lowball.
also perhaps one of you fools can be of use. Why does my viemodel keep changing to desktop view? I want it to stay on classic.

MayMay

Banned
Oh my I hope forest is okay. Shouldn't eat and play at the same time or else you'll choke. Except me I do it all the time because I'm me..

also trading knife for 150 p250 sanddunes. No lowball.
also perhaps one of you fools can be of use. Why does my viemodel keep changing to desktop view? I want it to stay on classic.

check if your .ini is read only. If it is, remove read only - change it and then reapply read only.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I'm playing some of the worst Counter Strike of my life, have lost like my last 10 games but still haven't deranked from LEM. What the hell is going on

udiie

sorry chinzo, i beat ya
b0clhU0.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Woo-hoo. After 6+ hours, I'm finally level 2 *Call of Duty promotion rank-up guitar riff here?*

SMH @ Valve for these XP gains being dismal for people that don't buy the operations and too damn fast for people that DO.

Sliver

I find the fact that I need to gain enough XP to played competitive after playing 200 competitive games pretty stupid. Pretty much quit playing because of that.

Overdoziz

Banned
It's a one time thing, if you were just playing regularly already it wouldn't be a problem. It's a good thing and I hope they up the requirements some time soon.

Sliver

It's a one time thing, if you were just playing regularly already it wouldn't be a problem. It's a good thing and I hope they up the requirements some time soon.

I am playing regularly. I don't mind the mechanic for newbies, but it shouldn't be retroactive like it is.

Omega

Banned
if it was retroactive than it wouldn't even serve the purpose it was created for

Seriously people, Valve doesn't hate you. They want you to play their game. They didn't do this to keep TheSeks, Sliver or sammyCYBORG out of their game because you weren't worthy of playing it.

They did it because smurfing, boosting and cheating are legitimate issues that plague this game and ruin the experience for probably 60% of the population that cause some of them to install spyware like ESEA because it was the only way to get an enjoyable experience. Issues that people have been complaining about for years.

If anything the requirement for level 3 is too lenient as it is because I've still had the pleasure of playing 50 hour smurfs boosting people.

Bought it around 5pm, played for an hour it ran smooth, now it's running like total shit, even with the setting on low i can't get 30FPS, before everything max at 1600*1200 game was running at 60FPS, WTF is going on with this game?

Oreoleo

The thing that gets me is, you only get one drop a week for the rank ups, so I played a few games last week, got rank 2 and was like "cool I'll play again next week." I'm a pretty casual CSGO player these days, despite having 250+ hours and being MG1 rank. I had a lot of real life stuff going on last week so hitting the rank up and taking a few days off was kind of nice and let me get my shit taken care of without feeling like I was losing out an anything.

And then Valve adds the rank 3 cutoff a week later and it feels like I'm being punished for trying to get the most out of the rank up drops instead of just playing and playing and playing.

Overdoziz

Banned
I hope they up it to level 10. Reset it to zero for everybody the moment they implement it so nobody can play competitive for a solid week.

Blizzard

Banned
I hope they up it to level 10. Reset it to zero for everybody the moment they implement it so nobody can play competitive for a solid week.
I felt in the mood for some CSGO tonight and am kind of confused reading about this. If it were put up to level 10 and reset for everyone as you suggest, I have two questions:

1. How many hours would it take to hit level 10 from level 1 with default XP gains?
  2. How many hours would it take to hit level 10 from level 1 if you buy the $6 campaigns (missions) that boosts XP?

Ludono

After playing with my Bayonet Tiger Tooth I decided it was time for change, as much as I love the Tiger Tooth pattern I didn't really like the Bayonet....so I traded for THIS :D

Would have loved a full blue but that shit is expensive yo!

ANYONE HAVE A GOOD NAME FOR MY NEW BAE?

Blizzard

Banned
After playing with my Bayonet Tiger Tooth I decided it was time for change, as much as I love the Tiger Tooth pattern I didn't really like the Bayonet....so I traded for THIS :D

Would have loved a full blue but that shit is expensive yo!

ANYONE HAVE A GOOD NAME FOR MY NEW BAE?
Sting. It glows when there are orcs nearby, and that's when you need to be extra careful.

Ludono

Sting. It glows when there are orcs nearby, and that's when you need to be extra careful.

Not a bad idea at all.

I felt in the mood for some CSGO tonight and am kind of confused reading about this. If it were put up to level 10 and reset for everyone as you suggest, I have two questions:

1. How many hours would it take to hit level 10 from level 1 with default XP gains?
  2. How many hours would it take to hit level 10 from level 1 if you buy the $6 campaigns (missions) that boosts XP?

1. Too Long
2. I'm level 7 and I've done a good amount of my missions since the start of the op.

Top Bottom