• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
WpJbyBt.jpg

Oh my god NA CSGO is something else

I'm done. Seriously fuck this game. I've had so many cheaters in the past week that I want to fucking die. Just had a match on Nuke and we were 13-2 up on CT and not one but two of them turned on spinbots. They said one of our team was Walling so they were making it fair. Fuck this game and fuck 80% of the people who play it. Sold all my skins. I know I'll end up playing again tomorrow but me and a friend cashed out and have made a pact not to buy anymore fucking skins.

I'm done. Seriously fuck this game. I've had so many cheaters in the past week that I want to fucking die. Just had a match on Nuke and we were 13-2 up on CT and not one but two of them turned on spinbots. They said one of our team was Walling so they were making it fair. Fuck this game and fuck 80% of the people who play it. Sold all my skins. I know I'll end up playing again tomorrow but me and a friend cashed out and have made a pact not to buy anymore fucking skins.

Yeah fuck skins!

Blizzard

Banned
I just had two bad feels in one game:

That feel when you're a new, bad player and you're alternating between #1 and #2 on the scoreboard on the losing team.

That feel when you've been talking to your team the entire game, but 1-2 rounds from the end you remember that your microphone doesn't work because you plugged it in after the game started. :(

Overdoziz

Banned
Serves ya right for playing Nuke imo

Ensirius

I just had two bad feels in one game:

That feel when you're a new, bad player and you're alternating between #1 and #2 on the scoreboard on the losing team.

That feel when you've been talking to your team the entire game, but 1-2 rounds from the end you remember that your microphone doesn't work because you plugged it in after the game started. :(
The muted button on my headset has played so many tricks on me :(

Ozium

looking forward to see what your new knife will be m8

Hixx

Whenever you and possum play together bad things happen.

You could have at least give your old pal Hixx the knife and sold this bayonet

bayonets are cooler

like bow ties are to doctor who nerds

rugioh

Banned
What is the general consensus on HS only DMs? I've noticed when I'm aiming at moving targets my xhair tends to lag behind them, my wrist isn't practiced enough with keeping up with movement so I'm hoping I can work on that.

Rivitur

Banned
What is the general consensus on HS only DMs? I've noticed when I'm aiming at moving targets my xhair tends to lag behind them, my wrist isn't practiced enough with keeping up with movement so I'm hoping I can work on that.
It's good for the one tap feel and will help you in that regard but I feel regular DM will help you more as you can practice spraying.

It's alright I do it once in a while, most of the time it's just regular DM for me. HS only servers aren't really realistic and I'd much rather practice sprays than HS.

Omega

Banned

Regular DM is to get you warmed up for comp, so how you kill the enemy doesn't really matter. Death by toe shot counts just the same as death by headshot. HS DM is to train you and help keep your crosshair at head level.

Obviously once you can consistently do that it loses it's purpose and then you just go to regular DM, but I think most players should spend time in a HS only DM so they learn to aim at chest or head level instead of aiming at the floor or people's dicks and then relying on a flick shot.

cHinzo

I feel like playing HS only DM makes u aim better, because u can only kill with headshots, so the crosshair placement is the most important in that mode and u focus a lot having ur crosshair on their heads at all time when tracking their heads. Normal DM doesn't really do much for ur aim compared to HS only imo, but u can practice spraying I guess.

Rivitur

Banned
Just played a game where people were complaining that I'm a smurf so they quit. I told them I sucked and sure enough ended up with 3 hs with usp in the first round.

Turns out they have MGE, nova 4 and 3 mg1 while my team had 1 mg1 and 3 nova 4's. This game...

Omega

Banned
Just played a game where people were complaining that I'm a smurf so they quit. I told them I sucked and sure enough ended up with 3 hs with usp in the first round.

Turns out they have MGE, nova 4 and 3 mg1 while my team had 1 mg1 and 3 nova 4's. This game...

well I mean none of this is wrong..

BraXzy

I've pretty much never played a Counter Strike game besides like one match of CS: Source. I've only had a PC for the past few years and I never got round to trying the series out, I should be ashamed I know.

I recently felt the hype to try this out and picked it up in the sale. Just wondering what would be the best course of action for me to get into the game. I don't really play PC shooters in general so I will be a super noob. I noticed some channel links in the OP but I was wondering if people had a favourite tutorial/intro/guide. Help? :3

udiie

https://www.youtube.com/user/CurseCS/videos?view=0&flow=grid&sort=p
watch any of his pro tip videos, aim placement is key, as well as his ak guide, awp tips, etc.
try and play DM a lot and get yourself used to how recoil works in the game (hint, stop to shoot, aim at the head, shoot in appropriate bursts/sprays according to distance)
if you can get used to using the opposite direction key to stop yourself faster, while aiming at heads, you'll be fine

also, give pro matches a watch on occasion. .you'll learn at ton (and probably be overwhelmed at first a bit) about strategy, timing, appropriate actions etc.

Haroon

I've pretty much never played a Counter Strike game besides like one match of CS: Source. I've only had a PC for the past few years and I never got round to trying the series out, I should be ashamed I know.

I recently felt the hype to try this out and picked it up in the sale. Just wondering what would be the best course of action for me to get into the game. I don't really play PC shooters in general so I will be a super noob. I noticed some channel links in the OP but I was wondering if people had a favourite tutorial/intro/guide. Help? :3

I think this is a pretty good guide to improve your aim, but it requires you to spend a lot of time doing boring stuff. I suppose it's a bit more advanced because you're just starting out. But if you feel that you want to spend your time becoming better at this game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3anjtd/how_to_train_your_aim_by_the_16_yo_semipro/

If you don't want to do that. Others have linked some guides that will be useful to you as well. I recommend just playing the game for a while to get used to it (it's very different than other shooters). I don't recommend heading straight into Competitive Mode, but that's up to you.

Top Bottom