• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

MayMay

Banned
Yup. Even in 2015 CSGO is still full of hackers and smurfs. Glad nothing changed :D

In other news,

Mayhems Professional Deranking Service™ is now open for business.

I can provide you with a very good derank for the cheap price of simply being in my lobby while I'm playing. The deranks happen automatically lol

Haroon

Yup. Even in 2015 CSGO is still full of hackers and smurfs. Glad nothing changed :D

In other news,

I can provide you with a very good derank for the cheap price of simply being in my lobby while I'm playing. The deranks happen automatically lol

Please, I need derank.

In other news,

Im still silver 2 really need to get to silver 1 I may enlist your services and some stage :D

Haroon

New setup is done:
phFXqvW.jpg

garath

Time for some New Years celebrateration.

Maybe you'll wake up from a brutal hangover tomorrow and find that you've won a sweet M4 skin.

Don't you fuckin' hassle me and tell me I could've combined these 2 giveaways into one PM to ModBot. That would be the smart thing to do, and I ain't no good at being smart.

Got the skin :)

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Now I'm going to have to switch to the M4A1-S for awhile. lol. Going to be hard. I tend to use a lot of ammo ha

Sande

You could say I'm in elohell. I'm one of the Master Guardian ranks (can't remember which and the game won't tell me due to inactivity) and so I'm put against other Master Guardians and high Gold Novas. The problem is, I haven't played in about a year and I should probably be a Silver Elite at this point since I've regressed like crazy. I have absolutely no chance in any 1v1 situation. I'm lucky to hit them once.

After being inactive for so long, the game shouldn't stubbornly keep your rank. Yes, the rank would probably come down pretty fast but when I go 0-20 with some assholes flaming me for the entire match, any desire to play the game dies completely and I just go back to other games.

cHinzo

You could say I'm in elohell. I'm one of the Master Guardian ranks (can't remember which and the game won't tell me due to inactivity) and so I'm put against other Master Guardians and high Gold Novas. The problem is, I haven't played in about a year and I should probably be a Silver Elite at this point since I've regressed like crazy. I have absolutely no chance in any 1v1 situation. I'm lucky to hit them once.

After being inactive for so long, the game shouldn't stubbornly keep your rank. Yes, the rank would probably come down pretty fast but when I go 0-20 with some assholes flaming me for the entire match, any desire to play the game dies completely and I just go back to other games.

From what I've seen is that you don't necessarily keep your rank after inactivity. I know I deranked when I didn't play for a while.

On another note, Impacto too good. ;__;

soultron

Banned
Got the skin :)

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Now I'm going to have to switch to the M4A1-S for awhile. lol. Going to be hard. I tend to use a lot of ammo ha
Nice! enjoy!

The M4A1 is so forgiving with aim and recoil that I miss it sometimes, but having the extra M4A4 ammo is important to me too!

Uriah

You do lose your rank after a while, I just don't know how long. It happened to me.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

s344.png

s140.png

s397.png

Galil | Statrak Kami (FN) -- MB-997936BE517BCCCF - Taken by ussjtrunks. 9 entrants total.

P250 | Supernova (MW) -- MB-EBD1434CFDA91F2A - Taken by garath. 12 entrants total.

AK 47 | Safari Mesh (BS) -- MB-A80E8F09727551E5 - Taken by ericksakti. 4 entrants total.

t1420257282z1.png

message is too short blabla

cHinzo

Tweeday's top 20 plays of 2014. I like this one more than the HLTV's one personally, since that one lacked a couple of plays like the one from ex6tenz and Friberg. With so many great plays this year, making a top 20 instead of a top 10 was a good call from him. Also a funny thing I noticed: compared to last year, there were much more AWP plays made this year.

haveheart

Banned
Just buy a IPS 60hz 21:9 panel. You won't be disappoint.

Thanks for your recommendations so far. But I have problems with my 21" having to turn my head a bit to see the radar in the top left corner. I can only see this being worse on a 21:9...

I know this isn't the hardware thread, but since CS is basically the only game I play steadily...

I just cannot decide: These are my three favs and I know they differ in every aspect.

- the Dell P2414h. IPS and according to reviews decent input lag and responsiveness.
- the Iiyama XB2483. AMVA+ panel, no ips problems, also decent lag/ms for gaming
- and a 144hz display, maybe also the iiyama, since it comes cheapest (I ignore acer products)

I also do lots of office work, i.e. writing/word and statistics/excel. I've read a 144hz display is really good for office work because it's comfy for the eyes. On the other hand there a reports that excel work on 144hz TNs is horrible due to bad contrast and viewing angle so that u can't even see the cell lines...

As I said, I know this is the CSGO thread, so just ignore if this annoys you :)

Paul did you try a crosshair generator? You can change a lot of the crosshair. Also try a Viewmodel changing community map.

I changed mines so I can see more on the screen. It helps me team kill you in the game last night.

CS GO is 7.49 again....

Haroon

Thanks for your recommendations so far. But I have problems with my 21" having to turn my head a bit to see the radar in the top left corner. I can only see this being worse on a 21:9...

I know this isn't the hardware thread, but since CS is basically the only game I play steadily...

I just cannot decide: These are my three favs and I know they differ in every aspect.

- the Dell P2414h. IPS and according to reviews decent input lag and responsiveness.
- the Iiyama XB2483. AMVA+ panel, no ips problems, also decent lag/ms for gaming
- and a 144hz display, maybe also the iiyama, since it comes cheapest (I ignore acer products)

I also do lots of office work, i.e. writing/word and statistics/excel. I've read a 144hz display is really good for office work because it's comfy for the eyes. On the other hand there a reports that excel work on 144hz TNs is horrible due to bad contrast and viewing angle so that u can't even see the cell lines...

As I said, I know this is the CSGO thread, so just ignore if this annoys you :)

I recommend a high quality 144hz panel instead of the others. The additional hertz make a huge difference. So much that going back to 60 hertz makes everything feel, and look super slow. But for productivity sake, having a 21:9 panel will help you a lot more because there's more screen space available for you. So, I think that in the end, it's up to you. Buying a 144 hertz panel will increase your fun times when you're playing CS, but buying a 21:9 panel will help you get your work done faster. Other than that, if you're having trouble seeing the edges of your monitor, try moving the monitor a little back.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Paul did you try a crosshair generator? You can change a lot of the crosshair. Also try a Viewmodel changing community map.

I changed mines so I can see more on the screen. It helps me team kill you in the game last night.

CS GO is 7.49 again....

Two TK in one game :mad:

MayMay

Banned
Installing custom HUDs for Payday 2 just reminded me how much I want custom CSGO Huds back.. they disabled that at some point saying they'd reenable it but that never happened.

Also, Atsou - dafuck. lol

frbrr

Installing custom HUDs for Payday 2 just reminded me how much I want custom CSGO Huds back.. they disabled that at some point saying they'd reenable it but that never happened.

Also, Atsou - dafuck. lol

Don't worry, HUDs will be back as soon as valve find a way to monetize it!

MayMay

Banned
Is there a dedicated thread to B/S/T skins in or is that handled here in this thread?

There's no dedicated thread for that, no. Only time we talk about skins is when we lose them in bets or give them away in giveaways, but there's a first for everything so if you want to sell something feel free to post it here I suppose. Safer anyways, because everyone in this thread is 500x more trustworthy than anyone on CSGL or elsewhere lol

Omega

Banned
Is there a dedicated thread to B/S/T skins in or is that handled here in this thread?

Handled here. Not many people on GAF play CS, not enough cutscenes or handholding. You can either post what you would like to BST here or there's a subreddit.

Also I just got to Nova Prospekt in HL2. How many more vehicle sections should I be expecting? I feel like this game has been a poor driving simulator.

Handled here. Not many people on GAF play CS, not enough cutscenes or handholding. You can either post what you would like to BST here or there's a subreddit.

Also I just got to Nova Prospekt in HL2. How many more vehicle sections should I be expecting? I feel like this game has been a poor driving simulator.

There's only 2 driving sections.

MayMay

Banned
Yeah, you're good now. I think there's no more vehicle section after you get to Nova Prospect. The next one is gonna be in HL2 EP2

Top Bottom