• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Trading ST Jaguar Minimal Wear for ST Rebel Minimal Wear pls someone.

I'll trade you better, dual berettas contractors, battle scarred but two guns are better than one. I will also throw in a sticker capsule version 3 for good measure. Honestly i'm ripping myself off.

The game I just had reminded me why I shouldn't solo queue.

yeah, sometimes you just meet the worst people, but sometimes you can make new friends.

MayMay

Banned
Got fucking rekt today in premade games, I solo'd one - and won actually, but I had to mute everyone because they were all toxic :( So overall, shit day.
Hope tomorrow is gonna be better lol

yeah, sometimes you just meet the worst people, but sometimes you can make new friends.

You're a funny guy, I never made new friends in solo matchmaking. :( Pls tell me your secret

Omega

Banned
Got fucking rekt today in premade games, I solo'd one - and won actually, but I had to mute everyone because they were all toxic :( So overall, shit day.
Hope tomorrow is gonna be better lol

You're a funny guy, I never made new friends in solo matchmaking. :( Pls tell me your secret

I don't play with them much but there's 2 guys I'm "friends" with through solo queue. we don't play but we do talk every so often. It's not that hard.

soultron

Banned
What all did you use for this?

Like, do you need Maya or something to make skins? I thought it was a simple photoshop some textures and then use Workshop to edit or whatever process. Unlike actually making items a la Team Fortress 2.

For custom paint jobs like mine, you'll need to edit the UV sheets via projection painting and working directly on the 2D UV.

Other finish types have different processes, such as defining R G and B channels, or making a simple tiling texture, and more.

For custom paint jobs, the work flow and programs involved, for me, were as follows:

Load the weapon OBJ in a program like 3D-Coat and make sure it's connected to Photoshop.
Projection painting in Photoshop and then saving updates the OBJ back in 3D-Coat.
Touch ups in Photoshop, export the 2D UV sheet as a targa file.
Convert the targa to a VTF in VTFEdit.

Import the VTF in the Workbench in CSGO, inspect, and then submit!

Very easy since you're only dealing with the diffuse, essentially. You can do normal maps and then flatten them with faked directional lighting too, as seen on the P250 Cartel, for example. You won't be modelling any geo unless it's part of a normal you're flattening, basically.

If you ever want to make skins, I will be happy to help!

Omega

Banned
If you want to kill someone but don't want the blood on your hands, tell them to watch a Thorin video and take a shot every time he says crucial or crucially

Blizzard

Banned
I finally installed CS:GO today for the first time and tried it. I did the weapons training course and then jumped into casual online.

It seems kind of cool, but I have already hit a bug that is preventing me from playing whatsoever. My mouse cursor is stuck on, it moves around but does not move the player view (unless I do cl_mouseenable 1), and in either case I cannot use any keyboard controls unless I'm dead.

I was able to briefly type in allchat once I was dead, but as soon as I respawned, the mouse cursor was back and my controls got disabled again. Is there any way to fix this when it happens without killing CS:GO entirely and trying to find the server again?

*edit* I tried asking in chat about it while I was dead, and someone just did a vote to kick me instead of making suggestions. :( Then the game silently crashed to desktop after I entered a queue to find another server.

soultron

Banned
Can you think of any hardware issues that could be causing this? Are you playing on a laptop with a USB mouse plugged in?
Are you playing full screen, borderless, or windowed? Did you ALT+TAB out of the game?
Did you right click while TAB (default bind shows scoreboard, RMB enables cursor to do things like muting players from the scoreboard) and get stuck?
Have you tried restarting your PC?
Have you tried verifying the contents of the game cache? (This is a last resort that probably won't work, seeing as how you just bought + installed.)

That definitely sounds like a stroke of bad luck as a first-time player! We will try to work it out with you. :)

Blizzard

Banned
Can you think of any hardware issues that could be causing this? Are you playing on a laptop with a USB mouse plugged in?

That definitely sounds like a stroke of bad luck as a first-time player! We will try to work it out with you. :)
Nope, desktop PC, Windows 7 home premium 64-bit, USB mouse/keyboard, decent mid-high system, played other Source games for ages with no issues (TF2, L4D2, etc.).

It appears to be this invisible-menu-screen bug, or something similar, and I'm not sure if there is a solution: http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/882962139161500976/

*edit* Just had another crash, this time on map load when I alt-tabbed. I seem to remember old Source games used to have alt-tab crash problems. Is CS:GO sensitive to this?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

compliment randoms over and over, and inflate their ego.

I decided to play with a silver 1 friend on my smurf and it feels so wrong, no one knows how to crouch walk, people don't follow buy rounds, people typing while alive, my friend is on my ass the whole time lol. Telling people how to run strats is the toughest part though. I can see why smurfs do it, feeling like a god amongst silver 1s is pretty fun, for the most part they are still developing their game sense, or even learning the maps.

Atruvius

Nope, desktop PC, Windows 7 home premium 64-bit, USB mouse/keyboard, decent mid-high system, played other Source games for ages with no issues (TF2, L4D2, etc.).

It appears to be this invisible-menu-screen bug, or something similar, and I'm not sure if there is a solution: http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/882962139161500976/

*edit* Just had another crash, this time on map load when I alt-tabbed. I seem to remember old Source games used to have alt-tab crash problems. Is CS:GO sensitive to this?

Yup. Alt-tabbing while match is loading sometimes crashes the game. I don't remember it crashing while in match though.

Blizzard

Banned
I haven't had the mouse cursor stuck bug happen again at least. I was indeed muting people while right clicked, so maybe there was some interaction between right click muting, alt-tabbing, and being dead that made the keyboard completely disabled GUI style when I was alive.

Haroon

I alt tabbed once out of csgo. I regret that day. It was just like any other day. I had free time, and I wanted to play some GO. I started up the search in casual matchmaking. I knew that alt tabbing would do something, but I never imagined it to be that painful. The horror that I witnessed upon alt tabbing was too much to bare for one brown man to handle. What I saw on my monitor upon alt tabbing was...
my face

Edit: Someone trade ST MW Jag for FN Vulcan or ST FT Vulcan?

haveheart

Banned
I alt tabbed once out of csgo. I regret that day. It was just like any other day. I had free time, and I wanted to play some GO. I started up the search in casual matchmaking. I knew that alt tabbing would do something, but I never imagined it to be that painful. The horror that I witnessed upon alt tabbing was too much to bare for one brown man to handle. What I saw on my monitor upon alt tabbing was...
my face

When I Alt+Tab the round starting music doesn't stop. It just keeps repeating for the whole rest of the match. Very annoying...

NIN90

Try fiddling around with the Raw Input setting in the mouse options. I faintly remember a mate having a similar problem.

vocab

1.6 had registration problems very server dependent but the game had a controlled randomness. Go has some janky shit where you see blood and you get no hits. Also a lot of 90 damage 1 hit situations. Reminds me of the big problem cod1 had with 99 damage 1 hit situations with bolt actions.

garath

I use borderless windowed and have no issues with all tabbing at any point. I'm usually playing another game on the other monitor during casual play actually lol

I dont even know whats wrong with csgo servers atm but im not playing MM till they sort it, 40 ping in Titanfall all morning switch to csgo 300 ping @~@

cHinzo

Aimface just came back from 2-14 to finish it 19-15. \o/

Edit: whoop whoop!
7a9ec725c5.jpg

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Beta stuff? :O

I posted this elswhere, but I'll share it here too.

I've released image galleries for models and textures for several unreleased/cut CS:GO maps:

Alleyway
Depot
Embassy
Vostok/Balkan

These are based on files Valve left in the public beta, but patched out a while ago. Figured it'd be interesting to see bits of maps they never shipped. The maps themselves were never released in any form in GO.

MayMay

Banned
I posted this elswhere, but I'll share it here too.

I've released image galleries for models and textures for several unreleased/cut CS:GO maps:

Alleyway
Depot
Embassy
Vostok/Balkan

These are based on files Valve left in the public beta, but patched out a while ago. Figured it'd be interesting to see bits of maps they never shipped. The maps themselves were never released in any form in GO.

Oh cool, I saw that on Reddit. Nice job, enjoyed looking through that stuff.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can see why they cut Alley. Doesn't seem like it'd play good, if it's based on No Mercy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
lost 7 games in a row , top guy in all of them, i cant win, my teams just dont care, every one is just running and dying :(

I dont know what to do

Played my first two mm matches ever after 15 years cs and this is way more fun then casual :p. Why did I wait so long?

Now begins the horrible 24 hours wait till i can play again.

In both matches the opposing teams had players that teamattacked and got voted off. Does that happen alot? :/

Wunder

Played my first two mm matches ever after 15 years cs and this is way more fun then casual :p. Why did I wait so long?

In both matches the opposing teams had players that teamattacked and got voted off. Does that happen alot? :/

Sometimes! If you're dominating a game it isn't too unusual to have some ragers on the other team that argue and disagree with each other and start TKing or trying to kick each other off.

cHinzo

Luckily for u, u only need to wait like 20 hours! :D

Where have you managed to get all these betting skins from?

Sold all my skins I didn't use. Bought a big skin which was 25% under the lounge value using csgobackpack for €28 (45 value on lounge), made some profit off it until I lost it on a bet (€48 in wallet). Searched on csgobackpack for another good deal and bought that Stat Trak Redline WW for €38 (54 value on lounge and atm on the market for €44). Won the DVST and Aimface bet. Both gave great value and now I'm up €110. Prolly gonna lose my bet on Gplay though, with the way Aimface is playing, but got some more room to buy a big item again, while still making profit. :D

61d68b7a97.png

Made some good profit since I came back from betting.

In short:
-buy skin
-win bets
-keep the used betting skin, while cashing all the winnings out
-bet till u lose
-use cash from winnings to buy a new skin
-repeat

Sometimes! If you're dominating a game it isn't too unusual to have some ragers on the other team that argue and disagree with each other and start TKing or trying to kick each other off.
Ah it got one-sided after just that 1 guy on the other team started TK-ing.

Finally realised how much I suck at retaking bomb sites and paying attetion to other things that happen on the map. Sometimes I just tunnelvision on 1 enemy and he just HAS to die :p .

cHinzo

Yeah, if u fail at step 2, it's over quite quickly. :d

Ah it got one-sided after just that 1 guy on the other team started TK-ing.

Finally realised how much I suck at retaking bomb sites and paying attetion to other things that happen on the map. Sometimes I just tunnelvision on 1 enemy and he just HAS to die :p .

The art of retreating. Sometimes it's just better to back off and get urself in a better spot or situation. You ain't useful when you're dead. If they're storming in a site, sometimes it's just better to get out of the site and retake it with ur team, than trying to hold them off on your own and just getting urself killed. For example, you're playing Dust2 at long. The guy at short dies, because he's getting rushed. It's usually better to hold long and wait for your team to rotate to A and try to retake the site together, instead of rotating instantly to A and try to hold them off at the spot, which usually results in your team dieing one by one. Took me a very long time to do this myself. :p

Top Bottom