• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Missions are so fucking stupid. First try on Marquis, my team has two abandoners and gets blown out 2-16 or something. Then I need 14 rounds. Second time we destroy them and they surrender when it's 7-1... now I need 7. Wait another 20 minutes for match and someone abandons during warmup and I have to wait AGAIN for a match and get no progress towards the mission.

cHinzo

0.08 on dismay payed off!

why would you ever bet on torqued with those odds?

Money is still money. :d but I forgot it was Steel's team.

d81702d54b.jpg

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Guys, i'm going to cast the two silver 1 games I played last night, come and laugh. Right now i'm streaming a live game but we'll get to a real game soon.

Blizzard

Banned
Day 2: What does it mean when the killcam is solid black? I've seen this a few times.

Also, I have a Nelu sticker offer and it confuses me. I need an offer letter to be able to buy certain stickers? Or is this something different?

Haroon

Day 2: What does it mean when the killcam is solid black? I've seen this a few times.

Also, I have a Nelu sticker offer and it confuses me. I need an offer letter to be able to buy certain stickers? Or is this something different?

You get offered to buy a sticker if you want. You can also find them in the Market place.

Blizzard

Banned
You get offered to buy a sticker if you want. You can also find them in the Market place.
What's the difference? How would I use the offer, and is it cheaper than the marketplace?

Also I got my first weapon skin drop, Boreal Forest P250. I'm sure it's very common but it made me happy. I got a double kill with the pistol right after getting it which was cool too.

Haroon

What's the difference? How would I use the offer, and is it cheaper than the marketplace?

Also I got my first weapon skin drop, Boreal Forest P250. I'm sure it's very common but it made me happy. I got a double kill with the pistol right after getting it which was cool too.

No difference. You can buy a sticker that sells for more in the Marketplace, and sell it to gain some profit. You simply buy the sticker to use the offer, and sometimes it is cheaper in the marketplace. Grats on the first skinzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Jealous. I really wanted a team for this upcoming ESEA season but alas I simply cannot commit to it.

I'm not practicing or anything. Just showing up for matches when I can.

Omega

Banned
most of those offers don't even get you money. in fact you lose out on a lot of them

you're better off just buying one from the marketplace

Blizzard

Banned
most of those offers don't even get you money. in fact you lose out on a lot of them

you're better off just buying one from the marketplace
Yeah I finally figured out I could use the thing at the top of the game itself to buy it, when I'm not in a match. I could then immediately sell for maybe $0.06 profit. I didn't feel like going through the hassle at the moment. :p

Of course my weapon drop is worth maybe $0.03 so I could have bought another one, but still. That way lies madness.

Same. Ugh, I hate Steel.

I actually watched the games from his perspective, it was really interesting to see, especially since he makes all the calls and whatnot.

I missed the first match but apparently they 16-0'd on Mirage. They were having a much harder time on inferno and nuke though, but it was mostly because they started t-side and none of their stuff really worked well.

Now people are claiming Torqued might have thrown for the odds (it was 94% in their favour or something) since Steel was "smiling" when they lost. That really didn't mean anything.

The dumb thing was that Steel streamed his POV with only 10-15 secs of delay. And then he's whining that they're stream sniping but he doesn't do anything to prevent it. It's almost like he wanted to have an excuse in case they lost.

impact

Banned
Jealous. I really wanted a team for this upcoming ESEA season but alas I simply cannot commit to it.

I wish I was in high school again so I could play CS for 10 hours a day

The good old days of go to school -> come home -> pugs/scrims till 1-2AM -> sleep -> repeat

garath

After some thought I realised unless you have a massive amount of crap skins, (which I don't) trade-ups are Not Worth It.

I agree. I traded up a bunch of blues for the next step up. I think it was a total of $3 worth of skins to end up with a skin worth about 40 cents. :/

soultron

Banned
After some thought I realised unless you have a massive amount of crap skins, (which I don't) trade-ups are Not Worth It.

If you're not betting, you'll build up crap skins very quickly, which can then be strategically used for trade-ups. I cleaned out TONNES of my old skins (~40) over my holiday break, spent $7 bucks on skins I needed to round out several trade-up contracts, and ended up with a WW M4A4 Asiimov and a FN G18 Water Elemental, among others.

For whatever reason, I've found that my luck with the Vanguard case has been stupidly good, meaning I've had so many Purples to burn through. Hell, I even gave away a Basilisk and a Griffin the other day because I am just Scrooge McDuck swimming in my comedy of riches right now.

TL;DR: I've gotten way too many Purples and Pinks from the Vanguard case and trade-up contracts are definitely worth it.

Xizk

Any betting predictions for tonight? Feeling like A51 should take paradox, since A51 is an invite team, a bad one, but should take Paradox which is more of a mix. Then HJC will win as they are the iBP team without the organisation.

soultron

Banned
I feel like I want to wait a month before even making speculative bets. With the shakeup going on in NA, I don't want to touch any of those guys right now. And with EU players coming back from holidays, I want to see how they play for a bit first.

garath

If you're not betting, you'll build up crap skins very quickly, which can then be strategically used for trade-ups. I cleaned out TONNES of my old skins (~40) over my holiday break, spent $7 bucks on skins I needed to round out several trade-up contracts, and ended up with a WW M4A4 Asiimov and a FN G18 Water Elemental, among others.

For whatever reason, I've found that my luck with the Vanguard case has been stupidly good, meaning I've had so many Purples to burn through. Hell, I even gave away a Basilisk and a Griffin the other day because I am just Scrooge McDuck swimming in my comedy of riches right now.

TL;DR: I've gotten way too many Purples and Pinks from the Vanguard case and trade-up contracts are definitely worth it.

Wow. My Vanguard luck hasn't been nearly as good. Phoenix I've been doing well though. Wish those dropped more often. I'm still sitting on half a dozen Vanguard cases. They sell for so little.

soultron

Banned
Wow. My Vanguard luck hasn't been nearly as good. Phoenix I've been doing well though. Wish those dropped more often. I'm still sitting on half a dozen Vanguard cases. They sell for so little.

If you sit on them until the end of the Op, I'm sure the price will go back up. It's a very, very good case, considering that it has 2 M4s, an AK, the P2K Fire Elemental, and lots of decent Blues. Considering that the AK and the P2K are at the top of that case in terms of rarity, it also means that it (and any weaps from the collection) will be sought after for trade-ups as well.

The only bad thing about the case is that the market is flooded with them right now since the Op drops them 100% if you're doing a mission with a case as the reward. That might put a ceiling on the value for a bit, but as people sell or open them after the Op is over, the scarcity will increase, as will value.

garath

If you sit on them until the end of the Op, I'm sure the price will go back up. It's a very, very good case, considering that it has 2 M4s, an AK, the P2K Fire Elemental, and lots of decent Blues. Considering that the AK and the P2K are at the top of that case in terms of rarity, it also means that it (and any weaps from the collection) will be sought after for trade-ups as well.

The only bad thing about the case is that the market is flooded with them right now since the Op drops them 100% if you're doing a mission with a case as the reward. That might put a ceiling on the value for a bit, but as people sell or open them after the Op is over, the scarcity will increase, as will value.

Yeah. I'm torn on actually opening a couple more (lol) and just holding on to them for selling. It's hard to resist the temptation of opening sometimes hah.

cHinzo

Any betting predictions for tonight? Feeling like A51 should take paradox, since A51 is an invite team, a bad one, but should take Paradox which is more of a mix. Then HJC will win as they are the iBP team without the organisation.
Wanted to bet on Quit to get my money back (or quit lol), but the bots were offline. T.T

HJC will most likely win against Lunatik. Paradox vs A51 might be a close game though. I think the only think A51 has over Paradox is experience. Their aim level should be quite similar.

ChrisW

Quick question, are Vanguard items likely to rise in price when the operation finishes? I have a FN Fire Elemental that is currently worth about £13, but I might keep hold of it until the operation finishes if it's going to rise.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Quick question, are Vanguard items likely to rise in price when the operation finishes? I have a FN Fire Elemental that is currently worth about £13, but I might keep hold of it until the operation finishes if it's going to rise.

now, i'm no expert on prices, but imo the price should continue to drop for a while while the cases are so prevalent. I remember selling off a factory new m4a1-s cyrex for $90 when breakout was still active, it's selling right now for low $60s if that is any perspective. so as long as no one buys out the market, the price should continue to drop.

Won my second two matches as well :D. The last 5 rounds of the second match I couldn't find any enemies so somebody stole my top frag position :mad:.

Just gonna stare at the wall now till that long 20 hour wait is over :p

Top Bottom