• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

MayMay

Banned
I hated Facade until I was forced to play it a few times.. now I.. uh.. love it? lol I definitely got a bad first impression on that map..

garath

So even though I rarely AWP, I'm annoyed having the default skin for it (oh how far I've fallen). Thinking redline to go with my AK. Any other good suggestions around $10? My kid likes the Electric hive but I'm not sold on it. Corticera looks pretty nice too. My chances of unboxing an awp skin is pretty slim.

udiie

So even though I rarely AWP, I'm annoyed having the default skin for it (oh how far I've fallen). Thinking redline to go with my AK. Any other good suggestions around $10? My kid likes the Electric hive but I'm not sold on it. Corticera looks pretty nice too. My chances of unboxing an awp skin is pretty slim.
The odds to trade up for a FN corticera are not bad. Well, they weren't until I didn't get one for about 6 trade ups. But that was after 10 or so successful ones

garath

The odds to trade up for a FN corticera are not bad. Well, they weren't until I didn't get one for about 6 trade ups. But that was after 10 or so successful ones

Hmm. I'm going to have to read up on trade up contracts. I usually just haphazardly combine and get crap. lol

MayMay

Banned
In terms of cheap AWPs.. My favourite would be the Pink DDPAT one. #2 would be a nice looking AWP Redline.

Sadly I lost all my skins while betting so atm I have neither lol. #TeamDefaultAWP

udiie

Hmm. I'm going to have to read up on trade up contracts. I usually just haphazardly combine and get crap. lol

long story short, odds are higher if you trade up all items of a similar quality (FN, MW, etc.) and all of the same collection. it seems there is some sort of fail-safe however, as after getting one FN corticera, I'd get probably one or two MW of the same collection. also, theres a chance you can end up with the P2000 corticera, which is a small loss. its about a 25-30% chance if i had to look at my odds.
maybe ill give one a try tonight (burnt all my profits on steam sale stuff/shitty bets) and if it goes well, ill message you

Omega

Banned
animl, that "Is this the year of the western RPG" thread is a god damn embarassment.

Got dudes saying Bloodborne is as much of an RPG as Bayonetta and Wonderful 101, another guy saying Batman is an RPG. People challenging people to list wars

MayMay

Banned
animl, that "Is this the year of the western RPG" thread is a god damn embarassment.

Got dudes saying Bloodborne is as much of an RPG as Bayonetta and Wonderful 101, another guy saying Batman is an RPG. People challenging people to list wars

Wait WHAT

Can anyone whos super high ranked on here hop on the gaf server and give me some tips to get better :) or even post some stuff on here

garath

long story short, odds are higher if you trade up all items of a similar quality (FN, MW, etc.) and all of the same collection. it seems there is some sort of fail-safe however, as after getting one FN corticera, I'd get probably one or two MW of the same collection. also, theres a chance you can end up with the P2000 corticera, which is a small loss. its about a 25-30% chance if i had to look at my odds.
maybe ill give one a try tonight (burnt all my profits on steam sale stuff/shitty bets) and if it goes well, ill message you

Cool. That'd be good. It looks like I could buy up some of the components for around $6? Could be worth it.

Blizzard

Banned
Asking one more time just in case anyone's seen it: Does anyone know what it means when a killcam is solid black?

I had this happen a couple of times yesterday. Just used the casual find-server button thing, seemed like a normal server, someone said it was 64-tick. Most times the killcam would be fine. But a couple of times, I would see the Christmas decoration border, but the killcam center itself would be solid black, so I could not see where the person who killed me was standing.

Does that happen if you are shot through a wall, maybe?

udiie

DnSZql7.jpg
next gen media everyone

MayMay

Banned
Just tuned into that guys stream.. And I'm out again. Why is anyone watching him.

Edit: Also why is everyone trading up for Dragon Lore AWPs these days? Seen so many streamers do that recently.

KiKaL

What kind of mousepads are most of you using? I've been using just a crappy small mousepad with a wrist rest for years now and feel it's time to get something a bit better/bigger.

Razor Vespula looks interesting since it has the removable wrist pad. I am a developer so I enjoy having the option of wrist support but I know Razor gear isn't really all that well made. I could also just use my old mouse pad when non-gaming. It's also a bit pricey when it looks like steelseries mouse pads are $10 - $20.

Omega

Banned
Just tuned into that guys stream.. And I'm out again. Why is anyone watching him.

Edit: Also why is everyone trading up for Dragon Lore AWPs these days? Seen so many streamers do that recently.

because people are spreading false information about how much the gun is worth.

Most people are selling a FN for about 600-700 keys these days, which comes out to $1500-$1750. I think when he was explaining why he's doing this he was under the impression it was worth way more. Most streamers/pros are too dumb to go to CSGOLounge/CSGOstash and spend 5 minutes seeing how much stuff is actually worth and instead listen to their dumbass chat

Arucardo

because people are spreading false information about how much the gun is worth.

Most people are selling a FN for about 600-700 keys these days, which comes out to $1500-$1750. I think when he was explaining why he's doing this he was under the impression it was worth way more. Most streamers/pros are too dumb to go to CSGOLounge/CSGOstash and spend 5 minutes seeing how much stuff is actually worth and instead listen to their dumbass chat

Yeah, over the last 180 days the average for FN Dragon lore's sold on the market is like 300 eur

EDIT: nvm, didn't realise there's a cap on the steam market.

cresto

Finally figured out how much money I have spent
(wasted)
on this game....

asstH8k.jpg

Y'all should post your higher amounts to let me know how much you've put into it.

garath

Finally figured out how much money I have spent
(wasted)
on this game....

asstH8k.jpg

Y'all should post your higher amounts to let me know how much you've put into it.

Oh god. $70. Why did you show me this link? I thought I was maybe $30-40 into it. How the hell did I spend that much? I didn't open THAT many cases!

Haroon

What time is ur match on Atsuo? I'd like to watch

I have no idea man. I'll post here when a match is coming up.

Can anyone whos super high ranked on here hop on the gaf server and give me some tips to get better :) or even post some stuff on here

Let's say that you're about to peek a corner in which there's a high chance that there's going to be an enemy waiting there (potentially a sniper). Instead of yolo going out there, you could jiggle peek them. Jiggle peeking is basically quickly peeking to get information about a specific area. A few examples where you should definitely use it is long A, Window in Mirage, and many other locations. You could even use it in cat in Dust 2. So, Jiggle peeking is the act of peeking a corner and then retreating immediately after. It can be used for spotting an area, and making the sniper miss his or her shots.

Blizzard

Banned
This guy trying to understand basic math is hurting my brain.

5 x 10% =/= 1 x 50%
I know lol
wow he's still debating that? I was watching like 15 minutes ago just for the hell of it and got bored waiting for him to realize 50% is better than 10%
I think he's about to do it now.
I'm apparently an ultra math noob, so I tried to do the math on this to make sure I understand.

Assumptions:
  1. Each unboxing is an independent event (getting the prize you want is not affected by whatever your last unboxing produced).
  2. The goal is to calculate the odds of getting the prize you want, out of unboxing one or more crates.
  3. In other words, what is the probability of AT LEAST one crate having the prize you want?
The probability of at least one event you want occurring is equal to 1 - (probability of NONE of the desired events occurring), correct?

First, looking at 1 crate with 50% chance of desired prize. The probability of NONE of the desired events occurring is also 50%. The overall probability of AT LEAST one event is thus (1 - (50%)) == (1 - 0.5) == (0.5), correct?

Next, looking at the 5-crate case, with 10% chance of the desired prize. The probability of NONE of the desired events occurring is the probability of a sequence of independent "bad" events, each with a 90% probability. Multiplying all these probabilities together to check the odds of the "bad" sequence is (0.90)*(0.90)*(0.90)*(0.90)*(0.90) == (0.59049), correct? Then, (1.0 - 0.59049) == (0.40951).

So if I did it all correctly, 5 crates of 10% each would be about 41% odds, as opposed to 50% odds with the single crate.

Arucardo

Played a cobblestone match in soloqueue for a mission and it was the most russian match ever, everyone but me was speaking russian, even the opposing team.

Also, some nova 4 was telling me how to play and blaming me every time he died, especially if I wasn't there lol. Not surprised he was bottom scoring.

Blizzard

Banned
In my wealth of experience thus far (2 days) I have learned a sort of unique feeling:

As a super new player, I notice servers will sometimes have 1-3 players on a team who are way better than everyone else. It would make sense to follow them, watch them, and work with them, to get better yourself and help your team, right? So I try to sometimes do that.

However, the unique feeling comes about when you normally do that, and then in the middle of a match you look around. And you see one or two players near you...but the names are wrong. Wait a minute. These are the BOTTOM-SCORING players.

And suddenly the hair on your neck stands up and you realize you're with the Doomed Squadron and you should be on the other side of the map with the Competent Survivors. It's like a horror game where you just walked into the wrong neighborhood.

Haroon

Ok, so when you make the call that an enemy has a sniper do you say 'op' as in opticle or 'awp'' :p ?

I say that there's an op in x. As in there's an op at long a, or the guy is oping window.

Both are fine, being honest. Stressing the W to make "op" sound phonetically like "awp"/"auwp" is up to you.

I think the shorter you can make your call, the better. You want to get the important information out there as soon as possible so that way you can clear the voice com because you want to be able to hear footsteps.

MayMay

Banned
Just had the worst game of my god damn life on Nuke, not only did my whole team not communicate - everyone did stupid shit as well. Fucking ridiculous. Never lost faith this early in a match before.
I tried calling out a bunch of stuff, but --- nothing. So I just gave up and got it over with. Ended up getting stomped of course.
Fun fact, I was in a perfectly fine lobby - left that one for a different one.. what I didn't know is that the purpose was apparently deranking. Can't explain myself what happened otherwise.

Playing on Silver 2 it's just painful, almost no grenade buys, sometimes people don't communicate, it's hard :<
I know lol i play with a few silver gaffers on and off i try not to solo anymore as its a shitfest

If ya pm me I'll add you on steam too :D

Let's say that you're about to peek a corner in which there's a high chance that there's going to be an enemy waiting there (potentially a sniper). Instead of yolo going out there, you could jiggle peek them. Jiggle peeking is basically quickly peeking to get information about a specific area. A few examples where you should definitely use it is long A, Window in Mirage, and many other locations. You could even use it in cat in Dust 2. So, Jiggle peeking is the act of peeking a corner and then retreating immediately after. It can be used for spotting an area, and making the sniper miss his or her shots.
now here in lies the question what happens if ya try that and they shoot your head off :( people in silver leagues have crazy responsiveness sometimes ;)

Also whats the best way to move in a pistol 1v1 so your hard to hit, sometimes i cant hit the other guys as hes moving all over like a random maniac

Top Bottom