• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

MayMay

Banned
Heh, I was at like.. 1200dpi and around 4ish when in my first 500 hours of the game.

Feels like when I lowered it, everything went to shit - especially my ability to AWP.

Maybe I'll go crazeeeh and put it back up there again when this low one wont work out ahaha.

garath

Weird. I'm at my mouse's native cpi of 1620 and a 1 sens in game. I've always felt the mouse tracks better at it's native speed and just adjust accordingly in game.

http://youtu.be/uxBuiD11WDM?list=UUijLdKmzx_SkHZGHbIA16bA

It's "boring" but worth it. I put boring in quotes because it depends on how you feel about stuff like this. I can sit in a lobby practicing smokes and pop flashes for hours and find it fun. Other people get bored just thinking about it
I would suggest you pick a sens that let's you turn 180 comfortably without raising your elbow and test around. Go bit underneath and above. Try to to flick shot in DM and look if you go consistly over your target or are to short.

My sens changed each day this week. 2.125->2.3->2.2->2.125>2.2 and now it's 2.0. Dont have a clue whats going on :D

Armaly

I'm at 1600 dpi with 2.99 sensitivity. ._.

When I was in silver I once started shaking my mouse crazily and the dudes shooting at me just stopped to watch.

Just dropped 53 dollars on a Gut Knife Blue Steel. I have mixed emotions about this.

You got all my money Volvo, gg.

*edit* What is the most you've spent on a single purchase in this game?

Armaly

Just dropped 53 dollars on a Gut Knife Blue Steel. I have mixed emotions about this.

$2 for my blue laminate ak. I'm considering gambling $35 to try to get an asiimov awp.

Clydefrog

I bought 10 Cyrex Autos for ~$5 each and did the trade-up contract for a Vulcan AK. I sold the Vulcan AK and made like $0.50 after the Steam fees and what not.

Ludono

That picture is hilarious, thanks.

Kappa

cslb.png

Omega

Banned
i bet on adaptation and they're losing on mirage, on CT side.

garbage ass NA players. i look forward to Entourage qualifying for Dreamhack Summer 2015

ChrisW

I'd love to buy a Vulcan FN or Cyrex, but my g/f would kill me for spending that sort of money. Thats why i'm trying to trade up to it, but it's hard when everyone wants the profit

soultron

Banned
I'd love to buy a Vulcan FN or Cyrex, but my g/f would kill me for spending that sort of money. Thats why i'm trying to trade up to it, but it's hard when everyone wants the profit

Today I learned: those skins (FN) are +$90 CAD. Wow.

You could sell some of your skins to build up steam credit, then buy keys, and then make someone a trade offer? It'd take a while this way, and you'd lose the 15% value through the sale of your skins, but at least this way you're not spending anything to get a Cyrex/Vulcan.

The most it'd take, by my estimate, is 37 keys for the FN Vulcan. People are very willing to trade for keys, from what I've seen.

Shane

Hi all

Start playing this over the festive break. Fully addicted already.

Some of the missions are Competitive based and I've kept away from them so far. At what point should I feel ready to move from Casual to Competitive for the missions? Is there a clear difficulty ramp in players or is it the same player base but ranked?

Omega

Banned
Hi all

Start playing this over the festive break. Fully addicted already.

Some of the missions are Competitive based and I've kept away from them so far. At what point should I feel ready to move from Casual to Competitive for the missions? Is there a clear difficulty ramp in players or is it the same player base but ranked?

For the most part you should be playing with people at around your skill level.

Playing with Mokoi and Marco earlier though, seems Silver is tougher than the Master Guardian ranks because of all the smurfs/cheaters/boosters.

Playing with Mokoi and Marco earlier though, seems Silver is tougher than the Master Guardian ranks because of all the smurfs/cheaters/boosters.

Haha, yup. Silver is the new MG.

From my experience of online video gaming in competitive form (+10 years, ~1.5 years of CS:GO only though) I'd say that you only learn competitive play by playing competitive, even if casual offers seemingly similar experience, but matchmaking makes it more accessible than ever. And then it's again different when moving away from playing with randoms (but I doubt I'll ever have time to commit to that myself)

Shane

Thanks, both.

I'll give the Competitive missions a try later today.

I don't have anyone I know to play with (most people I know have stopped gaming with the new generation), so randoms-ahoy.

CoolS

Thanks, both.

I'll give the Competitive missions a try later today.

I don't have anyone I know to play with (most people I know have stopped gaming with the new generation), so randoms-ahoy.

Just don't forget you have to buy armor and the defuse kit in competetive.

Top Bottom