• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Just signed up to do the H1Z1 Early Access OT because nobody else seems up to the job. =/

Never did on of these before and I don't know how to format shit. Time to start studying OT's.

MayMay

Banned
I feel like it's a waste if PrematureQuiche keeps paying for the Gaf server, people are hella ungrateful and do nothing but complain anyways - so I decided to just take it offline for the time being.

Gonna ask what he thinks about it, it's up to him if he wants to keep paying even though the server really isn't appreciated all that much.

soultron

Banned
I appreciate it, and the work you've done to maintain + admin it, Mayhem.

I was just chatting with udiie and thought about this proposition: what if we get some cash together, as a group, to get servers for CSGAF?

I'd lay down a cool $25 to get us started with a central-ish US CSGAF server for 2 months. If we can get people to pitch small amounts, say $2 every month or so, if we have enough people, we can get a server going for quite some time.

I'd use my one I have for my work team, but I'd have to flip settings every so often, make sure my coworkers don't want to play on it at the time GAF does, and so forth.

MayMay

Banned
And somehow the piece of shit is back online, I guess Shadow turned it on again. Good, that means someone else is available to take care of it because I'm not doing it anymore.

I legitimately tried to get the server from shit tier to awesome tier, and it was pretty cool when all the plugins were set up and stuff. But yeah, I'm over that - it's vanilla status now (been like that for a while because ppl complained)..

So if anyone wants to take care of the thing, msg Shadownet I suppose.

cHinzo

I appreciate it, and the work you've done to maintain + admin it, Mayhem.

I was just chatting with udiie and thought about this proposition: what if we get some cash together, as a group, to get servers for CSGAF?

I'd lay down a cool $25 to get us started with a central-ish US CSGAF server for 2 months. If we can get people to pitch small amounts, say $2 every month or so, if we have enough people, we can get a server going for quite some time.

I'd use my one I have for my work team, but I'd have to flip settings every so often, make sure my coworkers don't want to play on it at the time GAF does, and so forth.

My dream is to get a permanent CSGaf server flying in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, so both NA and EU would get a decent 60 ping.

soultron

Banned
Mayhem, I just wanted to say once more that I am grateful for the time and effort you put into working Quiche's server. I genuinely had fun on it whenever I jumped on with all of you guys.

MayMay

Banned
Don't worry, I'm not trying to fish for "ohh thanks mayhem" stuff here lol - so please stahp. Thanks though, appreciated.

My point is that I'm simply annoyed, someone totally unrelated to CSGAF is so nice to pay for a server and all that happens is people constantly complaining about srsly stupid stuff lol - and I just don't want to put any more effort into maintaining the server thanks to that. It's no fun for me.

But yeah, that's not my cup of tea anymore anyways.

I feel like it's a waste if PrematureQuiche keeps paying for the Gaf server, people are hella ungrateful and do nothing but complain anyways - so I decided to just take it offline for the time being.

Gonna ask what he thinks about it, it's up to him if he wants to keep paying even though the server really isn't appreciated all that much.

No one is ungrateful, the server is always unstable (it just crashed again btw). PrematureQuiche is awesome for paying for something they don't use, but it's kind of a waste of money.

Omega

Banned
I just bought a server. it's being setup now so I'll post the information in the CSGAF steam group when it's all done.

You guys can talk as much shit as you want about how my server sucks if it does suck. <3

Ludono

New update is coming, and apparently there will be a new case with these weapons:

I don't think there's a skin uglier than that AWP. But at least the AK is amazing.

I wouldn't say ugly per say... just a bit ... plain.

Kind of lackluster tbh, how did some of these get picked??

Strider

Got a new chair today that's like 10x more comfortable than my old one. It's a long shot but hoping it improves my CS aim :p At the very least better posture and more comfort is really nice.

MayMay

Banned
The fact that the server crashed in every game is the most hilarious overstatement I've read on here so far. Like, what the fuck - you cannot be serious.

Not even once did it crash mid-match while I was in there, and I guess I was there for at least 80% of the Gaf games.

It only ever crashed during games when you guys were on your own - for whatever reason.

Oh, and the crashes only started the day you guys were first using the server on your own. :p

So I don't know, maybe someone with admin access (there are a few ppl) changed a setting that fucked it up or something. Not gonna blame anyone though, just a very odd coincidence.

Mokoi

Banned
That covers it. Nobody complained about anything but the server crashing in the middle of every game we've played the last few weeks. I'm very, very grateful to Quiche for paying for the server, as we had many great games on it before these mysterious problems started.
+1
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AK-47 | Blue Laminate (FN) -- MB-B7E4A73169BFF8B8 - Taken by ericksakti. 18 entrants total.
330x192

t1420861642z1.png

Odah

Banned
CHROMA CASE - AWESOME SKINS OMFG AK CARTEL AND AWESOME LOOKING AWP

gonna play casual now and hope for a chroma case drop, gonna sell it on market and get rich :lol

MayMay

Banned
I dunno what to say. We've had every game die for awhile now, at least a couple weeks total. No finished games. All anybody is saying is that something's wrong. We had two games die in the middle one session. Again the next time. Two games. Again today, at 13:11. There's something wrong. I don't know why this has become personal for you.

That's absolutely not true, and you can ask pretty much everyone that has been in games during the last couple of days if you want confirmation that there have been finished games..... The majority of the games finished just fine, at least 70-80%.

It's not personal for me, I just hate when people spread false shit.

On-topic: CZ has 12 bullets now, and there are new knife skins (in addition to the chroma case)

Wunder

That's absolutely not true, and you can ask pretty much everyone that has been in games during the last couple of days if you want confirmation that there have been finished games..... The majority of the games finished just fine, at least 70-80%.

It's not personal for me, I just hate when people spread false shit.

On-topic: CZ has 12 bullets now, and there are new knife skins (in addition to the chroma case)

can't speak for the problems re: server since I haven't stepped in it before, but personally I know how much it sucks to work on something for 'the community' or whatever and not get the recognition when things go smoothly and get hate for when things hitch up. Not saying that's exactly what's happening, but whenever a passing comment is just like "lol shit <thing> is shit" it sucks.

edit: lol shroud just opened a chroma and got a blue

Top Bottom