• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

frbrr

So just how bad is the CZ buff? I'd hate for it to go back to anything even resembling what it was like before the nerf.

Blitzhex

I entered acheivment_idle got a insta chrome case. Walked out with 9 dollas.
Birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

Shane

$35 a case when they first got released. Being new to this I never knew there was that much money to be made if you're there at a release drop. Madness. Valve and their metagames.

Are there any UK players? I'm looking for people to play with via voice chat and train my team skills. My Steam name is AFistfulOfFrags.
The voice chat in casual games - if any - are Russians (speaking - unsurprisingly - their native tongue), Europeans abusing Russians in bad English, or people from the UK trying to talk like US rappers.

CoolS

$35 a case when they first got released. Being new to this I never knew there was that much money to be made if you're there at a release drop. Madness. Valve and their metagames.

Are there any UK players? I'm looking for people to play with via voice chat and train my team skills. My Steam name is AFistfulOfFrags.
The voice chat in casual games - if any - are Russians (speaking - unsurprisingly - their native tongue), Europeans abusing Russians in bad English, or people from the UK trying to talk like US rappers.
Not UK per se, but we have a lot of guys from all over Europe who mainly play in english. Just Take a look into the EU CS GAF steam group and you'll find someone. What rank are you?

Nev

Banned
This game is great, even with Valve restricting my ability to play competitive because apparently 5 wins out of 8 must be a smurf or a hacker.

There's just one thing I hate, and it's that for some stupid reason I can't set a crosshair that follows the recoil. Is it really that hard to give the option for whoever prefers the crosshair to move all around but be representative of where the bullets will go than a more stable crosshair which stops being useful after a few shots? Seriously it's one of the most stupid mandatory things I've seen in a game in a long time, even if I want to feel dizzy with an epileptic screen shake, give me the option to do so ffs, I prefer that over a useless and distracting crosshair.

Oh and why the hell does the AWP exist? It's as awful as dust 2, which for some unfortunate reason seems to be the most popular map.

Shane

Not UK per se, but we have a lot of guys from all over Europe who mainly play in english. Just Take a look into the EU CS GAF steam group and you'll find someone. What rank are you?

Less than Silver. Beat that. Not had a single competitive game yet. Don't want to let a team down without plenty of Casual practice.

I'll take a look at that Steam group, thanks.

Shane

There's just one thing I hate, and it's that for some stupid reason I can't set a crosshair that follows the recoil. Is it really that hard to give the option for whoever prefers the crosshair to move all around but be representative of where the bullets will go than a more stable crosshair which stops being useful after a few shots? Seriously it's one of the most stupid mandatory things I've seen in a game in a long time, even if I want to feel dizzy with an epileptic screen shake, give me the option to do so ffs, I prefer that over a useless and distracting crosshair. .

Wouldn't that defeat the notion of learning the recoil pattern?

Nev

Banned
Wouldn't that defeat the notion of learning the recoil pattern?

How so? The recoil would be exactly the same. I'm just asking for a crosshair that follows the pattern, like in every other game ever.

Sure crosshair helps, but it's more of knowing and feeling where the bullets go than looking at it.

Well sorry but I don't want to "feel" anything, I wanna see it because that's what I'm used to and that wouldn't give me any unfair advantage whatsoever. I just don't understand why it isn't an option.

Shane

How so? The recoil would be exactly the same. I'm just asking for a crosshair that follows the pattern, like in every other game ever.

The pattern(s) might become visible. I don't know; it certainly feels like a clear design choice for a reason (even if that's one not shared with the player).

CoolS

Less than Silver. Beat that. Not had a single competitive game yet. Don't want to let a team down without plenty of Casual practice.

I'll take a look at that Steam group, thanks.

I'd reccomend against playing too much casual, since you "practice" a lot of wrong stuff there. Had to learn that the hard way in the beginning because, like you, I was too afraid to sucking in MM.

Nev

Banned
The pattern(s) might become visible. I don't know; it certainly feels like a clear design choice for a reason (even if that's one not shared with the player).

But the patterns are visible when you shoot a wall, and I've seen several videos and gifs showing the exact patterns of every weapon, which by the way are always the same with small bullet spread variations. I mean, the patterns are observable and in fact must be "studied" in order to be a good player. So, learning these patterns being a crucial part of the game, the whole notion of them being invisible makes no sense.

CoolS

But the patterns are visible when you shoot a wall, and I've seen several videos and gifs showing the exact patterns of every weapon, which by the way are always the same with small bullet spread variations. I mean, the patterns are observable and in fact must be "studied" in order to be a good player. So, learning these patterns being a crucial part of the game, the whole notion of them being invisible makes no sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's always been like that with CS. So don't expect it to ever change. Sorry man :(

And the AWP isn't really that awful.

Shane

I'd reccomend against playing too much casual, since you "practice" a lot of wrong stuff there. Had to learn that the hard way in the beginning because, like you, I was too afraid to sucking in MM.

Will give it a try via a Vanguard mission soon (two birds, one stone).

What's the MM abbreviation?

Shane

I don't disagree but it's something that's always been that way. I expect somewhere it was a key design bullet-point.

Got a chroma case and sold it for $9.5. I find it mildly amusing that this one case earned me more money than all Vanguard cases I got (drops + missions) put together.

The new Doppler pattern looks the best to me. I assume these new patterns will cause all old knives to go down in price. The Damascus Steel pattern is definitely going to push down the value of my vanilla knife.

ChrisW

I'm interested to see what this new 7 day hold on trading/selling with do to prices of guns and the economy of CS skins

garath

Got a chroma case and sold it for $9.5. I find it mildly amusing that this one case earned me more money than all Vanguard cases I got (drops + missions) put together.

The new Doppler pattern looks the best to me. I assume these new patterns will cause all old knives to go down in price. The Damascus Steel pattern is definitely going to push down the value of my vanilla knife.

God damn. I need to play stat.

How many hackers, smurfs are in silver?
I just can't see how some people that have steam accounts for less than one week go into mm and just headshot everybody.

Wunder

There's just one thing I hate, and it's that for some stupid reason I can't set a crosshair that follows the recoil. Is it really that hard to give the option for whoever prefers the crosshair to move all around but be representative of where the bullets will go than a more stable crosshair which stops being useful after a few shots? Seriously it's one of the most stupid mandatory things I've seen in a game in a long time, even if I want to feel dizzy with an epileptic screen shake, give me the option to do so ffs, I prefer that over a useless and distracting crosshair.

Oh and why the hell does the AWP exist? It's as awful as dust 2, which for some unfortunate reason seems to be the most popular map.

the fuck am i reading

CoolS

Will give it a try via a Vanguard mission soon (two birds, one stone).

What's the MM abbreviation?

Matchmaking, which is the competetive mode of CS GO. Also, the missions only exist during an Operation, in case you didn't know.

Arucardo

This game is great, even with Valve restricting my ability to play competitive because apparently 5 wins out of 8 must be a smurf or a hacker.

You're arguing against something that's been proven good for 10+ years.

Also if you had a crosshair that showed your recoil in a way that you described it would be like cheating since it would make recoil control completely trivial.

Nev

Banned
You're arguing against something that's been proven good for 10+ years.

Also if you had a crosshair that showed your recoil in a way that you described it would be like cheating since it would make recoil control completely trivial.

I know the map is popular because it's the most balanced for both teams or something like that, I just don't like it, not saying they're wrong or something.

And no it wouldn't be cheating, the fact that your crosshair follows your recoil doesn't make the recoil dissapear, you still have to control it and that's how you do it in basically every other shooter ever created.

"view_recoil_tracking .9"

And you'll see what I'm talking about. Feels like a dream, too bad it's probably protected. Thanks valve. Yup it's totally protected. Guess I'm keeping the invisible crosshair.

garath

I know the map is popular because it's the most balanced for both teams or something like that, I just don't like it, not saying they're wrong or something.

And no it wouldn't be cheating, the fact that your crosshair follows your recoil doesn't make the recoil dissapear, you still have to control it and that's how you do it in basically every other shooter ever created.

"view_recoil_tracking .9"

And you'll see what I'm talking about. Feels like a dream, too bad it's probably protected. Thanks valve.

I understand what you're talking about. It's easy to take it in stride when you've been playing CS forever but it would be an improvement.

CoolS

I understand what you're talking about. It's easy to take it in stride when you've been playing CS forever but it would be an improvement.

I never even thought about this before, because I just try to control it by the feeling of things and seeing the impacts. Quite funny in some ways.

Also, I spent 10€ on keys yesterday... made 3,50 back because I unboxed a Cartel P250 and a griffin m4. Still shouldn't have done that probably, especially now that there is a new case.

garath

Valve is so freaking smart. They've turned a $15 game into millions of revenue easy on an ongoing basis. They don't even create the content anymore. Have the community do it and just give them a cut. It's brilliant.

Shane

Valve is so freaking smart. They've turned a $15 game into millions of revenue easy on an ongoing basis. They don't even create the content anymore. Have the community do it and just give them a cut. It's brilliant.

It's the meta-game they create. Best in the industry at it.

Edit: It's DLC that doesn't screw over those that don't want it. However, those that don't want it (for example, skins) see other players with them. They can pick-up and see those guns for the game. A lot of subtle power of suggestion. Hell, if I have a beer or two my will power begins to tumble and those Vanguard cases become real sexy...

Omega

Banned

because CSGO with rifles only is boring as shit.

It would also drastically change how the game is played. You wouldn't even need to smoke off mid or could just carelessly push up mid on Inferno because worst case scenario you get a trade kill.

Also despite how salty people get, 1. AWP isn't that hard to counter. Flashes and smokes are your friends and 2. it takes skill to use. I know people love to say stuff like "everyone can use an AWP!" but that's not even close to true. Sure, everyone can get a kill with an AWP but there's a difference between being able to get kills with a weapon and actually being able to use it.

KennyS can use an AWP. Skadoodle can use an AWP. Fellow NeoGAFer Atsou can use an AWP. (you get the point)

I can get kills with an AWP but I can't use an AWP. Sure I can maybe get 25-30 kills in a MM game using it but those three people I listed can probably win a match by themselves at any rank that isn't SMFC/Global Elite.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Holy shit

I just spend 3 minutes on an idle server and got a Chroma case :D

Man I really want that AWP and M4 and Galil but I think I'm gonna sell it and open some other cases

cHinzo

KennyS can use an AWP. Skadoodle can use an AWP. Fellow NeoGAFer Atsou can use an AWP. (you get the point)

I can get kills with an AWP but I can't use an AWP. Sure I can maybe get 25-30 kills in a MM game using it but those three people I listed can probably win a match by themselves at any rank that isn't SMFC/Global Elite.

29a709539e.jpg

Yes. Yes, he can. :d

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Holy shit

I just spend 3 minutes on an idle server and got a Chroma case :D

Man I really want that AWP and M4 and Galil but I think I'm gonna sell it and open some other cases

Aaaaannnd got a P90 and p2000, damn. I thought I could open 3 cases but apparently the keys cost 2,19€ now

I'm definitely gonna open the next Chroma case I get

Shane

Do you guys play with triple buffering on?

The screen tearing without it is pretty bad; and with it it locks at 60fps (my monitor is 60 hz).

garath

Do you guys play with triple buffering on?

The screen tearing without it is pretty bad; and with it it locks at 60fps (my monitor is 60 hz).

I don't. I really haven't noticed any tearing. I only have a 60hz monitor but leave frames capped at 135 (uncapped its around 250 which creates a nice little buzz on my 970 :/)

Top Bottom