• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

garath

Garath did you buy your awp skin yet?

I did not. I'm kind of holding out for a $10 awp redline MW. The price bounces around $11 to $14. I figure once the xmas money has been spent it should come down a bit. My AK skin is field tested and it bothers me every time I see a nicer one :p (I unboxed it though so I'm keeping it until I find a better one).

edit: did you ever try the trade up?

udiie

I did not. I'm kind of holding out for a $10 awp redline MW. The price bounces around $11 to $14. I figure once the xmas money has been spent it should come down a bit. My AK skin is field tested and it bothers me every time I see a nicer one :p (I unboxed it though so I'm keeping it until I find a better one).

edit: did you ever try the trade up?
Yeah I got a FN corticera yesterday in a trade up
Edit: if you're interested in trading, all I'm looking for is to cover the cost of the trade up contract ~$8 so I'll cut you a deal. Otherwise, I might keep it (it's real pretty)

Omega

Banned
Really want to try de_pripyat if you're up for it.

already on the list, I just want to get more maps before I add it to the FTP

added some other maps as well. 1.6 Dust 2 and I guess two original maps Investment & Typhoon. Maybe they suck, maybe they're decent. Figure it's worth a shot to try them out so we can play something other than Cache and Mirage for once.

Guys i was gonna play a different game today but the new cases and skins meant i played 3 hrs of csgo instead :D i really want that ak and them dualies

garath

Yeah I got a FN corticera yesterday in a trade up
Edit: if you're interested in trading, all I'm looking for is to cover the cost of the trade up contract ~$8 so I'll cut you a deal. Otherwise, I might keep it (it's real pretty)

Wow. That's real generous. I'm actually interested but it's completely up to you.

Omega

Banned
What time (and zone) do you guys usually play on the GAF server?

I think around 8-9pm EST

sometimes earlier if we can get enough people but it's kind of hard. Our EU/Asia bros are either sleeping, about to go to sleep or playing Roller Coaster Tycoon like chinZo.

I feel like the other half of CSGAF are west coast so they're either still working/in class or just getting home.

ChrisW

Anyone got a WW Vulcan or Curex they'd like to sell me at mates rates? I have 8k to offer

EDIT: or any other gun on a good deal that they don't use

Omega

Banned
RIP animlboogy

6/22/09-1/9/15

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

Clydefrog

I have started snacking on Dark Chocolate M&M’s™ while I play and my in-game form has been near perfect. I’ve won 10 of my last 12 games, top-fragging in 8 of those wins.

Thank you, Dark Chocolate M&M’s™!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I have started snacking on Dark Chocolate M&M’s™ while I play and my in-game form has been near perfect. I’ve won 10 of my last 12 games, top-fragging in 8 of those wins.

Thank you, Dark Chocolate M&M’s™!

I'm on to you, chocolate man.

Xizk

First DM of the day I got a Chroma case. Sold it for 7€ and it has gone down 1€ since then. Managed to rank up to MG2 by tieing a team with a cheater with a GAF lobby.

From Hidden Path CEO AMA

In 2009 we were given an opportunity to work closely with Valve on several of their games. We contributed a bit to Left for Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, and CS:S. After doing that for some months, Valve asked us if we'd want to take on CS and bring it to consoles, and we jumped at the chance. We then worked for multiple years, updating, changing and building what would become CS:GO on both PC, Mac, and consoles and together with Valve launched that on August 2012. The Valve folks for much of the development were focused on Portal 2 so it was only in the last year or so that there was a lot of Valve involvement, but during that time we worked together, sometimes our folks were on site at their location, sometimes their folks were here at our location, often we both worked from our own locations, depending on what part of the project needed to be done. We had a ton of fun working with the Valve folks and people like Ido and Chet and so many others there were amazing to work with - we had a great time on the project. We then took on another game after CS:GO shipped, and the folks at Valve continued to refine and update CS:GO to the game you see today. It's very exciting to see what CS:GO has become!

One of the best experiences we had when working with Valve was when they invited European CS:S pros to come and give us feedback on the CS:GO work we were doing before we showed it for the first time at PAX. It was an amazing experience and the esports folks were hesitant and dubious a little bit because Valve hadn't ever really been involved in esports on CS before. That initial get together was a real great meeting of the minds hearing about what was important to pros and what didn't work for them. Because we had worked so hard to make the new CS:GO gameplay so data driven and modular we were able to update and adjust gameplay very quickly - more quickly than CS had been able to be updated in the past. This allowed us to actually adjust the game for the pros the very next day (which blew everyone away) and then iterate further with them. That process continued for a year in addition to the public beta process and led to I think a very solid foundation to begin with when CS:GO launched. Since that point in time, I haven't been as close to what is happening with CS:GO and esports, but from the outside it looks like the partnership is just getting stronger and stronger.

ChrisW

Anyone with an AK | Case hardened they want to sell for 8k?

Just tried it, you just get an offer and you type the captcha code on

Omega

Banned
Does this mean their bots no longer will work?

they send you trade offers to take your items, so maybe they can give you back items as well.

idk, i put some garbage skins on LDLC so I'll find out in two days

edit - lol sodapoppin just opened 20 cases and got nothing. kittyplaysgames got nothing either
Chroma cases hate everyone

CoolS

they send you trade offers to take your items, so maybe they can give you back items as well.

edit - lol sodapoppin just opened 20 cases and got nothing. kittyplaysgames got nothing either
He's buying 20 more.
Dude is insane.

Lourio

Kitty got a Karambit Rust earlier.

Omega

Banned
lmao wow he's buying more

this dude is nuts. guess you can do that when someone donates you 50k

edit - $1000 spent. if he gets a knife it's gonna be like a battlescarred flip knife ultra violet

imBask

Banned
let's be real here, he gets so much donation and subscribers in a day that $1000 is nothing

it's disgusting when you think about it

Omega

Banned
let's be real here, he gets so much donation and subscribers in a day that $1000 is nothing

it's disgusting when you think about it

yeah thats why i dont feel bad at all. its just entertaining to watch him get almost nothing but blue

ChrisW

Puts into perspective how much money Valve make from cases and how silly it is to open them. Also Shroud just subbed to him

imBask

Banned
yeah thats why i dont feel bad at all. its just entertaining to watch him get almost nothing but blue

8000+ subs X 3.50 = 28k a month

if Forsen makes about 20-25k in donation per month, i'm guessing Sodapoppin does about the same amouth

that's almost 50k a month

I don't even make 50k a year

Top Bottom