• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

garath

It's people like him that's keeping case prices high.

I hope I get at least one case drop tonight. That'll pay for some of the openings I've done myself recently lol.

Omega

Banned
8000+ subs X 3.50 = 28k a month

if Forsen makes about 20-25k in donation per month, i'm guessing Sodapoppin does about the same amouth

that's almost 50k a month

I don't even make 50k a year

yeah its crazy. people literally pay to troll through donations

i really need to build my new pc so i can start streaming.

garath

So he's about $1100 in and made about $500 in items. The stat trak Dragon King M4 is the only thing that's keeping him from a total blow out lol.

edit: this is why you just straight up buy that $300 knife. Might as well if you really want it.

cresto

they send you trade offers to take your items, so maybe they can give you back items as well.

idk, i put some garbage skins on LDLC so I'll find out in two days

edit - lol sodapoppin just opened 20 cases and got nothing. kittyplaysgames got nothing either
Chroma cases hate everyone

He's still going...over 1k on cases. What. a. Moron.

Strider

yeah its crazy. people literally pay to troll through donations

Yep.

I turned on a stream last night where the guy had on text speech for each donation. So every single message attached to a donation was read aloud by a computer voice. Of course most viewers loved it and All kinds of racist, sexist, etc messages were being sent and read but guy didn't care because it's easy money.

ChrisW

Btw the best way of getting a decent gun from these cases would be to buy 10 purple items such as the shotgun for 2.36 and trade up to hopefully the AK or the M4 which would be a big profit, but the P250 would be a loss unless it was stat tracked

garath

Btw the best way of getting a decent gun from these cases would be to buy 10 purple items such as the shotgun for 2.36 and trade up to hopefully the AK or the M4 which would be a big profit, but the P250 would be a loss unless it was stat tracked

It's probably a better gamble than the same money into cases.

edit: Right now it'd be about $40-50 to buy into a pink. It'd be a big loss for a P250, a small loss for an AK cartel and a decent win for a Dragon King M4. Seems chancy.

I think the subs / donations are still outpaying the keys, even without counting the skins so every point about losing money is kinda moot

Opened three cases and got something decent for once.

0270B7E54A1E331D9F7DD9CB6F8B79E81246DF2F

Omega

Banned
added. So the workshop maps I have added so far are

1.6 Dust 2 (cuz fuck the GO version)
Tuscan
Pripyat
Typhoon
Investment

The last two don't seem overly complicated like most workshop maps are. Investment is inspired by Mirrors Edge, so those of you who hate brown maps should love that.

cresto

Holy fuck this idiot has over 50k watching him freak the fuck out and act like a buffoon. What is wrong with me and why do I keep watching?

All this community cares about is some digital skin that literally won't mean a fucking thing in a few years...
yet i spend over $350 on this game. WOW I AM A FUCKING IDIOT(@($%)@&%)(#&%_)@#

CoolS

It feels like 80℅ of the matches I lost recently were really close and only lost because of one guy on the other team who carried them. At this point I'm pretty certain I'm just to bad to be at MG level.

Omega

Banned
Holy fuck this idiot has over 50k watching him freak the fuck out and act like a buffoon. What is wrong with me and why do I keep watching?

All this community cares about is some digital skin that literally won't mean a fucking thing in a few years...
yet i spend over $350 on this game. WOW I AM A FUCKING IDIOT(@($%)@&%)(#&%_)@#

The way I see it is if you enjoy playing CS and you play it enough than who cares how much you spend on it.

When you think about how much pointless shit you spend your money on, CSGO items probably ranks towards the bottom of that list.

MayMay

Banned
It feels like 80℅ of the matches I lost recently were really close and only lost because of one guy on the other team who carried them. At this point I'm pretty certain I'm just to bad to be at MG level.

It's just smurfs and hackers man, nothing you can do about it. Don't blame yourself. As long as you win balanced games without hackers or smurfs you're perfectly fine on MG.

The way I see it is if you enjoy playing CS and you play it enough than who cares how much you spend on it.

When you think about how much pointless shit you spend your money on, CSGO items probably ranks towards the bottom of that list.

This is how I see it.

Fuck it.

cresto

I know and I hear you. I haven't slowed down, if anything I've invested more and more into CS just because I've enjoyed it since I was 12 some 14 years ago. It is what it is. It'll be nuts when this game slows down and the market totally crashes. So many people will be crushed lol. The day will come, just you wait and see

Omega

Banned
by the way, would you guys be up for some scrims tonight? I'll make an announcement later in the Steam group because I know not everyone actively browses this thread. it'll have the new server info and all

Omega

Banned
I'm guessing I ran into another problem of outdated tutorials because the server wouldn't load when I tried to install the workshop maps.

For now I'll have to do all that manually. I want to try to and get workshop maps/knife rounds/etc. already built into the server so that if for some reason I'm not on, then people can still play.

Mokoi

Banned
by the way, would you guys be up for some scrims tonight? I'll make an announcement later in the Steam group because I know not everyone actively browses this thread. it'll have the new server info and all
Yeah I'll be down, and thanks for setting that shit up.

MayMay

Banned
I'm guessing I ran into another problem of outdated tutorials because the server wouldn't load when I tried to install the workshop maps.

For now I'll have to do all that manually. I want to try to and get workshop maps/knife rounds/etc. already built into the server so that if for some reason I'm not on, then people can still play.

All the plugins that manage kniferounds etc. are crap. They barely work, or don't work at all. It's way more comfortable to just use the simple console commands. Source? My experience. Because I think that always worked alright, server might've been shit - but muh console commands were not.

soultron

Banned
Reposting this now that Chroma update talk has settled a bit. Hoping to get some honest comments and critiques on the work I've done so far. Still very far from being finished.

I'm trying to get away from the Asiimov style, even though it looks a bit close to it right now.

I'm trying to achieve a WipEout-style racing livery (I'm planning on doing a clean and a "sponsored" version with custom decals for fake sponsors with bullshit names like "HEXAMUTE" and "DYNACORE," all futuristic and whatever. Party and bullshit.) but this is still super, super early.

One thing I'm going to do is lots more detail work, semi-transparent repeating/tiling textures overlaid on the solid colour bits (think the Vulcan's little circles all over it when you look close), and finishing the entire skin. It has an example pattern on it now, the little gray crosshairs. Trying to get a feel with what might work in this style.

I dunno, I've got lots of work left to go, but how do you dudes feel about the colour scheme (orange, fuchia, offwhite, gray, very dark gray) so far and the general shapes I've started to play around with?

Omega

Banned
Reposting this now that Chroma update talk has settled a bit. Hoping to get some honest comments and critiques on the work I've done so far. Still very far from being finished.

I'm trying to get away from the Asiimov style, even though it looks a bit close to it right now.

I'm trying to achieve a WipEout-style racing livery (I'm planning on doing a clean and a "sponsored" version with custom decals for fake sponsors with bullshit names like "HEXAMUTE" and "DYNACORE," all futuristic and whatever. Party and bullshit.) but this is still super, super early.

One thing I'm going to do is lots more detail work, semi-transparent repeating/tiling textures overlaid on the solid colour bits (think the Vulcan's little circles all over it when you look close), and finishing the entire skin. It has an example pattern on it now, the little gray crosshairs. Trying to get a feel with what might work in this style.

I dunno, I've got lots of work left to go, but how do you dudes feel about the colour scheme (orange, fuschia, offwhite, gray, very dark gray) so far and the general shapes I've started to play around with?

i'll take 3

I don't mind the orange/fuschia, too much white though IMO.
I'm not racist i swear

soultron

Banned
i'll take 3

I don't mind the orange/fuschia, too much white though IMO.
I'm not racist i swear

Hah, yeah, there's still a lot of empty space (white) on it, but that will be filled with the other colours. I'm going to be incorporating a lot more black+gray as well, so hopefully that will balance out the orange+fuchsia.

cro's back guys

That man is a lunatic.

I dunno, I've got lots of work left to go, but how do you dudes feel about the colour scheme (orange, fuschia, offwhite, gray, very dark gray) so far and the general shapes I've started to play around with?

I like it so far, very unique. I agree with omega though, too much white right now.

Mokoi

Banned
Really like the pattern, and even though I prefer plain dark skins (darkwater, desert strike) I'm digging the colors so far. The gray is a nice touch.

soultron

Banned
It might be worth trying to swap the black and white on another skin to see how it looks. :)

Thanks for your feedback so far, guys.

Overdoziz

Banned

I dunno, I've got lots of work left to go, but how do you dudes feel about the colour scheme (orange, fuchia, offwhite, gray, very dark gray) so far and the general shapes I've started to play around with?

Gotta incorporate the GAF logo in there somewhere.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
LfzjeTR.png

Id like to say this is infrequent but frankly this is most my solo q games

Top Bottom