• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Wunder

Mmm so delicious. I wonder what they're thought process is behind putting in 'ugly' knives like the rust coated one. Do you think they just want to increase the rarity of the other knives even more or do some people just like the look of that?

KingKong

Mmm so delicious. I wonder what they're thought process is behind putting in 'ugly' knives like the rust coated one. Do you think they just want to increase the rarity of the other knives even more or do some people just like the look of that?

the ultraviolet one is pretty crappy but I think the rust looks nice. Tiger Tooth is going to be ridiculously expensive

Also I think this might be the best case yet, pretty much every skin is amazing

Wunder

the ultraviolet one is pretty crappy but I think the rust looks nice. Tiger Tooth is going to be ridiculously expensive

Also I think this might be the best case yet, pretty much every skin is amazing

Yeah Damascus is my fav with Tiger being a close second. Ultraviolet seems weird - it's like a Night skin with a purple handle?

Lourio

I would be definitely down to pay a couple bucks per month for a server. If we can get something serious why not.

Thanks for the current server quiche. For the times I've played on it, the server has been solid.
Thanks mayhem :p

For those who might've missed it.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Field-Tested AWP | Pit Viper. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lourio, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

360fx360f

AWP | Pit Viper -- MB-027C9D6769536F0F - Taken by frbrr. 23 entrants total.

t1420820240z1.png

ironmang

Is ultraviolet basically night with a purple handle? If so that's really sick and I want a bayonet when they come down in value.

soultron

Banned
Speaking of skins. Here's my current WIP:

I'm trying to get away from the Asiimov style, even though it looks a bit close to it right now.

I'm trying to achieve a WipEout-style racing livery (I'm planning on doing a clean and a "sponsored" version with custom decals for fake sponsors with bullshit names like "HEXAMUTE" and "DYNACORE," all futuristic and whatever. Party and bullshit.) but this is still super, super early.

One thing I'm going to do is lots more detail work, semi-transparent repeating/tiling textures overlaid on the solid colour bits (think the Vulcan's little circles all over it when you look close), and finishing the entire skin. It has an example pattern on it now, the little gray crosshairs. Trying to get a feel with what might work in this style.

I dunno, I've got lots of work left to go, but how do you dudes feel about the colour scheme (orange, fuschia, offwhite, gray, very dark gray) so far and the general shapes I've started to play around with?

Lourio

Got a Chroma case! Easiest $20 ever.

Very cool Soultron - really liking your idea of the 'Wipeout/logos' theme, the current colors are perfect for it.

Blizzard

Banned
Full patch notes:

[COMMUNITY MARKET]
– Keys purchased from the Steam Community Market are given a seven-day trade and market restriction.

[GAMEPLAY]
– Reduced P250 ammo from 5 magazines to 3.
– Reverted CZ nerf to ammo and fire rate.

[MISC]
– Added the Chroma Case, that features new finishes for knives.
– Added UI for showing multiple offers.

[MAPS]
-Mirage
–Fixed a bug where players could clip through a wall near CT spawn
–Removed center scaffolding near hole to CT sniper position

-Train
–Extended buyzone for T spawn
–Further optimizations

-Dust2
–Fixed bullet penetration through arch models in tunnels
–Fixed collision for door top of mid
–Added Goose to Goose

-Facade
–Updated radar
–Fixed fade distance on props
–Updated player clips in areas where bomb could be lost

I don't know the P250 or CZ well enough yet to know whether those are significant changes, ha.

MayMay

Banned
I can confirm that that absolutely is not what's happening.

Yeah, it's not that bad lol.

___

Anyways, sitting here in an idle server trying to get myself one of those new cases. I see so many ppl getting one - just not me. I... think I already got all my drops for the week >_>

Wunder

Find it bizarre they didn't include it for the other knives, I guess it's because those are already in specific cases and they can't like update those?

edit: Shroud got a DRAGON KING mgdfokg

Odah

Banned
^ I think so

Just opened like 10 cases for fun. Thought I would be lucky. Best thing I got was a ST FN P90 Module

lel

Can't believe that that Death Toll Glock has been accepted, it's quite literally just a .bmp from a 90's metal Geocities site overlayed to the top

MayMay

Banned
Alright, no luck getting a case :( Oh well, tomorrow I'll wake up and it's gonna be 0.30 and I won't feel so bad anymore lol

MayMay

Banned
That moment when half your friendslist is either on achievement_idle or playing random deathmatch hoping to get da jackpot drop.

Good luck to everyone, I gave up long ago ;__;

Also, I love you all <3
so if you get a case pls gift it to me :>

Ludono

That moment when half your friendslist is either on achievement_idle or playing random deathmatch hoping to get da jackpot drop.

Good luck to everyone, I gave up long ago ;__;

Also, I love you all <3
so if you get a case pls gift it to me :>

Yeahhhhhhhp

I'm being naughty and doing this during work hours D:

Not a fan of most of these skins. AWP is ugly. Wish the Urban Shock was on another pistol its basically a blue urban hazard. Don't like the AK though it has some cool details on it. M4 looks alright and i'd have to see the p250 in game. The rest are absolute meh. The knives on the other hand have some nice looking ones. I really like the Ultraviolet set and the doppler karambit. I wonder if the rust coat is gonna become the poor mans knife?

soultron

Banned
^ I think so

Just opened like 10 cases for fun. Thought I would be lucky. Best thing I got was a ST FN P90 Module

lel

Yeh. Got 2 cases (BO + Van) tonight and a P250 SAND DUDE all in the span of like 5 TDM games.

Opened one of the cases. ST FT Basilisk.

imokwiththis.jpg

Coldsun

Banned
Opened up 25 V-cases. Didn't get anything great besides 2 fire elementals. Was disheartened. Just got 2 phoenix cases and both dropped Asiimovs. Life is good.

Top Bottom