• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

K.Sabot

really want to play gaf casuals but my headset broke when my power went out (it's still technically out in half of my house) and I have no mic.

Some pretty sweet GAF matches. Hold on to your butts and get ready to watch the worst commentary of your life once I get everything together.,

Blizzard

Banned
I finally played like, my 3rd or 4th day.

1. I'm really bad, and the first competitive series I tried today, my team never won a single round. Nothing was even close, someone disconnected early on, finally everyone surrendered. The second game, as before I tried to announce that I was noob but would be trying to do well. Immediately after that, on the first or second round of the game, I think I got 3 kills in a row to win the match using my first and only skin drop, the P250. It was kind of funny since I really am not good, and went to the bottom of the scoreboard after that.

2. Is it possible to get skin drops from the competitive mode that's like 20 rounds in a row? If so how do you see when they happen? Do they just show up by the scoreboard at the end?

Sajjaja

1. I'm really bad, and the first competitive series I tried today, my team never won a single round. Nothing was even close, someone disconnected early on, finally everyone surrendered. The second game, as before I tried to announce that I was noob but would be trying to do well. Immediately after that, on the first or second round of the game, I think I got 3 kills in a row to win the match using my first and only skin drop, the P250. It was kind of funny since I really am not good, and went to the bottom of the scoreboard after that.

2. Is it possible to get skin drops from the competitive mode that's like 20 rounds in a row? If so how do you see when they happen? Do they just show up by the scoreboard at the end?

Drops are always at the end of a game. Are you ranked yet or are you just starting out?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Reposting this now that Chroma update talk has settled a bit. Hoping to get some honest comments and critiques on the work I've done so far. Still very far from being finished.

I'm trying to get away from the Asiimov style, even though it looks a bit close to it right now.

I'm trying to achieve a WipEout-style racing livery (I'm planning on doing a clean and a "sponsored" version with custom decals for fake sponsors with bullshit names like "HEXAMUTE" and "DYNACORE," all futuristic and whatever. Party and bullshit.) but this is still super, super early.

One thing I'm going to do is lots more detail work, semi-transparent repeating/tiling textures overlaid on the solid colour bits (think the Vulcan's little circles all over it when you look close), and finishing the entire skin. It has an example pattern on it now, the little gray crosshairs. Trying to get a feel with what might work in this style.

I dunno, I've got lots of work left to go, but how do you dudes feel about the colour scheme (orange, fuchia, offwhite, gray, very dark gray) so far and the general shapes I've started to play around with?

Ugh. I wanna mess about doing skins but needing three programs beyond Photoshop does my head in.

MayMay

Banned
Those two were my first ever "competitive" series, so I assume I'm not yet ranked. I don't know how many placement matches you have to do, though.

You need to win 10, but you can only win 2 a day. (play as many as you like, until you win 2)

GGs everyone

Yup, gg. Those were some fun games on the new server. (Except the seaside one, at least for the losing team haha) And hey, it only crashed once (way before we started playing) so thats a positive thing - so well done 0mega :>

Omega

Banned
I blame Rush for that crash haha

Seriously, I don't know what was up with that. My server was nuked from existence for like 5 minutes that was weird. Weren't we just awping? Not like we did anything too stressful

Shadownet

Banned
I blame Rush for that crash haha

Seriously, I don't know what was up with that. My server was nuked from existence for like 5 minutes that was weird. Weren't we just awping? Not like we did anything too stressful
Did you spawn like 50 AWPs again? The last server slow down quite a bit when you did that.

Omega

Banned
No. it was just a normal warmup.

Also, lol DAT. Why are CIS teams so damn inconsistent? One match they look great, next they look like novas.

Odah

Banned
slighty off-topic but this is the French Special Forces Operator of GIGN who has lead the assaults in France.

ymASFwJ.jpg

Counter Terrorists fucking win.

So biggest day for CS:GO ever. More players played CS today than players that played DOTA2 on the day valve announced the 2013 International tournament which is the second biggest e-sport tournament in history by prize pool, which was passed by the International in 2014. So valve where is our CSGO "International"? I want my 1,000,000 by valve + crowd funded tournament!

Omega

Banned
I'm trying to download the maps to the server. I was just reading that some server providers download at 10kb/s

what? this is gonna take an eternity, and that's if it even works.

ChrisW

So some guy just tried to scam me, tried making up excuses for removing a gun from the trade offer. reported him. Thought it was a bit suspicious, so was very cautious

soultron

Banned

It's tough when you first start playing Competitive MM, trust me. Don't get discouraged.

With CSGO booming in player numbers the past several months, you're going to be placed in some matches that have cheaters or players on their smurf accounts. You have this going against you, but CSGO is more fun (IMO) against people who are better than you since you stand to learn more because you're being tested more against better opposition.

While you're unranked, just keep trying to focus on basics and slowly will get you rounds.

Remember to communicate. This will win you rounds more than any of the advice I'm about to type below.
Know when to buy and when to save. My general rule is save when everyone on the team has <4K. (You can check everyone's money at round start, without physically looking at them, with the TAB key.)
Always buy a kit unless you're saving.
Try not to be out in the open when reloading. Try not to reload after every three shots or even after a kill, in situations you know you might get caught out reloading.
Going on the reloading point, do not forget you have a secondary that's faster (than reloading your primary) to switch to.
Try not to be in the open when throwing nades.

When starting out, it's a tough go, man. I'm still learning how to play and get better, even roughly a year after starting, but it's quickly becoming the most rewarding MP experience I've ever had.

Still stuck on silver 2, playing with people that play for frags ct's that rush leaving thr bomb site open, people that don't know what armor or defuse kits are. This going to be hard. And I still need to improve my aim ;_;

Shane

I've caught myself aiming down as I shoot; especially in tight situations.

My solution so far is to chant "head head head head..." to myself in firefights. Working so far.

soultron

Banned
I've caught myself aiming down as I shoot; especially in tight situations.

My solution so far is to chant "head head head head..." to myself in firefights. Working so far.
Then comes the fun of learning recoil patterns and knowing how much - and when - to pull down if you (purposefully) start to spray at close- to mid-range! :D

MayMay

Banned
Still stuck on silver 2, playing with people that play for frags ct's that rush leaving thr bomb site open, people that don't know what armor or defuse kits are. This going to be hard. And I still need to improve my aim ;_;

Damn.... :( That sounds like Silver games.. And yup let me tell you it is a pain to get out of that. Especially if you solo. Hmm. There are a couple of low Silvers/new people in Gaf as well as higher ranks with a second account. Maybe you should try playing matchmaking with them until you're a bit higher ranked.

Also, Gaf scrims. I think they're a very helpful way to improve, because people can give tips and answer questions. You were there last night, iirc? Good! They don't improve the matchmaking rank though.
But they're always more fun than matchmaking.anyways lol

soultron

Banned
Always willing to party up with newer people if you want some pointers. I'm no Atsuo, but I will try my best.

My smurf account is str8_smurfin on the CSGAF group, but add my main (soultron) first. Send me a message and we'll kick it.

MayMay

Banned
I wish I wasnt so goddamn cheap. I should get a second acc but I'm like "damn I could buy so much other shit from that money" lol. So I didnt. Next sale, I guess. Until then I'll just play with everyone on my main and derank it :> Already on Nova 2 lol. Nova 1 soon.

Odah

Banned
b72bb7fd99.jpg

HOLY SHIT CSGO LOUNGE FUCKED UP THE 97club vs. Comeback game

LOKO AT MMY WINNINGS OMG :D

edit: looks like bots arent up, they will probably fix it now :/

dream is dead #rip

cHinzo

^Some nice value son.

Wanted to buy a big item for this tournament, found one 'on sale' for 20% off, but someone bought it before I could. :C

cHinzo

Damn.... :( That sounds like Silver games.. And yup let me tell you it is a pain to get out of that. Especially if you solo. Hmm. There are a couple of low Silvers/new people in Gaf as well as higher ranks with a second account. Maybe you should try playing matchmaking with them until you're a bit higher ranked.

Also, Gaf scrims. I think they're a very helpful way to improve, because people can give tips and answer questions. You were there last night, iirc? Good! They don't improve the matchmaking rank though.
But they're always more fun than matchmaking.anyways lol

Getting out of silver is easy mode tho. :d Just takes some games as u can't win em all. People just need to not focus on their ranks, but on their own plays when starting out on CS. I've never understand the hurry in needing a higher rank.

MayMay

Banned
Getting out of silver is easy mode tho. :d Just takes some games as u can't win em all. People just need to not focus on their ranks, but on their own plays when starting out on CS. I've never understand the hurry in needing a higher rank.

Because it's hell to play in low Silver ranks. Especially for people that aren't on a smurf, carrying the team to victory no matter what the teammates do :p

CS is a team game, and 95% of the people in low Silver ranks do not play as a team but rather just for k/d. I can understand every single Silver player that complains about that stuff. I was one of them half a year ago lol

And I swear I'd still be a low Silver if I wouldn't have started playing with Gaf. Because soloqueue on that rank equals torture. lol

cHinzo

Because it's hell to play in low Silver ranks. Especially for people that aren't on a smurf, carrying the team to victory no matter what the teammates do :p

CS is a team game, and 95% of the people in low Silver ranks do not play as a team but rather just for k/d. I can understand every single Silver player that complains about that stuff. I was one of them half a year ago lol

And I swear I'd still be a low Silver if I wouldn't have started playing with Gaf. Because soloqueue on that rank equals torture. lol

It's the same in the enemy team though. It's not as if the enemy will have better teams in the same rank. It would even itself out. If u just can't frag hard enough, maybe people should start to think they just belong there lol, unless they're willing to learn and improve. Especially when u just start playing the game. I got placed in Nova 2 and fell down to Silver Master before I made the climb when I started playing this game.

MayMay

Banned
It's the same in the enemy team though. It's not as if the enemy will have better teams in the same rank. It would even itself out. If u just can't frag hard enough, maybe people should start to think they just belong there lol, unless they're willing to learn and improve.

The enemy team doesn't matter. Also, frags don't matter. I can go into a Silver game and get a 40 bomb and still lose the game because everyone else on my team is braindead.

You overestimate the amount of people that actually want to improve. The majority of the people in Silver right now are never gonna leave it, they're not even trying to improve. They already think they're the smartest and best players - and if you give them advice they'll shrug it off lol.

So if a player that legitemately wants to improve is stuck between retards like that, it's painful and annoying. And you can topfrag every game all you want, it won't matter.

Also, I got placed in Silver 2 when I first started. So I know the hell that's going on down there lol. Trust me.

cHinzo

The enemy team doesn't matter. Also, frags don't matter. I can go into a Silver game and get a 40 bomb and still lose the game because everyone else on my team is braindead.

U can't win every game, but simply getting ur frags consistently will get u out of Silver sooner or later.

Also, I got placed in Silver 2 when I first started. So I know the hell that's going on down there, you don't :p
My smurf-smurf was silver 2. :d

MayMay

Banned
Nope, it's not true. How many frags you get makes zero difference in the ranking. And no one in Silver is able to carry a team, so winning with frags isn't an option for them lol

My smurf-smurf was silver 2. :d

I'm talking about that I was placed there when I was new, and a noob. You're really good so the team being braindead doesn't really matter if you're on a smurf. But if you're actually looking to improve - you can't do that in those games most of the time lol

Top Bottom