• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Morzak

The idea is that if your windows settings are ok (6/11 on the slider and enhanced pointer precision off) then all RAW input SHOULD do is mimic that. However, the popular opinion is that m_raw_input is actually bugged and introduces mouse smoothing and you are better off turning it and any engine mouse accel off.

Majority of pros keep it off so despite maybe being a placebo effect, I'm going to keep mine off. It does feel more responsive to me but I'm hardly a high level player.

Hm ok I may try it out sometime in the future. Didn't hear about it until now.

On another note got my AKG 612pro Headphone today :) like it a lot way better sound stage then my closed K550. Maybe I have some time today to test them out in CS and see if positional audio is better then with my old ones.

Haroon

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away AWP Asiimov. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atsou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

360fx360f

AWP ASIIMOV -- MB-56BD866A53F21533 - Taken by dave is ok. 42 entrants total.
t1421256416z1.png

This is it. Thanks everyone for good laughs, and all that good stuff. Have a good life everyone.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
U were playing CS:GO with ur colleagues as a form of teambuilding right?

No, I was caught in an elaborate trading scam, I only realized it after the fact. It was done in such a rush that I was not paying attention, holy shit. I'm so fucking depressed right now.

Shane

No, I was caught in an elaborate trading scam, I only realized it after the fact. It was done in such a rush that I was not paying attention, holy shit. I'm so fucking depressed right now.

Seems quite common. Steam forum has many tales of losses. People swapping out for similar items in trades to get something for practically free. People being tired and missing a digit so they sell a knife for 2.26. Grimm. All grimm.

Lourio

Atsou, that Nuke game really f**ked you up? No teamwork. All kidding aside, please don't leave us.

And that's an insane giveaway.

cHinzo

Man, they didn't bring Karrigan in for the frags, but for his leadership, but he's still topfragging like crazy.

Edit: also looks like Evo got their first map win!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm still in awe after an hour, I cannot fucking believe what has happened. Steam support says they don't reverse trades but fuck I sent a ticket in anyways.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm still in awe after an hour, I cannot fucking believe what has happened. Steam support says they don't reverse trades but fuck I sent a ticket in anyways.
Good luck. I got scammed once a few years ago and even though it was only for like a 6 dollar item in TF2, it still burns.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
What happened Paul?

I guess Atsou was trying to make a trade , and the trader (scammer) wanted atsou to give the knife to someone "trusted". Atsou proceeded to trade me the knife, once the knife was mine, the scammer invited me to a multiparty chat with him and (presumably at the time) atsou. The other atsou asked me to trade, I gave him the knife. At this point, I'm thinking, Ok, atsou got his knife back, dunno what we're doing.

The trader proceeds to ask me to give (fake) atsou my knives, saying he will hold onto it for 10 seconds. This is when I immediately realize something is wrong, check and realize that I fucked up, this guy was just pretending to be atsou, and all of the sudden realize there are two atsou's in my steam chat.

In the midst of all of this, I was working, so I was distracted, and thought this was supposed to be done in urgency, so I was caught off guard, careless, and gave the wrong person the knife. In hindsight, atsou was telling me not to trade unless he said so, and at the time I did not make that distinction that they were two people.

atsou said not to worry about it, but I know this really sucks ass. I spent my lunch break trying to see what is really possible at this point. i'm really torn about this.

garath

I guess Atsou was trying to make a trade , and the trader (scammer) wanted atsou to give the knife to someone "trusted". Atsou proceeded to trade me the knife, once the knife was mine, the scammer invited me to a multiparty chat with him and (presumably at the time) atsou. The other atsou asked me to trade, I gave him the knife. At this point, I'm thinking, Ok, atsou got his knife back, dunno what we're doing.

The trader proceeds to ask me to give (fake) atsou my knives, saying he will hold onto it for 10 seconds. This is when I immediately realize something is wrong, check and realize that I fucked up, this guy was just pretending to be atsou, and all of the sudden realize there are two atsou's in my steam chat.

In the midst of all of this, I was working, so I was distracted, and thought this was supposed to be done in urgency, so I was caught off guard, careless, and gave the wrong person the knife. In hindsight, atsou was telling me not to trade unless he said so, and at the time I did not make that distinction that they were two people.

atsou said not to worry about it, but I know this really sucks ass. I spent my lunch break trying to see what is really possible at this point. i'm really torn about this.

That's rough :(

Ludono

What did you lose?

Post some profiles and stuff, at the very least we can rain the wrath of CSGAF upon them :(

Morzak

Damn that sounds bad :( Steam Support will probably not help much but best of luck.

Why you leaving Atsou? don't go and damn what a nice give away :eek:

cHinzo

Didn't they provide extra info from the person you're trading with, like their level, how long you've been friends etc? :eek: How did the fake one managed to get u to trade it?
Anyway, rough situation man. I'm sorry for ur knife Atsuo. :C

Ludono

Didn't they provide extra info from the person you're trading with, like their level, how long you've been friends etc? :eek: How did the fake one managed to get u to trade it?

Yeah Steam's been trying to stop this kind of stuff via info about the user, adding the captcha etc etc. But of course, scammers will always find a way to take advantage of people somehow. Plus Paul said he was tired and distracted.... we've all made mistakes :(

cHinzo

Yeah Steam's been trying to stop this kind of stuff via info about the user, adding the captcha etc etc. But of course, scammers will always find a way to take advantage of people somehow. Plus Paul said he was tired and distracted.... we've all made mistakes :(
Yeah, too bad there are always those douchebags who are taking advantage of good people. Got once scammed in an MMO when I was little. Never trusted people over the internet again after that. :d and it's paid off, since I haven't been scammed again, but yeah. Those people sadly take advantage of mistakes people made.
Just an FYI. If I win Atsou's AWP, I'm keeping it and giving it back to him when he comes back.

And yes! Penta winnar!
Planning to do the same. :)

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Just an FYI. If I win Atsou's AWP, I'm keeping it and giving it back to him when he comes back.
This was also my plan. I haven't been entering any ModBot giveaways since I've been pretty fucking fortunate with them lately, but this one I had to just so I can keep Golgo 13 safe.

I was planning to use the power of Atsou to level up my AWPing skills and then challenge him 1v1 when he
hopefully
comes back for the right to the Elder Rifle.
And then lose and he gets it back anyway :D

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

It did, I am embarrassed to say that he did ultimately fool me the first time. Since it was atsou's knife, I wanted to give it back asap. I should have just held onto it until I realized what was going on and why we were doing this in the first place. atsou even told me something was sketchy. It was the perfect storm of stupidity on my part. I feel like I deserve to lose all my skins :\

Top Bottom