• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It was a minimal wear karambit stained. They go for $250 right now.

I'm willing to give up my awp asiimov and huntsman knife. That's a solid $100. the awp is battle scarred but it looks very good, could probably get more for it.

I can put in more skins too, since this is my fault.

Ludono

Let's all put up/donate some skins and trade them up to get the Karambit back.

Loving the GAF community spirit here....alas, I don't think we can force Atsuo to come back :(

But I'd totally drop in a skin or two :D

He'll come back to us on his own eventually, he loves us too much

Only got $1.50 off that diggy game, it was pretty close for Epsilon having odds that low.... honestly it could have edged in their favour given some of those plays...

I also got an AWP Asiimov and it's super coo, you really feel bad ass with it :p. Lucky for the dude who's gonna win it (I'm obviously not joining the raffle ;) .

Too bad you're leaving us Atsuo, loved all the advice you gave. :)

impact

Banned
I guess Atsou was trying to make a trade , and the trader (scammer) wanted atsou to give the knife to someone "trusted". Atsou proceeded to trade me the knife, once the knife was mine, the scammer invited me to a multiparty chat with him and (presumably at the time) atsou. The other atsou asked me to trade, I gave him the knife. At this point, I'm thinking, Ok, atsou got his knife back, dunno what we're doing.

The trader proceeds to ask me to give (fake) atsou my knives, saying he will hold onto it for 10 seconds. This is when I immediately realize something is wrong, check and realize that I fucked up, this guy was just pretending to be atsou, and all of the sudden realize there are two atsou's in my steam chat.

In the midst of all of this, I was working, so I was distracted, and thought this was supposed to be done in urgency, so I was caught off guard, careless, and gave the wrong person the knife. In hindsight, atsou was telling me not to trade unless he said so, and at the time I did not make that distinction that they were two people.

atsou said not to worry about it, but I know this really sucks ass. I spent my lunch break trying to see what is really possible at this point. i'm really torn about this.

This is why I never add people from CSGL. Steam offers only.

I played some gungames using only the knife, I could feel the fear of the other players while I knifed them, I even knife one who was on golden knife level kik

Clydefrog

I guess Atsou was trying to make a trade , and the trader (scammer) wanted atsou to give the knife to someone "trusted". Atsou proceeded to trade me the knife, once the knife was mine, the scammer invited me to a multiparty chat with him and (presumably at the time) atsou. The other atsou asked me to trade, I gave him the knife. At this point, I'm thinking, Ok, atsou got his knife back, dunno what we're doing.

The trader proceeds to ask me to give (fake) atsou my knives, saying he will hold onto it for 10 seconds. This is when I immediately realize something is wrong, check and realize that I fucked up, this guy was just pretending to be atsou, and all of the sudden realize there are two atsou's in my steam chat.

In the midst of all of this, I was working, so I was distracted, and thought this was supposed to be done in urgency, so I was caught off guard, careless, and gave the wrong person the knife. In hindsight, atsou was telling me not to trade unless he said so, and at the time I did not make that distinction that they were two people.

atsou said not to worry about it, but I know this really sucks ass. I spent my lunch break trying to see what is really possible at this point. i'm really torn about this.

Ugh :( I'm sorry, guys. That blows.

Odah

Banned

trade offer sent

also HOLY SHIT Atsuo :eek:

edit: Omega, what did I do this time >>

edit 2: just read what happened to Atsou and Paullink. Doesn't steam support at least gives you items back once? as a customer treatment or something. Not sure about that tough

edit 3: Thank you based Dignitas

24e40dcfe9.jpg

Wunder

holy fuck that really sucks. This exact situation happened with two of my RL friends. This is why I put nicknames and check through the little known aliases arrow drop down thing too before i do anything. Fuck really sorry that you got hit like that :(

TL picking up ex-Denial is super cool and amazing for me personally since I might get back to writing about eSports now.

cHinzo

edit 2: just read what happened to Atsou and Paullink. Doesn't steam support at least gives you items back once? as a customer treatment or something. Not sure about that tough

Only when trading. Don't think they reverse the trade when it's a gift aka trading when only one person gives an item.

Odah

Banned
A friend in my steamlist once sent me a phishing link. I wanted to delete him but first I asked him whats up cus I couldn't believe that he wants to scam me. Turns out that HE clicked on this link himself cus he got it from his own brother so he didn't put any thoughts behind it. His inventory was gone in a matter of seconds and that's not the end of the story...after that his profile automatically sent the link to all his other friends on steam.

TL;DR: Fuck scammers.

Omega

Banned
A friend in my steamlist once sent me a phishing link. I wanted to delete him but first I asked him whats up cus I couldn't believe that he wants to scam me. Turns out that HE clicked on this link himself cus he got it from his own brother so he didn't put any thoughts behind it. His inventory was gone in a matter of seconds and that's not the end of the story...after that his profile automatically sent the link to all his other friends on steam.

i never clicked links from anyone besides Mayhem and Atsou. oh and chinZo once when he was nice enough to let me get FRAPS

im not sure why i only trusted them enough to click them

cHinzo

i never clicked links from anyone besides Mayhem and Atsou. oh and chinZo once when he was nice enough to let me get FRAPS

im not sure why i only trusted them enough to click them

That is what u think. Ur skins... are captured now. Bohahahaha.
In the movie clips

Lourio

Damn Andy :p, I also got a message from him but ignored it right away.

Deagle Blaze!!!!!

Omega

Banned
haha some dude tried to buy my bayonet for 57 keys. he ended up finding some other idiot seller, he's now selling that bayonet for 62 keys.

can't believe shit like this actually works

Deadbeat

Banned
this sucks but hope it works out

Steam won't even give me back my $5 so good luck
I had items disappear in a trade during the christmas sale due to the trade servers being hammered, and then steam support told me it looked good on their end. So where did my stuff go then? Who knows.

I dont know why steam cant add options like disable urls in chat, disable the ability to be friended (to get these level 0 bots to fuck off) and so forth.

Omega

Banned
I had items disappear in a trade during the christmas sale due to the trade servers being hammered, and then steam support told me it looked good on their end. So where did my stuff go then? Who knows.

yeah thats what they told me. i took pics of me being charged for the transaction despite it saying transaction failed

DaNcaKe

Looking to add a few more UK/EU based guys to my Steam list.
Currently ranked MG2 and will play with anyone so long as we can search MM without any level issues :) Profile link

Keep meaning to jump on the GAF server when it gets busy but due to timezone differences I always struggle. Might try to join on the weekend if a few of you guys are on.

This game is incredibly broken.

Smurfs everywhere. Smurfs fucking everywhere.

2,000 hours played, I've always been a LEM (since release basically) but since last month I'm now AK (MG2). That's okay, I don't care about the rank, but I'm not having fun. Not one bit.

Me and my friends just got completely asswiped by a couple of Gold Nova 3's.

udiie

PC advice time
I recently bought a evga hadron air, tiny ass PC case that only has two hard drive slots. Problem is I had been running two ssds (one for operating system, the other for games) and a regular 3.5 mainly for file storage, backups, some less important programs, etc
I want to pick up an external enclosures to use via usb 3.0. Do I get a 2.5 to put the ssd in for gaming, or do I get a 3.5 enclosure for my backup/storage drive? My main concern is making the ssd slow by putting it in an enclosure

garath

PC advice time
I recently bought a evga hadron air, tiny ass PC case that only has two hard drive slots. Problem is I had been running two ssds (one for operating system, the other for games) and a regular 3.5 mainly for file storage, backups, some less important programs, etc
I want to pick up an external enclosures to use via usb 3.0. Do I get a 2.5 to put the ssd in for gaming, or do I get a 3.5 enclosure for my backup/storage drive? My main concern is making the ssd slow by putting it in an enclosure

You don't necessarily have to have a SSD in a bay or enclosure. It doesn't have mechanics or heat issues so you could just get some double sided tape and stick it to the side of the bay or something. It would slow down the drive dramatically to connect it via USB 3.0.

Omega

Banned

2,000 hours played, I've always been a LEM (since release basically) but since last month I'm now AK (MG2). That's okay, I don't care about the rank, but I'm not having fun. Not one bit.

I'd love to meet the players who smurf at LEM/SMFC

You don't necessarily have to have a SSD in a bay or enclosure. It doesn't have mechanics or heat issues so you could just get some double sided tape and stick it to the side of the bay or something. It would slow down the drive dramatically to connect it via USB 3.0.
I did this and it still works after more than a year. Can't go wrong

Deadbeat

Banned
yeah thats what they told me. i took pics of me being charged for the transaction despite it saying transaction failed
Honestly you have to hope nothing goes wrong with your account on any level because its pretty much gone. Steam support will never be there for you.

KiKaL

Yeah there seems to be a lot of smurfs when you are MG/MGII. I was MGII and de-ranked to Gold Nova Master. Things in MG/MGII were horrible. I tried to stay positive and just think about it as a learning experience but it almost got me to the point of quitting CS..that thought lasted about a day. Once I hit Gold Nova Master it has seemed a lot better but maybe I have just gotten lucky after a bad streak.

impact

Banned

Hell of a derank. I went from LEM to DMG once I found out how unfun MM is at LEM/SMFC and I can't seem to get any lower no matter how hard I try.

I never found smurfing an issue though since I know people are only doing it to get around Valves horrendous matchmaking system. Plus at LEM level it's not like someone smurfing would be a significantly lower rank than their main anyway.

CoolS

Omfg, just woke up to see elevate won!

Unfortunately the odds changed since I bet, but still, 6bucks won on my first real bet in ages

MayMay

Banned
Bet my very last skin on Mayhem (due to obvious reasons) -- they did good but not good enough :L

Now I'm completely naked in terms of skins :(

Top Bottom