• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

cHinzo

It's more that I want to play the ranked style without worrying too much about it mattering.

Like, I mainly play normal games in LoL now instead of ranked. It's just more fun for me.
Why care about ur rank? It's about improving as a player, when u start playing this game. Nobody can see ur rank anyway (until the end of the game), so what's gonna hold u back? U also rank up and down way faster than in LoL, so climbing up when you've improved is easier here.

CoolS

MM, aim training, or whatever doesn't really transfer well to the real game. The thing is for DM, you are conditioned to expect the enemy everywhere. In a real match a lot of things that occur is unexpected and you are put into tense moments. You got to play around the game rules, where MM there is hardly any.

MM IS the real game (you can argue about round and bomb timers)

Omega

Banned
Why care about ur rank? It's about improving as a player, when u start playing this game. Nobody can see ur rank anyway (until the end of the game), so what's gonna hold u back? U also rank up and down way faster than in LoL, so climbing up when you've improved is easier here.

It's hard to improve at silver when there's people like you and tarik just queuing up to troll.

or the people smurfing who can't make it past DMG fucking it up for novas.

cHinzo

It's hard to improve at silver when there's people like you and tarik just queuing up to troll.

or the people smurfing who can't make it past DMG fucking it up for novas.
Why would I troll when I already reached my desired rank on my smurf? Must be my fault when we're still losing while I'm topfragging apparently. :d The same when bottom fragging while winning. :^) U, of all people, since you're a frequent spectator, should know that. My teams doesn't make less chance to win with me on their team, but I don't bother carrying their asses either, if they are getting outclassed by the enemy team, who are deserving the win. I prefer adapting to my team's level and have a fun game instead of flat out destroying lower ranked players, because what's the fun in that?

I think this rant of urs has more to do about ur own experience in matchmaking and inability to rank up and less about others.

Omega

Banned
Why would I troll when I already reached my desired rank on my smurf? Must be my fault when we're still losing while I'm topfragging apparently. :d The same when bottom fragging while winning. :^) U, of all people, since you're a frequent spectator, should know that. My teams doesn't make less chance to win with me on their team, but I don't bother carrying their asses either, if they are getting outclassed by the enemy team, who are deserving the win. I prefer adapting to my team's level and have a fun game instead of flat out destroying lower ranked players, because what's the fun in that?

I think this rant of urs has more to do about ur own experience in matchmaking and inability to rank up and less about others.

Smurfs aren't the reason I don't rank up. It's because I don't care most of the time and check out mentally.

Omega

Banned
That's the first time I've heard of anything like that. I assume you are talking about an AWP shot? Maybe he didn't have armor?

Haven't read about any changes to the double doors. :/

i could be wrong but thats what people were saying last week.

i don't play dust2 so i don't know if it actually happened or people just assumed it did since the map got a small update

Clydefrog

I did it! I beat the hardest Vanguard Operation tree on my smurf!

I won 1 facade game last night. 1 more tonight followed by 2 easy bazaar wins. It was bazaar!

Now I get to glide down the easier trees to a golden shower.

Sajjaja

It's more that I want to play the ranked style without worrying too much about it mattering.

Like, I mainly play normal games in LoL now instead of ranked. It's just more fun for me.
It only matters if you want it to matter man :) Just don't even look at your rank or care about it.

Ludono

didnt notice this. great work. if you had a casting partner i think this would be pretty solid stuff

thumb.jpg

Since my ping doesn't allow me to participate :(

MayMay

Banned
Got all the video from the last two days up on youtube. Get ready for some horrible commentating from me!

Playlist

Part 3 of inferno is kinda fucked so im gonna re-upload that part.

That's awesome, I love it! The commentating isnt horrible at all lol. Oh man, you need to do that more often - totally. Gives people a nice incentive to try hard, knowing that someone is casting the game :D

http://youtu.be/iyS2ZZSla80?t=2m39s Get rekt animlboogy, shot your head right off! :>

Shane

Tomorrow night I will be aiming to complete the Arms Race Lake mission. What a party animal
I am.

Once that's done, it'll be time for me to try out competitive. Squeaky bum time.

Rivitur

Banned
Took the plung Bet on (ESC) V. PENTA tempted on Flip side vs Ex Reason/XmG 60/40 odds are good odds for making a profit.

4am and I'm here betting :eek:

impact

Banned
having fun with my first stattrak weapon.

So I mainly play deathmatch, and I kind of want to get into the actual counter-strike side of CS, but I don't want to just jump in and play ranked. I feel like the "casual" playlist has way too many people on each team, and I'd rather just do a laid back 5v5. Is it hard to find servers that just do casual "actual" CS? I find it kind of odd that there's not a matchmaking option for such a playlist.

just Q up for matchmaking man, there's ranks for a reason

if your team says something to you tell them you just started playing the game, and if they give you shit after that just hit tab, right click on them and block communication. you're never gonna improve if you're scared to play

impact

Banned
just Q up for matchmaking man, there's ranks for a reason

if your team says something to you tell them you just started playing the game, and if they give you shit after that just hit tab, right click on them and block communication. you're never gonna improve if you're scared to play

nevermind you'll just get the wrong coast servers and terrible rank balancing

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Fuck, this is the exact guy that got me -_- I was pondering on setting up a reddit account to show this scammer but I feel like I'd get downvoted to hell for being an idiot.

I get that valve does not want to reverse trades out of principle but they really gotta do something about cleaning up their community like this piece of shit. Some sort of repercussions or something... Instead these people walk free among us.

Either way, I posted my response. I doubt reporting the accounts will do jack shit, but I have done so at the time regardless.

Lourio

Took the plung Bet on (ESC) V. PENTA tempted on Flip side vs Ex Reason/XmG 60/40 odds are good odds for making a profit.

4am and I'm here betting :eek:

Why ESC? Was planning to bet on Penta, but everyone is saying this is a 50/50 match, And now you bet on ESC - so now I'm confused...

garath

Why ESC? Was planning to bet on Penta, but everyone is saying this is a 50/50 match, And now you bet on ESC - so now I'm confused...

If the real odds are closer to 50/50, you are getting better value for your money betting on the 37% odds.

edit: LOL! The ad at the bottom was for 1-800-Gambler.

Lourio

Scrapped the WIP I was doing above and started fresh.

Album here: http://imgur.com/a/Sdz0Y

If you want to take a look. I still need to block out the silencer, then fix the fucked up seams on all of the edges (thank you 3D-Coat for applying the edge padding I asked for... or not!), and then do detail work.

Comments and (brutally honest) critiques welcome.

It's a nice concept but there seems to be something off - too much black on the handle? What if you can fade the colors into eachother. The silencer, can you make it white with a touch/splash of purple and orange?

edit: what happened to the M4?

soultron

Banned
It's a nice concept but there seems to be something off - too much black on the handle? What if you can fade the colors into eachother. The silencer, can you make it white with a touch/splash of purple and orange?

edit: what happened to the M4?

Yeah, still need to do the silencer, it will be all 4 colours.

I'll be doing detail work that will blend or divide the colours better, yeah.

It's hard to work on the hand grip section of the USP since the grippy bit and the actual part the grippy bit sits on are overlapping on the UV, meaning I can't really isolate the grips. :( The way the majority of the newer weapon skins are laid out makes it difficult to work with... lots of overlapping UV islands, meaning they both have to have the same colour (for the most part).

I'm still working on the M4, but I hit a bit of a creative block with it, so I'm using the USP to prove out the style and then carry on once I've finalized the USP. The USP is a smaller skin, meaning I can turn it around quicker, with less time lost if I decide to abandon this particular style and colour scheme altogether.

booooring. Just plain unimaginative. I've seen millions of skins now like this

Hah, I don't blame the guy. It's not good enough yet to really differentiate itself.

Who the fuck falls for this shit?

Report that badboy. Try to report him on as many sites as possible.

cresto

Who the fuck falls for this shit?

Sadly, I think people do. Esp younger kids who don't understand. I'll definitely take that sweet, sweet knife of yours, though. :D

On another note:

Found out on my esea account that I had premium up until the start of february (thought I only paid for a month back in november) so I played several games. Had some really good experiences from it over MM. Might switch to that on a more regular basis. Then again, my fucking awful karma doesn't allow me to buy nades or mollies. I've had my account since 2004 so i refuse to give it up. Silly my karma was so bad. I started yesterday with a -19.5 i think.

Anyone else on ESEA who is halfway decent? Add me: http://play.esea.net/users/77112

Edit: If yall can help me out with my karma, i'd much appreciate it

Found out on my esea account that I had premium up until the start of february (thought I only paid for a month back in november) so I played several games. Had some really good experiences from it over MM. Might switch to that on a more regular basis. Then again, my fucking awful karma doesn't allow me to buy nades or mollies. I've had my account since 2004 so i refuse to give it up. Silly my karma was so bad. I started yesterday with a -19.5 i think.

What the fuck?

K.Sabot

Wardino is Team Liquid coach? Does that mean he's back in the scene full time, because I remember him saying he was quite comfortable in his current job and didn't really want to come back full time.

cHinzo

Wardino is Team Liquid coach? Does that mean he's back in the scene full time, because I remember him saying he was quite comfortable in his current job and didn't really want to come back full time.

Nah, don't think coaching is a full time job.

cresto

I think it was more of a "what the fuck, why would they lock you out of playing the game right?"

Exactly, and you can't do team damage anyways correct?

Just seems to handicap your team more than anything.

I can buy smokes and nades, not flashes or mollies. Sorry for the confusion. You have to have -5 karma or better to use both. I guess that is their deterrent. I don't see a better option for jack asses. There needs to be some sort of penalty. It's just going to take a while before I can do that. It's frustrating, but I don't want to start over.

Some guy last night asked me where I bought my steamID since its a 6 digit, but I've had this since steam came out.

CoolS

I can buy smokes and nades, not flashes or mollies. Sorry for the confusion. You have to have -5 karma or better to use both. I guess that is their deterrent. I don't see a better option for jack asses. There needs to be some sort of penalty. It's just going to take a while before I can do that. It's frustrating, but I don't want to start over.

Some guy last night asked me where I bought my steamID since its a 6 digit, but I've had this since steam came out.

That seems like total bullshit. You pay for their service, and they still lock out gameplay features for you? lol

Top Bottom