• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Odah

Banned
Rumours says it was TMP (Tempo) which were throwing the game

I won 1$ with Winout but I feel pissed about that.

Omikron

I just bet on mouz v orbit but it seems that centuryz is filling in again for roque (it might be on a permanent basis as well as orbits twitter has news incoming.) Despite century's mouz is the better team and in best of 5 matches the better team always wins.

decent enough odds if that is the case...

impact

Banned
9udUoCe.png

NooBK < kennyS

soultron

Banned
Haha Destiny. Prepare to be frustrated that, most of the time, headshots and recoil mean absolutely nothing. Honestly that was the weirdest thing about coming from CSGO and playing Destiny.

cheezcake

Welp that's three games with hackers in a row. On the plus side saw another guy get VAC'd in the middle of our game, should've used his friends cheats instead.

Odah

Banned
if there are any star players (tier 1 or 2) from Europe and NA then please respond NOW in this thread!!!

Atsou you don't count.

MayMay

Banned
I wish Id just have someone that'd slap me in case I ever feel like opening a case again, just felt like spending 30$ on that - and I got literally nothing out of it lol.

The Knife dream is dead.

Well, I actually got a Stattrak USP-S Caiman - but I transformed that into nothing by selling it and buying more keys lol.

garath

I wish Id just have someone that'd slap me in case I ever feel like opening a case again, just felt like spending 30$ on that - and I got literally nothing out of it lol.

The Knife dream is dead.

Well, I actually got a Stattrak USP-S Caiman - but I transformed that into nothing by selling it and buying more keys lol.

Yeah. I've been tempted to just straight drop like $25 and open some in a row instead of this one here, one there thing. But it is such a waste of money lol.

MayMay

Banned
Yeah. I've been tempted to just straight drop like $25 and open some in a row instead of this one here, one there thing. But it is such a waste of money lol.

It really is.. I always hate myself after I do that.

I wanted to buy a knife, but I felt like giving the cases another try. Yeah shit. lol

soultron

Banned

The Knife dream is dead.

Pay the money outright, for whatever skin you want, if you feel like you're blowing too much on keys. Within whatever budget you have. As I said above, I really wanted another Stainless USP (lost it betting) so I looked for trades first (couldn't find any that were actually the quality they advertised... FT is not FN, as one guy tried to pass off) and then just ended up paying the $13.

Is it a waste of money to drop the lump sum? Sure. But don't fool yourself into "just one more key/case," because that's how you end up losing lots over the long-term. $2-3 for keys adds up quickly.

Shane

The Knife dream is dead.

I've been feeling like doing the exact same thing recently.

For a chance at winning a digital in-game item... we're crazy.

garath

Pay the money outright, for whatever skin you want, if you feel like you're blowing too much on keys. Within whatever budget you have. As I said above, I really wanted another Stainless USP (lost it betting) so I looked for trades first (couldn't find any that were actually the quality they advertised... FT is not FN, as one guy tried to pass off) and then just ended up paying the $13.

Is it a waste of money to drop the lump sum? Sure. But don't fool yourself into "just one more key/case," because that's how you end up losing lots over the long-term. $2-3 for keys adds up quickly.

Except it's really really hard to bring yourself to drop $100+ on a knife lol.

The $25 chunks of case openings are a lot easier to swallow.

I have bought an AWP redline outright rather than go the case route. It's the skin I wanted and I camped the market for a few days to get it $1.50 lower than the average. I think that's the only skin over $2 I've bought straight up though. Rest I've found or purchased dirt cheap (M4 radiation).

MayMay

Banned
Yeah.. I'll just buy the knife I want. I know exactly which one, and have been observing the price for the last couple of days.

Just felt like giving cases one last chance, lol. I'm not gonna starve because of 30$ - but I still get annoyed lol (I already lost more than 100$ while betting so it's not like I'm not used to that stuff >__>)

garath

Yeah.. I'll just buy the knife I want. I know exactly which one, and have been observing the price for the last couple of days.

Just felt like giving cases one last chance, lol. I'm not gonna starve because of 30$ - but I still get annoyed lol (I already lost more than 100$ while betting >__>)

What knife are you getting? I like a bunch. Even if I felt like dropping $100-$200, I'd have a tough time deciding which one.

MayMay

Banned
What knife are you getting? I like a bunch. Even if I felt like dropping $100-$200, I'd have a tough time deciding which one.

Yup.. I definitely want a Huntsman knife - and I think I'll get a Crimson Web. Probably Field-Tested - because I actually like how the wear looks on that (and because I'm not rich and really don't feel like paying twice that money for a MW).

Random pic from google

Y'all should check out /r/globaloffensivetrade if you're looking to trade. It might be a smaller trading community than the lounge but it's also rare to find traders who make you want to rip your eyes out. And you never get the 'advertised MW but was actually WW' type characters.

garath

Yup.. I definitely want a Huntsman knife - and I think I'll get a Crimson Web. Probably Field-Tested - because I actually like how the wear looks on that (and because I'm not rich and really don't feel like paying twice that money for a MW).

Random pic from google

That's a cool one. I really like the huntsmen. I think I'd prefer a fade or case hardened but those are really up there. Karambit is my other favorite type but those are super expensive.

soultron

Banned
Except it's really really hard to bring yourself to drop $100+ on a knife lol.

Yeah, I'd never buy a knife outright either. Too expensive. Trading or a key is the only way I'll ever get one, so I probably never will have a knife.

I'd use one if I ever got a drop, but I rarely ever use my knife outside of running faster or QQQQQQ spam, so I don't find value in paying >$70 for it.

That's just me, of course.

haveheart

Banned
After completing all these missions I got 10+ Vanguard cases. I don't open cases anymore (I swear!) so maybe someone in here is interested in trading against skin(s)?

Odah

Banned
Alright - let's fucking do it:
fa6a64715d.png

Map Pool is: Mirage (mouz best map) - Dust2 - Inferno - Cache - Overpass

My prediction: Mouz will take Mirage and Dust2, lose on Inferno and win on Cache...or lose and it goes to Overpass where I will shit my pants!

Every second reddit post is people saying that mouz is weak atm and Orbit soooo good, bet on orbit, etc... while everyone who says they bet on mouz gets downvoted lol. Oddsway? Dunno.

Well mouz's lineup isn't bad in any way. Yeah I know they lost allu but they got troubley which is also a great rifler, especially when he's on fire. Mouz are bootcamping right now + they no longer have to talk in english since allu is now gone.

Orbit are playing with a kinda new team aswell. Players to watch out are that new guy, maxaki (especially his strats) and his awp..I hope onlineJ can counter this but im sure he will.

current odds: 69-31

my Odds: 65:35

If mouz wins I'll be happy. If they lose, rip!

gl to everyone, I'm feeling confident

garath

Yeah, I'd never buy a knife outright either. Too expensive. Trading or a key is the only way I'll ever get one, so I probably never will have a knife.

I'd use one if I ever got a drop, but I rarely ever use my knife outside of running faster or QQQQQQ spam, so I don't find value in paying >$70 for it.

That's just me, of course.

I feel exactly the same way. I'd probably use it for the swag if I found one but buying outright isn't for me.

Then again, even if I found one, $200+ is a lot of steam games lol

Ludono

To all those saying that it's alot to spend on a digital in-game item...well, it is. But I think of it this way, I've probably spend more hours in CSGO than any other game or system in 2014....that includes a PS4 console, and dozens of console and PC games whereas I'm nearing like 800 hours in CSGO. As long as I get enjoyment and I have some excess cash to throw at it that I'd otherwise blow on otherstuff, why not?

Also I'm pretty sure I've explained how I got my knife but basically I bought dozens of the EMS Katowice 2014 stickers when they were 25 cents and then sold them later on for anywhere from $5-35.....earning me nearly $400 which I then dropped on my knife and some skins :D

garath

To all those saying that it's alot to spend on a digital in-game item...well, it is. But I think of it this way, I've probably spend more hours in CSGO than any other game or system in 2014....that includes a PS4 console, and dozens of console and PC games whereas I'm nearing like 800 hours in CSGO. As long as I get enjoyment and I have some excess cash to throw at it that I'd otherwise blow on otherstuff, why not?

Also I'm pretty sure I've explained how I got my knife but basically I bought dozens of the EMS Katowice 2014 stickers when they were 25 cents and then sold them later on for anywhere from $5-35.....earning me nearly $400 which I then dropped on my knife and some skins :D

You'll never hear me talk bad about people spending money on in-game items
I'm about $500 into League of Legends
. I am more than on the same page. We used to spend $20/mo on MMOs and find ourselves getting just as many hours of enjoyment on today's F2P games. It's more than acceptable to drop some money on the games you spend a lot of time on.

That said, I use a knife so little that without some sort of in-game windfall (like your stickers) I don't see a knife in my future. I'll just stick with opening some cases, buying some $10-20 skins I like for weapons I use a lot, etc. A knife just seems like more fluff than usual lol.

soultron

Banned

I want to live in your world, the one where stickers go for $35. D:

Ludono

I want to live in your world, the one where stickers go for $35. D:

Some have even gone up! (I had a Titan sticker which I sold for $35 at the time :( )

haha damn

tbh that's not even a fair payment though. He probably had to watch PL for 30 minutes. he should give him more than a Man o War

I don't understand how he gets so many viewers... it's literally painful to watch him. I guess it's solely because of giveaways? :p

ChrisW

Anyone on CSGAF have an item worth 12 keys willing do me a "mates-rates" deal for 10k Ive come to a road block in my aim to build up from almost nothing but a £5 skin

Ludono

Holy crap. How did you even get ahold of those stickers initially? Did you go to IEM?

No? They were selling them in-game just like every other Event Team stickers, it's just I decided to blow like $15 on stickers when they were 25 cents on the last day of Katowice.

I guess no one really bought those stickers so there weren't many on the market and the supply has dried up like crazy since.

Anyone on CSGAF have an item worth 12 keys willing do me a "mates-rates" deal for 10k Ive come to a road block in my aim to build up from almost nothing but a £5 skin

Err, I don't even know what items are worth in "key prices"

Omega

Banned
No? They were selling them in-game just like every other Event Team stickers, it's just I decided to blow like $15 on stickers when they were 25 cents on the last day of Katowice.

I guess no one really bought those stickers so there weren't many on the market and the supply has dried up like crazy since.

Err, I don't even know what items are worth in "key prices"

item price/2.5 = price in keys

Note to self: buy a FUCKTONNE of holos at the end of the next major.

haha. i think those only went up so much because they're the only good looking stickers.

plus everyone else is gonna have this note to self

Top Bottom