• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

udiie

I've just been hearing so much hype between my friends lately that jumped back into counterstrike after all these years. Is it worth it for me to play? Even though I'll just be getting wrecked for a long time by everyone?
Do it anyway. Very rewarding game once you get the hang of it

Wunder

He has such a good business model, just sit there and open cases all day and give subs 5 x more luck.

He gets at least $15 every 5/10 minutes and streams for about 5/6 hours and then a percentage of the sub money goes to him too & all he has to do is give away everything he gets.

I bet he makes SO much money from his stream & it's a pretty decent way of trying to win skins, just by subbing

motar?

frbrr

I've just been hearing so much hype between my friends lately that jumped back into counterstrike after all these years. Is it worth it for me to play? Even though I'll just be getting wrecked for a long time by everyone?

I took like a 10 year break, it really is like riding a bike

Arucardo

He has such a good business model, just sit there and open cases all day and give subs 5 x more luck.

He gets at least $15 every 5/10 minutes and streams for about 5/6 hours and then a percentage of the sub money goes to him too & all he has to do is give away everything he gets.

I bet he makes SO much money from his stream & it's a pretty decent way of trying to win skins, just by subbing

He's been streaming for 5 years or so though, I think he's earned it.

ChrisW

WOW, someone just traded me a Stattrack CZ victoria - Battle scarred (worth £27/£28) for my battle scarred Cyrex and 1 key worth about £18/£19

Played against some russians, all with "Duck" in their names who all went "quack quack quack" the whole match (well at least the warmups). I think that was much more hilarious than the guy blasting some crappy euro techno on our team.

Omega

Banned
im not even sure why hes opening case

He can literally buy whatever skin he wants with stat trak, and each one in the world and it wouldn't mean anything to him.

f0rk

im not even sure why hes opening case

He can literally buy whatever skin he wants with stat trak, and each one in the world and it wouldn't mean anything to him.

Because counterstrike on twitch has turned into a terrible place where people rolling dice on case opening gets 5 times as many viewers as actually playing the game.

garath

Well I got a taste of the dark side of competitive. One guy was raging hard because no one was doing the "right" thing. Basically not communicating anything, just bitching. He afkd for 5 or 6 rounds until we started coming back. Then had one guy that was just plain useless. Finished first side 1/15 lol. Then on the second half some guy just disconnected. Rager started raging some more. We STILL did OK with the bot but hard to come back when you're faced with that. All gold nova 2 as well. Was pretty pathetic.

Whee.

Omega

Banned
Because counterstrike on twitch has turned into a terrible place where people rolling dice on case opening gets 5 times as many viewers as actually playing the game.

he probably makes more scratching his nuts than he will off this stream

not like he needs the viewers

impact

Banned
I was getting that trying to buy some huntsman cases. I think the market is bugged.

probably why this ST flip rust coat didn't sell. I put it up for only $20 more than a non-ST version and no one bought it overnight :(

and it's really sad that summit has more viewers than friberg and maikelele combined. CSGO scene is so silly.

Omega

Banned
there's always that one dumbass friend that thinks he's smart when he's really not

and of course motar gives that friend the responsibility

ChrisW

Anyone know why my new items aren't loading into the csgo lounge backpack, but my old items are still showing up. I want to add a new trade but my new skins aren't showing, it still says I have a Cyrex

Omega

Banned
Oh man gaf games are crazy :D need to play with ye guys again

Also yes i Wuv my Knight

glad you had fun. sorry i cut that Dust2 a little short haha.

From now on i'll just let someone else like Mayhem/anyone that wants to handle the in game stuff. that's like 4 restarts i've done :(

Silver 2 elo hell, ct rushing people, that don't have sound on, flashing teammate.
It's just bad.

that happens even at MG2/MGE

you got a long way to go before that stops happening

cHinzo

Even pros rush through smokes and die. We just need to accept that it happens sadly. ;_;

Whats the new server's ip anyway? Mind to update the OP? :d

Xizk

Tried Faceit. All people in my team used comms which was nice but the skill level was low as hell. I just ran onto A on Mirage and got entries every round. Someone on my team kept asking if we are ecoing when we had won pistol. Still unranked so I hope the skill level will improve once I get ranked. First impression is that it's much better than MM because of the comms and 128 tick.

Went from MG2 to GN4 in like 4 days.. shits rough.

Drowned my sorrows in a few cases.. unboxed a ST WW AK-47 Cartel on my first Chroma case.. then a BS Kami Galil.. then a ST FT AA m4a1.. so not that rough ;D

MayMay

Banned
At this rate I'll go and spend more time in other games than play CS -- and I didn't do that since June. Played a MM game earlier, ended up having horrrrrible server lag again - like always.
East Coast servers seem fucked atm. No idea if it's that bad in other regions, but it probably is.

Oh well, more time to work on my backlog and play Civ 5 I guess.

Omega

Banned
At this rate I'll go and spend more time in other games than play CS -- and I didn't do that since June. Played a MM game earlier, ended up having horrrrrible server lag again - like always.
East Coast servers seem fucked atm. No idea if it's that bad in other regions, but it probably is.

Oh well, more time to work on my backlog and play Civ 5 I guess.

its every region.

Mokoi

Banned
Sweet karambit ultraviolet I got with omega's case.
vLJmUTA.png
It's ok to be jealous.

Top Bottom