• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Ludono

Couple stupid questions...

1) Do good skins like stattrack or even knives ever randomly drop after matches? Like, ever? Or are they case only?

2) Is the legit best way to find a knife just dumb luck from buying keys and opening cases?

No, No, Yes, No

Basically you're gonna be sinking large amounts of money into this game if you want decent skins. Prepare your wallet.

EDIT: DOUBLE POST BITE ME

Wunder

1) Do good skins like stattrack or even knives ever randomly drop after matches? Like, ever? Or are they case only?

2) Is the legit best way to find a knife just dumb luck from buying keys and opening cases?

1) case only, the only things you can get from drops are cases and random skins from the 'Collection' series, which range from white-purple and some of which are no longer available. Those guns aren't able to have stattrak on them so you just won't ever find Stattrak items through map drops.

2) Probably not. If you really want a knife and know which one you want, you should probably buy it. It'll take away from the sentimental value and the excitement of actually unboxing a knife, but unless you're prepared to overpay a lot for a knife or get really lucky, opening cases isn't the best idea.

Mokoi

Banned
Yeah man unless you're alright with waiting forever and opening a case every so often with card monies or stuff it's better to just buy the damm knife you want. You have to to be really lucky to unbox one.
---
Well figured out why I would only get 60fps while playing on 4:3. Had to disable vertical sync in nvidia control panel. -_-

Anything less than that is a turrible experience. sneakypete has it rough.

Rixxan

I guess you could always buy the knife and then if you actually unboxed one you could sell one of the two and recoup some of the cost

Odah

Banned
The two safest matches today will be Fnatic > ESC (Mirage Bo1) and Fnatic >>> Mouz (Inferno bo1), both where I will go all in.

I will also place a medium bet on Epsilon but they probably get ddos'd to hell resulting in a forfeit and/or postpone lol.

cHinzo

I really think Gplay has a shot to win against Epsilon if Gplay vetoes Inferno... Might be able to make some money here. Gplay just beat Orbit 16-2 and 16-8 vs Unu.Ain, 10 hours ago according to Pyth's twitter and I would rank Epsilon at the same tier as Orbit (tier 2)

10923665_597539877057695_7828747866206711208_o.jpg

10928974_597517297059953_9164564755971467800_o.jpg

Might go for a chance bet myself...

Edit: U got urself new skins Odah?! Show em. 8)

CoolS

I guess you could always buy the knife and then if you actually unboxed one you could sell one of the two and recoup some of the cost

That's my plan. I'll keep opening cases here and there, but I gave up on the idea that I will unbox a knife anytime soon.

Watch me buy a knife and unbox one the next case I open

The two safest matches today will be Fnatic > ESC (Mirage Bo1) and Fnatic >>> Mouz (Inferno bo1), both where I will go all in.

I will also place a medium bet on Epsilon but they probably get ddos'd to hell resulting in a forfeit and/or postpone lol.

"Safest". BO1s online always have upset potential, but I guess with fnatic its rather safe. I definitely would have bet on old HR for this game though.

Rivitur

Banned
FTFY. :d

Man, I missed out on so much value today because of those bots. Any chance for Epsilon to fail vs Gplay?
Small chance but completely possible... Should be 70/30-80/20 odds. Just don't think its going to happen however.

Problem is gplay doesn't have an awp that can compete with fxy0.

Edit: I just put my highest skin on Pepsilon! 5¢ reward here I come.

ChrisW

So after a lot of trading up etc I've managed to get myself a FT Cyrex and 3 keys, do you think I can trade this up to a knife or a MW Cyrex that I can then trade for a knife

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
watching tarik smurf in my elo is both hilarious and shaming

He just walks around trolling and can ace purposely missing 90% of his shots.

Omega

Banned
watching tarik smurf in my elo is both hilarious and shaming

He just walks around trolling and can ace purposely missing 90% of his shots.

lmao

i just watched him p250 on cat and shoot like 10 feet above the enemy

edit - wat. pistol round saves

CoolS

There's a thread in the CSGL Steam group, where you can send a CS Go key to a Lounge adming via trade offer. He'll accept it after a day or so and you will be credited 250 points on Lounge, which you can donate for the dedicated bots.

We'll see how good those work.

cHinzo

There's a thread in the CSGL Steam group, where you can send a CS Go key to a Lounge adming via trade offer. He'll accept it after a day or so and you will be credited 250 points on Lounge, which you can donate for the dedicated bots.

We'll see how good those work.

Ah, might look into that. I used those dedicated bots once, when I was seriously into betting. It was so easy to get items in or out, but I think u can only get 2 items guaranteed out each time.

soultron

Banned
Wow. That chroma case has plummeted and I still haven't gotten one :( Feels bad.

Don't play missions if you want one. I think it's safe to assume getting a mission drop takes priority over a random drop.

Meaning if you only play 3 matches in a week, and 2 of them are mission drops, that means only 1 of those 3 matches are eligible for a random drop, and then that's determined on how many random drops you have left for the week, and then the roll for whether it's a skin or a case.

garath

Don't play missions if you want one. I think it's safe to assume getting a mission drop takes priority over a random drop.

Meaning if you only play 3 matches in a week, and 2 of them are mission drops, that means only 1 of those 3 matches are eligible for a random drop, and then that's determined on how many random drops you have left for the week, and then the roll for whether it's a skin or a case.

Yeah. I've been getting 1-3 casual maps in per night. Not much but I've gotten hunstman, breakout, vanguard (normal drop) and phoenix cases but no chroma so far. Just bad luck I think.

Only play a mission once every 3 days give or take.

Trying to ramp up the competitive matches (I'd assume there's better drop chance there since longer and such) but still only done 1 this week.

cHinzo

3 of my last drops were Vanguard when the Chroma cases came out. -_- Such luck. Missed out on the free €6.

soultron

Banned
I don't think Comp gives you a higher chance at drops because they're longer.

I do think the general theory on 3 random drops per week (regardless of game mode), resetting on Wednesday, seems solid, though.

cresto

I don't think Comp gives you a higher chance at drops because they're longer.

I do think the general theory on 3 random drops per week (regardless of game mode), resetting on Wednesday, seems solid, though.

I though it was somewhere around 6-8 drops. Could be mistaken, though.

soultron

Banned
I though it was somewhere around 6-8 drops. Could be mistaken, though.

You're probably correct! I wonder if that number is split between cases and skins too, because cases potentially yield more money for Valve from any subsequent key purchases.

soultron

Banned
how'd your match go on sunday?

we beat Zynga 16-4

I actually didn't play due to plans with my GF. Our team won against Kik Interactive 16-0.

I don't think it was a surprise though, considering that many of their team had <50 hours total time on CSGO. That's not a slight against them at all, but a few of our guys have been playing since 1.6 and earlier, so I think the scoreline was expected.

We're up against National Instruments next week though, who I think will come top spot (or second) in our group, however! National Instruments and Epic are the two strongest teams in our group, from what I've gathered. We're trying to get our top guys in for that match, with plenty of practise, however. I'll be pleased if we walk out with at least 8 rounds, to be honest.

How are you guys doing so far, and how do you feel about your group? IBP looks terrifying.

cresto

So after a week of almost exclusively playing ESEA pugs, I gotta say its not a whole lot better than MM. Sure, the servers are better and the client is decent, but the players are still frustrating when you solo-que. I have had countless people who don't use mics, have no common game sense and don't bother trying to play as a team, instead opting for going the opposite direction and dying with little to no affect. I'm usually top fragging at around 20-30 kills, yet I have guys on my team dropping maybe 10 tops. It boggles my mind these scrubs would spend the money on ESEA if they have no interest is trying to win or play as a team. Its fucking 2015 and people still don't use/have mic's. Infuriating.

Top Bottom