• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Omega

Banned
73ad8d8800.png

Bring in the value son!

wat

balls of steel

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Man I really wanted to bet on gplay too, but didn't have the guts to go through with it.

Would have won 35$

cHinzo

Hmmm give away, chinzo? :p
Who knows? :d
What does the steam wallet max at? I wanna try doing that with betting.

€380 or $500. Reached it twice and managed to throw away everything (altho I managed to buy a couple of new games for me and a friend of mine, before losing it) twice. -_-

What's your plan once you max your Steam wallet, cHinzo?

Buy crazy amounts of stickers and plaster all of your guns with them? :D
I used to be more into having cool skins for all my guns (AWP Asiimov, Stat Trak M4 and AK, Stat Trak CZ, USP and Glock) , but since I got 3 accounts, I don't bother with those big priced skins anymore. Just wanna get some cool non-stat trak skins for my main and smurfs and that's it (waiting for the M4A4 Dragon King to drop in price!).

After getting max money I need to find a way to not bet it all away again. :\

cresto

I see

Why are knives the most expensive weapons?

It's a genius system that Valve has mastered. They are extremely rare drops. Likely less than .1%. Then you throw in the difference conditions and unique patterns and you have created a monster that just churns out cash. I've watched a guy open 500+ cases and not get a single knife drop. I don't know the algorithm, but it somehow determines all these factors. Valve then threw in a kill counter to the guns and it got even more crazy expensive. Stat trak knives are few and you dont see them on the market because of the $400 cap.

At least that is how I have interpreted it. The weapon condition is what it is when you open the case.

cHinzo

I see

Why are knives the most expensive weapons?

They are the rarest skins to unlock. The weapon quality goes from:

• White (Common) - Consumer grade
  • Light blue (Uncommon) - Industrial grade
  • Darker blue (Rare) - Mil-spec
  • Purple (Mythical) - Restricted
  • Pinkish purple (Legendary) - Classified
  • Red (Ancient) - Covert
  • Gold (Exceedingly Rare) - ★ Melee Weapons
  • Light Brown (Immortal) - Contraband (discontinued)

And then u also have exterior quality. Factory New has almost no scratches and Battlescarred has a lot of em. It goes from:

• Battle-Scarred
  • Well-Worn
  • Field-Tested
  • Minimal Wear
  • Factory New

Omega

Banned
They are the rarest skins to unlock. The weapon quality goes from:

• White (Common) - Consumer grade
  • Light blue (Uncommon) - Industrial grade
  • Darker blue (Rare) - Mil-spec
  • Purple (Mythical) - Restricted
  • Pinkish purple (Legendary) - Classified
  • Red (Ancient) - Covert
  • Gold (Exceedingly Rare) - ★ Melee Weapons
  • Light Brown (Immortal) - Contraband (discontinued)

And then u also have exterior quality. Factory New has almost no scratches and Battlescarred has a lot of em. It goes from:

• Battle-Scarred
  • Well-Worn
  • Field-Tested
  • Minimal Wear
  • Factory New

To add to this, some knives while also being Gold, also have their own subset of Mythical/Legendary/Ancient grade

Doppler for example, the pattern that someone like summit has is mythical. A sapphire/ruby would be Legendary. A black pearl is an ancient.

So on top of knives being the rarest item possible, you also have rarer versions of said knife.

Odah

Banned
To add to this, some knives while also being Gold, also have their own subset of Mythical/Legendary/Ancient grade

Doppler for example, the pattern that someone like summit has is mythical. A sapphire/ruby would be Legendary. A black pearl is an ancient.

So on top of knives being the rarest item possible, you also have rarer versions of said knife.

gut knife forest ddpat battle - scarred...oh boi, the dollars

cresto

Question: How is this determined and where does the value get determined from? It's not like there is some CS:GO appraiser, lmao. This is the thing I have always been confused by and never able to follow. All these knives have different patterns, right? But how do people know its more rare than whatever you explained above with the doppler?

garath

Question: How is this determined and where does the value get determined from? It's not like there is some CS:GO appraiser, lmao. This is the thing I have always been confused by and never able to follow. All these knives have different patterns, right? But how do people know its more rare than whatever you explained above with the doppler?

Because if you get a knife, and don't see any on the market, you ask some astronomical price until someone else undercuts it. Then someone else undercuts, etc etc. Free market at work. The rarer it is, the longer it will sit at that astronomical price and eventually someone might buy it because they realize how rare it is. Then you have a pattern of the item selling for that much, etc.

soultron

Banned
So what if a knife is worth more than 400$? (lol)

Where are they sold or traded? Whats the most expensive one?
I saw some crazy reddit post from r/cstrading (or whatever) that valued a FN ST Karambit Crimson Web (that or Slaughter? Can't remember) at like 1000 keys, which is almost 3000 in my currency. I laughed out fucking loud. Christ. It's worth that to some people, maybe.

Omega

Banned

For the Doppler, Valve included it into the files by default

For other stuff I'm not sure as I just recently started following trading scene (just because i find it interesting) but it seems pretty straight forward.

The more webs a Crimson Web knife has, the more valuable.
The more blue a case hardened has the more valuable because gold is the more common color for CH.
Fades need color. The most common would be gold/pink with a lot of brown at the bottom.

How a fade should look
http://imgur.com/a/0dIJW

At the end, the pricing goes by whoever sells the first item and who buys it. If a new case comes out and you get a knife on the first crate and sell it for 1000 keys, that item is now worth a 1000 keys if it stays pretty rare and in demand. Sure someone can sell for less but why bother? There's obviously people out there who would buy for that price so you can stand firm.

edit - just as I say that i see this thread http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...njh/discussion_unintended_or_intended_market/

So what if a knife is worth more than 400$? (lol)

Where are they sold or traded? Whats the most expensive one?

You normally trade them for keys and then you can either trade those keys for other items or cash out by selling keys for $1.8. It's a lot easier to swallow getting scammed maybe $10 because someone wanted to buy some keys instead of losing your $800 knife.

GeT_RiGhT #1 on HLTV.

cHinzo

GeT_RiGhT #1 on HLTV.

Damn, wish Flusha was #1. Get_right's skill and rating took such a deep dive after summer and he never looked the same as the first half of the year, while Flusha was pretty consistent and kept playing better. :\

Omega

Banned
Damn, wish Flusha was #1. Get_right's skill and rating took such a deep dive after summer and he never looked the same as the first half of the year, while Flusha was pretty consistent and kept playing better. :\

I only felt he "underperformed" at Dreamhack Winter. His team made it to the finals in every major this year and he's a huge reason for that. I put underperform in quotes because his underperformance is still better than most people's regular performance.

Flusha also lifts his mouse so who cares about him. You can't get mad at Orbit players for that but not Flusha.

Rivitur

Banned
It has finally happened.... Odah is self destructing in front of our eyes... Take a week break odah wait for MLG.
School is starting up again, damn.
It creeped up on me. I was all confident like oh I have another week until school starts I can slack off until then. Looked last night apparently school starts tomorrow... Welp it was fun while it lasted.

cHinzo

Decided to follow Odah, because I thought he wouldn't be able to keep losing multiple bets in a row. I was wrong, rip.

Looks like I'm out again until there is a cheap item on the market. Another small bump in the road to max wallet. >_<

udiie

udiie's shit analysis tonight:
Torqued might beat clg tonight, they got whooped yesterday but they're alright at mirage and steel was angry as fuck last night for losing. No more than an inventory cleaner on this game imo.
Cloud9 dominated on inferno (edit) the other day with Shahzaam coming up big as fuck. They stand a way better chance against CLG than tourqued ever will.
Last game is a gut feeling; considering Tourqued has dominated lower tier NA teams before I will probably lose this bet, but... Steel is known to throw.
I've won $35 in skins the past 3 days. Maybe I've come out of my slump.

Top Bottom