• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

I do, though not as much as I want to sometimes. If you get home from work between 5 and 6, then you still have to eat something, maybe do some laundry and suddenly its around 8. Then the gf needs some attention, so I'm lucky to get a match in or do some stupid missions just to relax.

Actual gaming only happens at the weekend for me at the moment, IF there isn't something else planned.

I'm actually in the same boat, kinda. It's just easier to watch a stream while doing something else than to commit to an entire game. It's great if you can dedicate an entire night to it though, especially if you can queue with some friends.

A bit off topic but I thought maybe someone would be interested in this non-CSGO montage I made.... one of the previous year (it's not very good sorry :( )

I skimmed through it a bit. Nice visuals! They're popping. On the editing, go easy on the fades, you generally want to use hard cuts. Makes it less movie-makery. I would also make the shots shorter, try to get the essentials in (about 3 seconds/shot max). Avoid stuttering camera pans, it's better to cut between angles if they're not very smooth. And big typography is cool but please use a thin font, those are much more sexy than the meme fonts.

Sorry if I'm being obtrusive. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Rixxan

Switched my crosshair to simply a dot, something I remember wanting back in the day for earlier cs versions, I think I like it

Makes you really focus on putting your marker where you want to hit, was popping off a ton of one taps

MayMay

Banned
So... does anyone actually still PLAY the game? ^^

I don't. Fuck this game, really.. Been playing alot less than usual these days and I'm thinking about dropping it completely - for a while at least.

Watching the game is so much more comfortable, because I don't have to deal with all the issues myself lol

Maybe I'll be in the mood to play the game again when they fix the goddamn MM.

I'll play when someone invites me, and I'll play Gaf games - but I definitely will not play the game on my own anymore lol

I mostly just mess around in DM now. Last game I just ran around with a Negev the whole match, lol. I did get a Dragon King from a case, but it was BS. :(

Ludono

I skimmed through it a bit. Nice visuals! They're popping. On the editing, go easy on the fades, you generally want to use hard cuts. Makes it less movie-makery. I would also make the shots shorter, try to get the essentials in (about 3 seconds/shot max). Avoid stuttering camera pans, it's better to cut between angles if they're not very smooth. And big typography is cool but please use a thin font, those are much more sexy than the meme fonts.

Sorry if I'm being obtrusive. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

No that's exactly the kind of comment I was hoping to get as I try to improve my editing skills :) Thanks!

I got a bit lazy and did go crazy with fades lol

ChrisW

Nice one, and are you using your mousewheel to scroll to nades? Bind that shit. Pet peeve. lol
---
http://youtu.be/n034xay8VH0
Really nice edit, but I don't like the viewmodel settings he used.

Yeah it's cause i'm not using a gaming keyboard, just the wireless Apple one, so it's awkward trying to switch nades, I do try but it's tough to reach and I do have really big hands as it is.
Apple-Wireless-Keyboard.jpg

garath

Yeah it's cause i'm not using a gaming keyboard, just the wireless Apple one, so it's awkward trying to switch nades, I do try but it's tough to reach and I do have really big hands as it is.
Apple-Wireless-Keyboard.jpg

What I did back in the cs:source days was set up my bindings like this:

mousewheel scroll up - secondary weapon
mousewheel scroll down - primary weapon
thumb 1 - flash
thumb 2 - he nade
Q - knife

Then I have smokes and incidiarys on 4/5. Bomb is 1.

It's the best setup I've found for bindings. I've never had a great deal of precision on the number keys either. The only issue I have with this setup is I'll never bunny hop :(

Shadownet

Banned
I don't. Fuck this game, really.. Been playing alot less than usual these days and I'm thinking about dropping it completely - for a while at least.

Watching the game is so much more comfortable, because I don't have to deal with all the issues myself lol

Maybe I'll be in the mood to play the game again when they fix the goddamn MM.

I'll play when someone invites me, and I'll play Gaf games - but I definitely will not play the game on my own anymore lol

I solo twice on Back Alley for two days in a row. Top fragged both of those games. 30 kills each and I won one and tied the other.

I miss playing with GAF.

ChrisW

What I did back in the cs:source days was set up my bindings like this:

mousewheel scroll up - secondary weapon
mousewheel scroll down - primary weapon
thumb 1 - flash
thumb 2 - he nade
Q - knife

Then I have smokes and incidiarys on 4/5. Bomb is 1.

It's the best setup I've found for bindings. I've never had a great deal of precision on the number keys either. The only issue I have with this setup is I'll never bunny hop :(
What's thumb 1 and thumb 2?

CoolS

The two mouse thumb buttons. My old logitech MX518 had them and my Sensei RAW which I use now has them as well. It is a requirement for me. I won't buy a mouse without them.

31vBYZCkVCL.jpg

Yup, I have my smoke and my molotovs bound to my thumb buttons. sogood.gif

cresto

Yup, I have my smoke and my molotovs bound to my thumb buttons. sogood.gif

Smoke and flash...what are you doing

Yall need to try mwheeldown as jump. Had it this way since 1.6 and it's the best. mwheelup is reload, the side mouse buttons are flash and smoke. I hit 4 to get he and z for molly. I had using the scroll mouse to cycle weapons. It will fuck you.

ChrisW

The two mouse thumb buttons. My old logitech MX518 had them and my Sensei RAW which I use now has them as well. It is a requirement for me. I won't buy a mouse without them.

31vBYZCkVCL.jpg
Ah right, thought so, I have one of them bind to walk and the other is a "shift" button which means it needs to be pressed with something else so that you can use it for tons of different combinations I.e. Mouse 5 + mouse 1 would be HE nade, mouse 5 + mouse 2 would be Molly.

But I don't have a windows PC so it doesn't work correctly only lets me use it in combination with one other button

CoolS

Smoke and flash...what are you doing

Yall need to try mwheeldown as jump. Had it this way since 1.6 and it's the best. mwheelup is reload, the side mouse buttons are flash and smoke. I hit 4 to get he and z for molly. I had using the scroll mouse to cycle weapons. It will fuck you.

Flash is clicking the mousewheel.

ChrisW

Does anyone know who they record footage out of CSGO like this (tracking shots, pans etc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeFdi1kXaSc

I'm a video editor/camera man by trade and would love to make a personal frag movie

Secondly when they have speed changes is that done in-game using demoui or in editor? I presume the latter, so just record at 300fps or max fps you can and then speed ramp in premiere pro or something?

Ludono

Does anyone know who they record footage out of CSGO like this (tracking shots, pans etc)

I'm a video editor/camera man by trade and would love to make a personal frag movie

Secondly when they have speed changes is that done in-game using demoui or in editor? I presume the latter, so just record at 300fps or max fps you can and then speed ramp in premiere pro or something?

Might be Source Film Maker or something like that. As for speed changes you record the match audio at normal speed and record the video at .25 speed (or half depending on how you're doing it) using demoui then speed it up x4 and sync it with the audio to get smooth slo-mo shots.

MayMay

Banned

I think all of that is just clever manual camera movement, you cant move the camera while a demo is paused but you can do it while it's running in slow mo so I guess that's how they did it

soultron

Banned
I wonder if you can even bind demoui speed values to keys, so you could do speed changes or pauses with keys, without needing to manually click on the demoui control panel.

garath

I wonder if you can even bind demoui speed values to keys, so you could do speed changes or pauses with keys, without needing to manually click on the demoui control panel.

I'm sure you can. That was a pretty basic feature of the quake3 engine. I'd think source has that worked out.

Welp, I just learned this and it's going to change my life.

How to mute everyone fast:

1- hold tab to open score board (keep it open the whole time)
2- click on 1 of them and hit block communications like you normally do
3- Now here's the trick: put your cursor over another enemy's name, then hit space on your keyboard! that will block the second enemy!
4- put your cursor on them 1 by 1 and hit space each time and they'll be muted.
5- gl hf

MayMay

Banned
Haha, nice. I usually just use my voice_enable 0 bind though when I'm sick of my team in soloqueue - which happens aloooot.

ChrisW

Might be Source Film Maker or something like that. As for speed changes you record the match audio at normal speed and record the video at .25 speed (or half depending on how you're doing it) using demoui then speed it up x4 and sync it with the audio to get smooth slo-mo shots.

This makes sense, I might try this later on

I think all of that is just clever manual camera movement, you cant move the camera while a demo is paused but you can do it while it's running in slow mo so I guess that's how they did it

Is there an option in the console to change the movement speed of the in-game camera? that would really help get smooth tracking shots

soultron

Banned

1- hold tab to open score board (keep it open the whole time)
2- click on 1 of them and hit block communications like you normally do
3- Now here's the trick: put your cursor over another enemy's name, then hit space on your keyboard! that will block the second enemy!
4- put your cursor on them 1 by 1 and hit space each time and they'll be muted.
5- gl hf

Now they need to add a short cut to block all communication!

Hold
+ [SPACE] + click outside the scoreboard to block all communication, for example.

MayMay

Banned
Is there an option in the console to change the movement speed of the in-game camera? that would really help get smooth tracking shots

I THINK the movement speed of the camera is tied to the speed the demo is running at. Not sure if there are binds to change that seperately.

vocab

imo, 1.6 inferno is far more superior a map than css or csgo. I think inferno is a cluttered mess in the later iterations.

Ya, inferno was one of the best maps period. Fairly simple. A lot more room to walk around. visually clarity was perfect. They made everything in inferno as annoying as possible. B site is a disaster. Banana has zero room to even move. Those little support poles in the way to prevent any picks is an anomaly. The fact that smokes and molotovs can completely decimate a team is a little ridiculous. Also that one angle in b site that's like a crack is completely one sided. They removed the one from dust 2 that has been in the game forever, but kept that one because..... why? These spots wouldn't be a problem if you could shoot through boxes.

They made pit in a way too big. That extra area in a with the stairs is a death trap, but its one more extra area to look at in a map with more angles than it originally had. Also, they made it so you can self boost in window, but then they gave cts a room with a hole in the wall to get a dumb angle on the person jumping in window. Great balance.

Just give me mill so I can at least have another map I like. Any version of mill is far better than another train remake (ffs stop forcing this map on us).

udiie

so, thanks to ddos, faceit is just going to finish the LGB/NP! match off stream.
there goes my morning entertainment.

soultron

Banned
so, thanks to ddos, faceit is just going to finish the LGB/NP! match off stream.
there goes my morning entertainment.

Recently I've started to really hate the addition of UGC to this game. It's killed my drive to make skins (even though I'd probably never get picked) because there's so much bullshit swirling around skins+betting+ddos+throws.

Mokoi

Banned
Yeah I tried it for a little bit, but didn't give myself a chance to get used to it.
Flash is clicking the mousewheel.
same

.....tooooo many steps
Or you could just bind a key to turn voice chat on/off. Although sometimes I forget to turn it back on and think I'm playing with fucking mutes. Yeah I come out of that a dumbass.

MayMay

Banned
All those fancy hipsters with their binds and everything, and I'm just sitting here being super effective with the defaults.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Or you could just bind a key to turn voice chat on/off. Although sometimes I forget to turn it back on and think I'm playing with fucking mutes. Yeah I come out of that a dumbass.

That's what I have. Voice chat enabled for competitive, disabled for casual.

soultron

Banned
Fnatic just crushed NaVi. Wow.

Didn't have audio on since I'm listening to music as I work, but holy shit at that scoreline... even with NV starting CT. Didn't see if GuardiaN did much, but maybe FN forced inside strats as to avoid him outside?

soultron

Banned
Aw yiss, I went medium on NP

Me too. The DDOS started on 2 LGB players towards the end of the match, once when one of them held the bomb, so who knows if that's what really have NP! the edge, but they seemed to be coordinating very well with their strats to take multiple rounds from LGB, from what I saw.

Top Bottom